PDA

View Full Version : carillo rod

02-14-2002, 05:06 PM
What is the best price for a carillo rod. I emailed carillo and they told me I can get one for $175. Are all the other places ripping us off. Is a stroked rod the same as a stock rod? Just wanted what you guys think.

sly400ex
02-14-2002, 05:34 PM
I'm not familiar with carillo, but a stroked rod is longer, hence "stroked". Then you have to get a different crank too.

Can't wait until Jabber has fun with this one!

Sandragggen
02-14-2002, 09:54 PM
That does suck for I bought mine from Sparks for $239 and does not include bearing or pin. I wonder if I can get my money back?

Jay

Adams44
02-15-2002, 07:16 AM
That price sounds about right. Call Phil at Crankworks in AZ (add in dirt wheels) he sells them. Carillo is an H-beam rod and is the best rod you can buy hands down for a frou-stroke engine. I ran these rods for years in 760 HP sprint car motors. Almost every aftermarket chevy race rod is based of the Carillo H-beam design (carillo being the best and most expensive).

You cannot go wrong with a carrillo. I have one in my 400ex motor and I do know that the Wiseco hot rod has broken in 440 race motors, though it is rare it has happened. Those that have broken are now running a carrillo. If you plan on running a stroker motor or 13:1 compression, spend the extra money and get the carrillo. I used to think that the since the carrillo was so strong, that it was overkill, but knowing that the only other aftermarket that I know of was breaking....