PDA

View Full Version : what works best with a modded motor

Chanman420q
12-04-2003, 01:38 PM
What do u think would work best for a Pretty modded motor. Say the motor had a 11:1 compression, TC cam, Porting and an FCR carb, which exhaust do u think will bring my motor to its full potential, HMF or LRD? The new Pro-4 or the full HMF. Id like to hear from people who have experience with these exhausts so i can get an educated andser, not "HMF" cuz C&D sells it and it will sapport the site, or LRD cuz i like those letters better

12-04-2003, 03:22 PM
i would definantly go with either LRD or Sparks...they are engine builder pipes...build just for people with modded bikes...sure they work with stock motors also...but when u add some power these pipes move up to their full potential...i would go with 1 of these over any of those pipes u have listed...i run the sparks x-6...and i can garuntee you...if u buy that pipe...u will not be disappointed...same goes with the lrd pipe...i hope this helps

Chanman420q
12-05-2003, 01:37 PM
well i kinda wanted to stay away from sparks, its the most expensive and the quality of the pipe isnt always top notch

12-05-2003, 01:45 PM
A full HMF will work as good as any engine builders pipe..

Chanman420q
12-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Rico
A full HMF will work as good as any engine builders pipe..

so your saying i wont notice any diffrance in power with the HMF as if i were to use the LRD or the Sparks?

12-05-2003, 03:14 PM
i would have to disagree...if ur bike is built ur gonna want a bigger pipe...and how do u figure that sparks doesnt make quality pipes...there pipes are the best of the best...

Doibugu2
12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
so your saying i wont notice any diffrance in power with the HMF as if i were to use the LRD or the Sparks?

I believe Pappy had both the LRD and HMF and like the HMF better.

If you get the full HMF system, you better have some hefty motor work, because there headpipe is huge.

cals400ex
12-05-2003, 03:33 PM
i haven't had any problems with my sparks that i have. but i would have to agree, i think the hmf is more "heavy duty," if you want to call it that. i imagine that the hmf, lrd, sparks, etc will all be close in power. i doubt you will be disappointed with any of them.

Chanman420q
12-05-2003, 06:33 PM
would u call this "heavy duty" 11:1 compression, TC cam, Porting and an FCR carb, and like a rev box

RuffRyder
12-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Compared to most motors yes... How bout a Yoshi pipe? Great pipes.. Might work well for what u need. They work good on those 440 Z's. i'd consider them heavy duty since they cost 20 grand to build

pnut420
12-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I believe Pappy had both the LRD and HMF and like the HMF better.

If you get the full HMF system, you better have some hefty motor work, because there headpipe is huge.

Yep, I got Pappys HMF now and it is on my brothers stock 400ex with FCR39MM and the headpipe does seem a little big for a stock motor, the Sparks X-6 with a shortened silencer seemed to rip alot better. I might have to try both pipes out once I get my 426 with ported head, etc...

Id say quality wise go HMF or LRD, power wise on stock motor X-6, even with a modded motor the X-6 is awesome and sounds better I think

cals400ex
12-06-2003, 11:44 AM
chanman, when i was saying heavy duty, i was referring to the build quality of the pipe. it just seems like they are built really strong or in other words, it seems like they will last.

i personally don't care for the yosh pipes. on the dyno, many made more power and the price is quite a bit for those too. just my opinion, but i wouldn't get one.

pnut420
12-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
chanman, when i was saying heavy duty, i was referring to the build quality of the pipe. it just seems like they are built really strong or in other words, it seems like they will last.

i personally don't care for the yosh pipes. on the dyno, many made more power and the price is quite a bit for those too. just my opinion, but i wouldn't get one.

The HMF is way beefier than the sparks, but weighs a little more, I like the way the silencer mounts on the HMF vs Sparks also, but the HMF's headpipes are big and doesnt seem like you could run a big oil tank, I love the sparks, but both are great pipes.

hook
12-06-2003, 02:03 PM
416 stg2 je piston 11-1 port&polish 41mm fcr yousi full anloving it:devil:

BIGRED400
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Dyno's don't lie... http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961 next to sparks but alot cheaper.............11:1 - run 18 disc's

cals400ex
12-06-2003, 06:01 PM
hook, did you put other mods on when you installed the 41mm carb?? if not, what kind of gains did you get??

12-06-2003, 06:35 PM
hook, did you put other mods on when you installed the 41mm carb?? if not, what kind of gains did you get??

lol...frequent loss of power...loss of low end...frequent bogging...huge gain on top end...lol dont run big carbs on stock motors...not good thing...no i didnt try it...just sayin what he will say if he just put the carb on lol

Toadz400
12-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
lol...frequent loss of power...loss of low end...frequent bogging...huge gain on top end...lol dont run big carbs on stock motors...not good thing...no i didnt try it...just sayin what he will say if he just put the carb on lol

I think he was talking to hook....i don't think a 41 would cause a frequent loss of power...loss of low end yes, frequent bogging no, unless you have the jetting all screwed up. sure i wouldn't try it, but he's probably planning on getting more mods soon....

hook
12-06-2003, 08:50 PM
hook, did you put other mods on when you installed the 41mm carb?? if not, what kind of gains did you get?? i put the 41mm on last big differce:devil:

cals400ex
12-07-2003, 01:03 AM
yeah hook, that is what i was referring too. i didn't know if you put the carb on the same times as the other work or not. i just don't hear much about the 41 so i didn't know how it performed to the 39mm.