PDA

View Full Version : a arm paint suggestions

meangreen400ex
12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
I figured since its not too good to powdercoat your a arms I am going to paint them with some good ol spray paint. Does anyone have any suggestions of which kind of spray paint holds up the best? I'm painting them lime green

Doibugu2
12-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Hope you plan on painting them after every ride, cause it won't last.

If you buy aftermarket a-arms, you can powdercoat them.

Pvt. Maggot
12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
thats not true at all..if you paint them right it will last...i did my frame and a-arms and it lasted. it will get normal scratches here and there and on the bottom because even pc and stock will do that...so yeah..just make sure you prep it good and it will be fine.

redroost85
12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
You're not the only one Maggot, I am in the process of painting my a arms right now. I am using Rusteloum Sunrise Red. I am putting many coats on these babies! I just need to cover up the existing scratches and little rust. I know it won't last forever, but it will look better than it did.:)

bone705
12-03-2003, 07:08 PM
The arms i bought off somebody were spray painted i think. the chip very easily.

meangreen400ex
12-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Well I do have a arm guards to protect them and I am going to put that thick clear number plate backing on the fronts and any other vunerable parts that are suspectible to wear and tear.