PDA

View Full Version : think this is a ok deal?

400exbiggun
12-03-2003, 05:38 PM
ok, well i got my tecate that im going to dump a crap load of money into to make it a mx racer for next season...not this one but the next....any way i dont wanna really ride it on the trails that much and like dent the beadlocks and scratch them, scratch the pc and my irl a-arms, so i want a 4x4, but now jsut something to beat on for the winter really cheap.

Well my friend is a mechanic, and he had a bayou, and a badger that got stolen, he got both back and sold the badger, and had the bayou sitting in storage for a while since it dosent run, he had a warrior stolen too never got it though, and jsut is trying to sell his OTher bayou and breeze too.

any way its a 1988 bayou 185, i know its not a 4x4 and i know its not going to be fast.

but he said make a offer, i said what u want he said like $250, it needs valves, chain, and timing chain, do you think that that is a good deal? he is a mechanic, and im going to school for that too now, im sure if i get the parts he'd fix it or help me too, im not worried about that though.

Do you think it is worth it
Im only 15 and i need a car(truck, i want a jeep) and i have to get this tecate race ready and i wnat another bike, plus i have a non-running 185s and a dr125 dirtbike with no spark

So what do you think? what do you think i should spend? I saw it a while ago, its ok...not the best looking i think all fenders were there, and the tires are ok too

i think if i can get it under $200, like $150 i will do it and just say to my mom that he gave me , she dosent like me spending all the cash on bikes, but if i get rid of the 185s i can prob keep it.
:rolleyes:

bone705
12-03-2003, 05:58 PM
id say if u get can get it running for under $200 then for go for it. cant beat haveng a cheap 4wheeler to thrash on.

400exbiggun
12-03-2003, 06:04 PM
yeah i think i'll offer him $150 and valves cant be more than like $100 at the MOST and a timing chain is nothing. So thats what i said, plus my friends allways come over with nothing to ride, and we go camping and pull our broken bikes home, so this can be like the beater bike:rolleyes: