PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a CRF250 or a YZ250F?

denney_special9
12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to see what some of you thought was the better bike. I've been reading up and it looks like the YZF might have a little more poo and it has a high center of gravity. But when it comes down to over-all. The CRF is the way to go, the smoothness of the power to the comfort. From what i've read its the better bike. I just can't decide though.

12-03-2003, 09:35 PM
well...trust me on this 1...my dads friend is a pro rider...he was the only person to win in every class in 1 year...and he spent over $2000 to fix the hondas poor suspension and handling...he rides the crf450...he hopped on a yzf450 and said the handling and suspension were far better then the hondas...he also said the hondas engine was way better and so much easier to start then the yami's...if u want engine go for the honda...if u want handling go for the yami...:D

12-03-2003, 09:39 PM
and to add to the confusion, the kx250f is a hot bike toooooo:D

dustnyu17
12-03-2003, 09:52 PM
yami are 1 year bikes hondas last for ever crf20f is the best overall bike

RIDE RED:mad:

exatak199
12-03-2003, 10:36 PM
crf20f you say hummmm sounds fasssssss:eek2:

just buggen ya:D

airheadedduner
12-04-2003, 11:57 AM
At my local track the only rider on a CRF has been spanking the yammis, and its all stock.

brandonpeake
12-04-2003, 12:02 PM
what type of riding do you do?
this may help alot, im guessing motocross , also are u buying used or new? if i was buying used id pick up a nice ktm for a nice price and i would think it would be superior to any bike mentioned here

12-04-2003, 12:12 PM
yea well sometimes the motor will make you shine regardless if the suspension isnt as good.

I remeber when i use to race expert 125 cc everyone said the yammi, kawie and suzuki handled better then the CR. but the CR had the baddest motor. The cr also had a wicked front fork spike when you hit the whoops at a certain angle.If you learned how to ride the bike it was pretty much unbeatable.So I guess what im saying is, the suspension doesnt matter to much if you can learn how to ride the bike hard even with its "handling" draw backs.

Has anyone seen the kx250f on the track?

I am a honda fan but i rode the kx250f and that bike hauls ***.
they have a pretty trick front suspension too, which is called "semisealed" front forks. the forks actually pressurize them selves with air sort of like resiviors on a pair of shocks on a quad.

hondafox440
12-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
well...trust me on this 1...my dads friend is a pro rider...he was the only person to win in every class in 1 year...and he spent over $2000 to fix the hondas poor suspension and handling...he rides the crf450...he hopped on a yzf450 and said the handling and suspension were far better then the hondas...he also said the hondas engine was way better and so much easier to start then the yami's...if u want engine go for the honda...if u want handling go for the yami...:D

Ok that guy is a moron.

The Hondas have the BEST handling and suspension, period. Ride any CR or CRF and then any yellow green or blue bike and tell me what you think. I guarentee the Honda is better in the handling/suspension department. The motor on the CRF450 is far superior to the YZ450F. It is more tractable, makes more low end torque, has better roll on, and is just faster to ride for all skill levels - beginner to expert. The CRF250 won Dirtrider's shootout for best 125cc class bike of 2004, which had some credibility because DR is usually biased against Honda (it seems all Hondas get last place in every shootout, except for the CRFs, and Yamahas ALWAYS win).

The KX-F/RM-Z is a pretty nice bike. Definitely better than I expected. I think next year it will definitely give the Honda and Yamaha a run for thier money.

Honda really put a lot of time and effort into the CRF250 and it really paid off. I would suggest getting that.

12-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Ok that guy is a moron.

The Hondas have the BEST handling and suspension, period. Ride any CR or CRF and then any yellow green or blue bike and tell me what you think. I guarentee the Honda is better in the handling/suspension department. The motor on the CRF450 is far superior to the YZ450F. It is more tractable, makes more low end torque, has better roll on, and is just faster to ride for all skill levels - beginner to expert. The CRF250 won Dirtrider's shootout for best 125cc class bike of 2004, which had some credibility because DR is usually biased against Honda (it seems all Hondas get last place in every shootout, except for the CRFs, and Yamahas ALWAYS win).

The KX-F/RM-Z is a pretty nice bike. Definitely better than I expected. I think next year it will definitely give the Honda and Yamaha a run for thier money.

Honda really put a lot of time and effort into the CRF250 and it really paid off. I would suggest getting that.

LOL ur calling a pro rider an idiot....HAHAHAHA...omfg ur a dumb@$$...they do not have the best suspension or handling whatsoever...the yami is superior in this...the honda has more power in some areas but the yami is better in an as is state...if u were to put money in to both bikes...then yes the honda would be a better and faster bike...but as is the yami is a better bike...have u even road a yzf450 or a crf450...ur callin a guy who has road for most of his life...races sprint cars pro...and races dirtbikes pro an idiot...look who is talkin buddy?:confused: and just because its in a magazine doesnt mean its true...they get payed money to say some bikes are good and some arent...magazines mean nothing...dont always believe what u see or hear...and didnt i say that the honda had a better engine...u dont need to repeat me...the yami is a better as is bike...enough said...if u got money...get the honda and build it...it will own any bike...if ur really looking for a nice all around bike...start looking into KTM...they make some nice bikes also

Torn66
12-09-2003, 03:15 PM
I've ridden both and if you arent an expert level rider you will be happy with either.

I personally went with the YZ because its easier to get parts because they have been around a few years.

they are both fantastic bikes