PDA

View Full Version : all you xc racers

wwclea01
12-04-2003, 01:07 PM
I have a 300 ex and am wanting to start racing xc. If I bought some works shocks without the rezzys for the front than how much of a better ride would it be. Also should I go with a streering stabilizer.

toby400ex
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Finally someone with the right ideas,, I didnt notice the actual ride quality change with my works . Id say if you are gonna spend the money on shocks get them with rezzies, they make a big difference in a 2 hour race.Fading was a big problem for me before i got my works with rezzies. Try and find some good used shocks with rezzies if u can afford new ones with the cans. I just got a steering stabilizer and it works great so far. You might also wanna get some good tires if its in your budget.

wwclea01
12-04-2003, 07:36 PM
I already have good tires. Do you think I should worry about a back shock or not though? I dont really see the sense in spending a bunch of money on a 300 ex unless I totally have to. I am definitely doing front shocks. How good would I be with just stock a arms. This is going to be my first year of racing xc.

Braff1
12-04-2003, 07:54 PM
First of all show up and race. If interested then look at shocks etc. I put some works double rates on my son's 300ex and he really like the way it improved the ride. I hit a couple small jumps on it and made a big difference ( and they weren't set up for fat boy size). Hope to see you out there soon.

Dan

bradley300
12-04-2003, 09:06 PM
300ex's are great xc machines. they turn sharp, have tons of low end and will hang with anything out there in the tight stuff.

Diedrich
12-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
300ex's are great xc machines. they turn sharp, have tons of low end and will hang with anything out there in the tight stuff.

preach it brad

gump
12-04-2003, 10:39 PM
you can only tell a difference with new shocks if you ride it hard.. just crusing through the woods won't make much difference but if you ride hard it makes a world of difference. i started the year out on a 300 but moved up to a z400 cause i was getting to be a better rider and needed alittle more power. plus i'm really alittle to big for a 300.. but i was a hell of alot faster in the tight stuff on the 300.. i love my z and have elkas on the front and santo derisi revalved my rear and the faster i get the bigger a difference shocks make.. and i have been out run by several 300's !!!! the rider is the determing factor!!!!!!!!!!

Santo DeRisi
12-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Shocks will make a great difference. Also the steering damper is one of the best bolt on products that you can buy!!

Meek
12-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
Also the steering damper is one of the best bolt on products that you can buy!! :D

wwclea01
12-09-2003, 05:56 PM
well this weekend I traded it for a 250 r so I should have a much better machine now.

coryatver
12-09-2003, 05:58 PM
How does a steering damper work?

Santo DeRisi
12-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
How does a steering damper work?

It hooks from your frame to your steering stem and it is like a small shock that acts as suspension on your steering.
If you hit a rock with the front tire and you do not have a damper it will try to jerk the bars out of your hands. If you have a damper it will reduce the impact and make it to where you feel much less feedback in the steering. Does that make since to you the way i explained it?
Hope so.