PDA

View Full Version : Starting Project Quad

50kid
12-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey everyone I want to start a 250r Project Quad for myself, cus I'm thinking of racing. Anyways I had some questions.
1. How do 250 compare to Raptors?(Handeling, Speed, etc)Just asking cus I have one but it seems high.
2. Is it a could quad for the desert/baja?
3. If I got a 250r frame and got a 250r 3 wheeler(cheaper) could I place the engine and everything and the whole rear setup(swingarm,axle and back shock)?
4.Last one are they a good all-around quad?

Narly R
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Well, um the 250r is the most versitable quad ever made. And still is one of the best bikes out there! I think i would choose a Raptor (modded way out) over a 250r because of for stroke but ONLY for desert racing. They have WAY better handiling then a raptor. If you are going to build it from the ground up, are you going to use stock parts or aftermarket?

A 86, and maybe a 85 3-wheeler engine will fir in pretty easliy I THINK. But not shure. a 250r set up right is a AWSOME desert bike. I think a 86' ATC rear end will fir a 86' TRX but still not shure.

50kid
12-02-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm going to try and put as much after market stuff on as possible($$ is kinda low).I'm going to try and get a stock frame and engine of ebay if I can find a good deal.