PDA

View Full Version : Worst Luck In 2003

Giff
12-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Lets take a poll, and see who had the worst luck in their racing season.

GNCCracer
12-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Giff,

You win!! Do you even have a bike that still runs after all that destruction!!:devil:

12-04-2003, 02:57 PM
lets list the races and see I might be able to compete with him!
FL) oil vent line on top of motor came off blew all the oil out of the motor.
GA) Clutch completely gone (Hinson)
NC) brand new clutch plates completely gone again (Hinson)
SC) Screw in the throutle came loose lost the throutle. (that was straight from the factory that way had never been touched)
TN) just a flat tire
PA roush)three front flats
OH Penton)mud in the eye the same as everyone/mudd in themotor too.
VA)nothing wrong just did bad
MD)Clutchbasket broke went through the whole motor 2g worth of damage
PA t-town) Hit a tree tore the whole front off of new Yami
KY)TOOKIT EASY AND FINISHED
OH powerline)Broke tie rod end
IN)got smart and didn't race

Come to think of it that year turned out pretty good compared to the year before!

MXQUAD294
12-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Quitting my job to go to graduate school-not enough money to race more than once a month or so!:( Not so much bad luck really, just trying to get a leg up in life.

popo
12-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
lets list the races and see I might be able to compete with him!
FL) oil vent line on top of motor came off blew all the oil out of the motor.
GA) Clutch completely gone (Hinson)
NC) brand new clutch plates completely gone again (Hinson)
SC) Screw in the throutle came loose lost the throutle. (that was straight from the factory that way had never been touched)
TN) just a flat tire
PA roush)three front flats
OH Penton)mud in the eye the same as everyone/mudd in themotor too.
VA)nothing wrong just did bad
MD)Clutchbasket broke went through the whole motor 2g worth of damage
PA t-town) Hit a tree tore the whole front off of new Yami
KY)TOOKIT EASY AND FINISHED
OH powerline)Broke tie rod end
IN)got smart and didn't race

Come to think of it that year turned out pretty good compared to the year before!

Hey I want my tools back.

03400EX_Nacs
12-04-2003, 04:32 PM
i finished last.........

Giff
12-04-2003, 05:03 PM
C mon, you guys have got to have some good stories....

Wingnut
12-04-2003, 08:15 PM
My season wasn't as bad as GNCCer's. Here is a summary of how it went.

FL) I had just worked up from mid pack to first when I hit a whoop so hard that it knocked the airbox boot off the carburator, finished 4th.

GA) Holeshot, lead the whole race until I got stuck in a mud hole two miles from the finish, finished 5th after being stuck for ten minutes.

NC) Holeshot again and won! I was still way back at 45th overall though.:mad:

SC) I don't know what happened. After the race my mom asked me what happened to my bumper, then how did I get a black eye? I still don't remember what happened, but I bent my bumper, two a-arms, subframe, exhaust, and I had a black eye and lots of scratches and bruises. Finished 10th

TN) Chain came off. 45th

PA) Again I was leading. I got a right front flat, left front wheel bearings broke causing the front brakes to go out. With limited steering, even after replacing the flat, and no brakes I had to pull out. 22nd

OH) I pulled the 400 out of the trailer and it started very weakly, then it never started again on it's own. In trying to figure out what was wrong, I forgot to switch to my solid air box lid. Still got 20th.

VA) Finished the race, got 6th. By the end of the race the engine was ticking real bad. One of the oil lines had gotten clogged by a piece of silicone. $800.00

MD) I swithched to some DeRisi Shocks and went back to Holeshot tires. Got the holeshot and never lost the lead!:macho

PA) I had the most fun/best race of the whole season. Finished 2nd, but won on a technicality.

KY) Holeshot, almost ran over Ricky Towery. I had to fight for the lead on the first lap, but I still pulled off the win.

OH) I hate Ohio! I hit a kicker right off the start that put me at the back of my class. Then at a bottleneck, I got behind a lot of riders from the class that started behind me. My transmission was jumping out of gear and since I was nowhere near a points possition I pulled out before I did any serious damage.

IN) 5th off the start, first before the woods! I had a twelve minute lead at one point. I finished thirty seconds before second after the bottleneck.

After such a great second half of the season I lost the championship by only one point.:mad:

I know you didn't ask for a season summary, but I had fun typing it.:D

79400ex
12-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Tn: mid pack start had a flat changed it. Finisih three lap mid pack.

oh second race: back of start of pack. missed the first trun in the woods with a bunch of riders. got stuck. then crashed after missing a turn on a down hill and had to be care back on a four by four with a broken rib, hurt neck and hurt arm, all in the first 5 mile of race. Nice race for a 12 hour trip to the race:(

cdalejef
12-05-2003, 08:31 PM
NC....Got mud packed in radiator and got so hot that it melted the carbon fiber water pump impeller and melted plastic to frame (still finished 3rd)

SC.....didn't realize the impeller was melted from NC, quad overheaded at mile marker 2 (Still finished 4th)

IN.....got stuck 2 miles from finish and lost 4 spots overall that cost me 1 national number.

12 Hour of America race.....got flat on 3rd lap of 60 :mad:

propartsracing
12-05-2003, 09:17 PM
I think GNCCer takes the cake... better luck next year!

cdalejef
12-05-2003, 09:17 PM
What was yours Mike?

gump
12-05-2003, 11:05 PM
this is my 1st year racing and only run 1 gncc..only bad luck i had was in a mideast at yadkinville.. was so muddy they had to stop the race and mark off a 3 mile track for a 3 lap shot out.. i had made a full lap when they stopped it.. restart iwas 3rd into the woods and riding smart and on the beginng of the last lap i had the leader in sight so that was the end of riding smart and had 1 person between us in a different class.. so ole dumbass trys to pass the guy through a rut and wound up with a root through my nerfs and in a hell of a rut.. rest of year has just been trying to survive.. no wins but coming back strong.... soon as i get this cast off..

coryatver
12-06-2003, 12:11 AM
My first race ever at millfield, went the wrong way around a bottleneck and skipped a checkpoint.

Taylortown well I definelty didn't have the advantage in the wide open fields

St. Clairsville last lap battling with 4 guys from my class I was trying everything to get around them and kept making mistakes. Got to the big mud hole and thought i would try passing them in it and killed it and couldn't get it started for a couple minutes.

popo
12-06-2003, 04:46 AM
My year sucked too.

FL) Got Stuck, broke rear master brake

NC) Got Stuck in mudhole, Made Atvsport Magazine

SC) Got Stuck in mudhole

TN) Got Stuck in mudhole

PA) Got Stuck on a rock

OH) Got Stuck in mudhole

PA) Too Slow

KY) Too Slow

OH) Got Stuck in mudhole

IN) Rolled down big hill, beat up spectator.

Basically I was stuck the whole season.:mad:

dirtmomma
12-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by popo
My year sucked too.

SC) Got Stuck in mudhole

TN) Got Stuck in mudhole

PA) Got Stuck on a rock

OH) Got Stuck in mudhole

PA) Too Slow

KY) Too Slow

OH) Got Stuck in mudhole

I like PoPo's the best..........
got stuck,got stuck,got stuck,got stuck, beat up spectator ROFLMGDAO I needed that laugh this morning LOL

My season is just starting but here it is so far:
1st race- DID NOT SPIIN OUT!!!
2nd race- last lap last turn SPUN OUT!!!!
3rd race- last lap last turn SPUN OUT!!!!

tonight is my next one & I've done some suspension tuning, lowering,& am putting a sway bar on so we'll see if I can keep er going straight tonight LOL

toby400ex
12-06-2003, 10:38 AM
I guess i did pretty well for my First year of racing
Out of 9 races in 2003 I broke my left wrist but only DNF'ed one race:mad:

Sick0
12-06-2003, 11:21 AM
I probly had the worst season this year. I only finished two main for the neatv series.

I raced two classes this whole year, 4stroke & open

first race of the year.-

4stroke-first race of the year, and get bad lane pick all the way at the end, and and my shiftr was bend real bad and misshift of the line, and got 17th place off the start, then get caught up in a big pile up, I charge ahead until nobody was in front of me and won the race by 30 sec.

open- get a decent start, got ahead of everybody but first place and finished in second. feeling pretty got no with a 1st and 2nd place for the fist part of the day.

4stroke main- problem I have two flat rear tires( no beadlocks), and chain I can't tighten and a bad shifter. the gate drops, and the rims just spin inside the tires. then I finally got going I missed shifteted. I ended up with a very bad start. I start to charged ahead again get into 4th place when my chains comes off. DNF

Open- same problems still. and get a bad start. I start charging ahead picking poeple off and get into like 6th and the chains comes off again. DNF

JOLLY ROGER- was having motor problems and didn't go.

Next race... Diamond back
Blow cycinder in practices( atleast I bought beadlocks and a new shifter)

ROCHESTER- WAS CANCELLED

SOUTHWICK- CANCELLED

SOUTHWICK-

open- almost pulled my first holeshot But(666) beat me to it. Me and 666 battle for a couple of lap when I finally got ahead of him
I caught in some soft stuff and he pass me. I wind up in second

4stroke-bad start, I make my way in the front off the pack and was fighting 2nd(4x) when my valve cap came off and started to shoot oil every where and was losing power so couldn't get around him. I still wind up in 3rd place with no oil on the motor.

open main-bad start, I was charging ahead, hit the new jump in 4th when the kid in front of me slowed down alot and b*tch the jump. I landed on him and sprain my neck and fractured two ribs.
DNF
4stroke- I was just try to finish a main even with the two fractured ribs. I was trying to take easy! some I pull a good start hurt. I was in 2nd place when (400ex#18) crashed right in front of me and I ran him over( my team mate). DNF

SOUTHWICK--
open-bad start couldn't manage to get around one slow *** kid. the track seamed one lined. didn't quilfiy.

4stroke- good start, in second. the motor cut out for no reason. can't get it started. I finally get it started afetr getting lapped and i raced an extra lap around the track by my self. last place

open lcq- some kid on a raptor cuts me off and I crash.DNF
4stroke LCQ- bad start make my way into the last quilifying spot and my spark plug comes out. on the second to last turn.

Sick0
12-06-2003, 12:04 PM
cont..

JOLLY ROGER- blow head gasket

propartsracing
12-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by propartsracing
I think GNCCer takes the cake... better luck next year!

Hey Jeff,

Mike had the worst luck this year too... just stupid stuff happening. He didn't finish the first 3 & then decided not to even race the Fall races because he was set on buying a stock car. He bought his race car about a month ago, a DIRT 358 Sportsman car which he will race in NJ next year. He loved racing the car a couple of years ago & decided to go back into that & retire from GNCC racing.

Good luck to all of you next year... if anyone needs a brand new 31ft Winnebago motorhome, please pm me. Absolutely nothing wrong with it & it's in NEW condition.

Thanks!

Trish Krachun

cdalejef
12-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Sorry to see ya go Trish....we're gonna miss you! Is that the same Winnebago that was stuck up to its axles at the Penton? :eek2:

J/K :p

gibson400ex
12-06-2003, 04:51 PM
i guess mine was not racing:( but im gonna next year:devil:

propartsracing
12-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Sorry to see ya go Trish....we're gonna miss you! Is that the same Winnebago that was stuck up to its axles at the Penton? :eek2:

J/K :p

Yeah, Penton was pretty bad, we didn't get stuck... that was Neidlinger... but we got it all cleaned up the minute we got home!

Good Luck next year to you & all your racers!

Trish

Sick0
12-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Shorten list:

race this year-11

Cancelled races this season-3

races missed because of motor problems-3

DNF's this season-11

When finished placing-

3-1st,
3-2nd
2-3rd
3-4th
2-5th
1-6th
1-9th
1-12th

My season was very frustrating because I was very competitve.
Atleast I won the first and last 4stroke race of the year.

Giff
12-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Worst Luck....... I have a story for you.
N.C.- I was riding a brand new bike, and a bolt came of the stator plate and got into the stator. When I doug it out on Monday it still had locktight on it. (go figure)

S.C.- I was having a really good race running third.Then I couldnt find our pits so I could fuel so I ran out of gas. No fear though I had enough on reserve to find the pits. But the guy running the dozer thought the race was over. Have you ever came through a blind turn head to head with a dozer? (the dozer wins)

T.N.- Have you ever riden the first lap with your choke on? (what a big dumb *****)

R.C.- Total demolition......... I caught a tree in fourth gear, and ripped the roll a arms off of my Lonestar chassis, also breaking my Axis shock in half... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

V.A.- Broken swingarm

M.D.- I was running good until my sprocket fell off on the last lap. (that kinda $hit dosent happen to normal people)

P.A.- My swing arm bolt broke, and my swing arm got into my cases.

K.Y.- The local gentlemans club isnt the best place to spend the evening before a big race. I was running third till the last lap. Than thats when the beverages from the night before started spewing out of my helmet. (now that was my fault, but I would go back and change it)

Saint Clarisville- Chain came off.. ???????/

I.N.- Finally a good race. Other than the big bottlenecks

Sometimes I wounder why I put myself through the agony, But truthfully I wouldnt trade it for the world. I cannot wait till next year.........

coryatver
12-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Giff

R.C.- Total demolition......... I caught a tree in fourth gear, and ripped the roll a arms off of my Lonestar chassis, also breaking my Axis shock in half...

ouch!

airheadedduner
12-07-2003, 11:36 PM
My first year racing, so far in arenacross I have done so-so.

1st race-
Moto 1-Got stuck in bottle neck in first corner, killed the bike, came back to finsih 2nd.
Moto 2-Pulled a huge holeshot, arsehole tries to take me out:cuss: and we get stuck together.
2nd race-
Moto 1-Pulled holeshot and walked away from everyone. Got anxiuos and lost concentration halfway through, going through rythm section, nose to low on last double, darkness. Fipped bike back over and finished last.
Moto 2-Pulled another holeshot, about halfway through my shoulder started giving out(see above), dropped back and finished 2nd.
3rd race-
Moto 1-Ran midpack and finished 3rd, Narly R's snapps off both left side ball joints and crashes hard.
Moto 2-Ran in second till I almost crashed. Was way back in the pack and cased a step-up and broke the swingarm. DNF'd.

I'm learnin
:p

popo
12-08-2003, 01:00 AM
N.C.- I was riding a brand new bike, and a bolt came of the stator plate and got into the stator. When I doug it out on Monday it still had locktight on it. (go figure)

S.C.- I was having a really good race running third.Then I couldnt find our pits so I could fuel so I ran out of gas. No fear though I had enough on reserve to find the pits. But the guy running the dozer thought the race was over. Have you ever came through a blind turn head to head with a dozer? (the dozer wins)

T.N.- Have you ever riden the first lap with your choke on? (what a big dumb *****)

R.C.- Total demolition......... I caught a tree in fourth gear, and ripped the roll a arms off of my Lonestar chassis, also breaking my Axis shock in half... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

V.A.- Broken swingarm

M.D.- I was running good until my sprocket fell off on the last lap. (that kinda $hit dosent happen to normal people)

P.A.- My swing arm bolt broke, and my swing arm got into my cases.

K.Y.- The local gentlemans club isnt the best place to spend the evening before a big race. I was running third till the last lap. Than thats when the beverages from the night before started spewing out of my helmet. (now that was my fault, but I would go back and change it)

Saint Clarisville- Chain came off.. ???????/

I.N.- Finally a good race. Other than the big

bottlenecks

Sometimes I wounder why I put myself through the agony, But truthfully I wouldnt trade it for the world. I cannot wait till next year.........

Giff, I don't think you would be your old same goofy self.... if everthing went smooth.

:blah:

Santo DeRisi
12-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by propartsracing
Hey Jeff,

Mike had the worst luck this year too... just stupid stuff happening. He didn't finish the first 3 & then decided not to even race the Fall races because he was set on buying a stock car. He bought his race car about a month ago, a DIRT 358 Sportsman car which he will race in NJ next year. He loved racing the car a couple of years ago & decided to go back into that & retire from GNCC racing.

Good luck to all of you next year... if anyone needs a brand new 31ft Winnebago motorhome, please pm me. Absolutely nothing wrong with it & it's in NEW condition.

Thanks!

Trish Krachun

Trish!

Tell Mike that i said Hello and i wished him luck on the race cars!
I am sure he knows but tell him i will be on Team Safari for 2004!!
Talk to you soon!

Steelcity24
12-09-2003, 05:14 AM
I didn't have any luck in 2003 because I had some bad luck in 2002. I suffered a compound fracture of the femur after landing on top of some idiot over a very large double!!! Needless to say I haven't ridden much since. I do have a trx 450r on order so I should be riding soon!!!! Unfortunately my wife doesn't like the idea of me racing again:(

Ryan
12-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by popo
My year sucked too.

SC) Got Stuck in mudhole

TN) Got Stuck in mudhole

PA) Got Stuck on a rock

OH) Got Stuck in mudhole

PA) Too Slow

KY) Too Slow

OH) Got Stuck in mudhole

The only place you got stuck was in last place!

:blah: :macho

popo
12-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
The only place you got stuck was in last place!

:blah: :macho

And youre the LOSER for posting a comment like that IDIOT!

Where did you place big mouth?

Ryan
12-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Popo, I didn't intend to flame. I was just jokin with ya.

gibson400ex
12-09-2003, 04:03 PM
POPO it dont matter if you get stuck or anythigfn it jsut matters if you are having fun;)

Giff
12-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Give em he// popo

Giff
12-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Popo, tou might get stuck alot........ But I guarantee you have the best looking stuck bike out there........

popo
12-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Popo, I didn't intend to flame. I was just jokin with ya.

I know, I get a little testicle at times. "My bad"

Next year I'll be in the top 10 rather than 13th for the season.

popo
12-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Popo, tou might get stuck alot........ But I guarantee you have the best looking stuck bike out there........

Just wait...ya aint seen nothing yet.. giffer