PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

slamedsilverado
12-02-2003, 10:13 PM
i'm sorta afraid of 2 things........and i think i know why......i am afraid of hillclimbing and wheelies.....i'm a big guy to so i'm afraid of goin over backwards i did it once already on my 250x on a hill but not i got the 400 and am afraid of tryin these things what should i do......:(

cody anderson
12-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Just do it bro... It's a lot easier once you do it once... Worst thing that could happen is you'll fall off... Go for it brotha' if other people can do it you can too! Have a little faith in yourself!

ghak99
12-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Get a good grab bar and you have nothing to worry about with the wheelies.

The hill climbing I can see, I am kind of like that on a quad but put me on a bike and I would try it. I have had a quad ride me down a hill after I couldn't ride it to the top many times and just have dust myself off flip it back on its wheels and go at it again.

One thing I have noticed is once your scared of a hill you are screwed so just do and don't give yourself time to be scared.

You must have cofidence in yourself.....but you also must realize when confidence becomes stupidity....lol

250EXking
12-03-2003, 05:26 PM
dude i got a 250ex, not the best for climbin hills, keep momentum and dont think about it just pin the hell out of it and hold on.

Nausty
12-03-2003, 08:25 PM
try not setting your goals to high and just working you way up from small hills and small wheelies to bigger and bigger as you get comortable.

slamedsilverado
12-03-2003, 10:50 PM
ok thanx

RH1N08d9
12-09-2003, 08:34 PM
I used to be the same way. a few years back when I rode bikes, I couldn't do anything, but recently, I just started going for it, and now I can wheelie prety good, and jump! I don't like steep hills though!

400grl
12-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Going over backwards is easy - way better than going over the bars!!! :) I've gone over several times on hill climbs - my quad has rolled over me and it still didn't hurt me - as long as you have good protection and stuff - those slow speed rollovers don't really hurt!

Also - on hill climbs - you have to lean as far forward as you can get, and make sure you don't blip the throttle too much at the wrong place - your wheels can catch and that will send you over backwards. Steady speed is a good way to approach hills. If you get stuck halfway up, you can get off and turn it around and go back down, or sometimes you can back it down......just be really aware of the physics around you and use your head - that's the main thing!

Once you go over, you won't really be afraid of it anymore! ;)

Kilabanshee
12-10-2003, 11:17 AM
One thing in hillclimbing. Dont lay off the throttle, and if you dont make it jump off your quad and keep it in gear.

LazeR
12-10-2003, 01:36 PM
unless you in the sand then you can just backdown! Ive backed down the longest hill known on the sand dunes (banshee hill) climbs 500feet in elevation.....i was scared at first but once i started backing down it was fine........then the second time i backed down i didnt turn enough and backed and was going towards a tree so i had to get off and turn it around.....either way isnt a big deal......just becareful and use your head

slamedsilverado
12-10-2003, 01:53 PM
thanx.....all i got to do now is wait 4 the snow to go away

zephead400ex
12-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Just do it!:D When attempting either a wheelie or hillclimb, you cant be too scared or you will psych yourself out and it wont happen. Have the right mind set and all will be fine.

good luck

later

LazeR
12-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Just do it!:D When attempting either a wheelie or hillclimb, you cant be too scared or you will psych yourself out and it wont happen. Have the right mind set and all will be fine.

good luck

later

very well said! when i first started wheelieing i psych'ed myself a lil and i really sucked....

then my dad kinda helped me out....with me on my bike he held up the front end and stood it up to the balance point and held me there for like 5 mins! for about the first 2 mins i was freakin out....then after awhile i got used to it...and then i could go out and wheelie and find my balance point easier.....although i was still scared to hit my grab bar until i did it for the first time then after that its nothing you might try having someone hold up your front end! i know it sounds dumb but it works!

zephead400ex
12-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
then my dad kinda helped me out....with me on my bike he held up the front end and stood it up to the balance point and held me there for like 5 mins! for about the first 2 mins i was freakin out....then after awhile i got used to it...and then i could go out and wheelie and find my balance point easier.....although i was still scared to hit my grab bar until i did it for the first time then after that its nothing you might try having someone hold up your front end! i know it sounds dumb but it works!

That is a pretty good idea on finding the balance point.

later

LazeR
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
That is a pretty good idea on finding the balance point.

later

worked for me....figured it might work for other people so i thought i would bring it up :cool:

quadryda
12-18-2003, 03:15 PM
i got my first quad wen i was 13 and i wasnt scared att all u people are wimps and on wheelies tha grab bar keeps i from flipin on hill climbs jus pinn it and lean foward if u cant make it turn around with your momtentum of keep it in gear and use the brakes to turin it roun and then ride it down i did thet on a 200 foot hill climb real thin trail and still did it by the way it was a real steep hill go for it!

250EXking
12-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by quadryda
i got my first quad wen i was 13 and i wasnt scared att all u people are wimps and on wheelies tha grab bar keeps i from flipin on hill climbs jus pinn it and lean foward if u cant make it turn around with your momtentum of keep it in gear and use the brakes to turin it roun and then ride it down i did thet on a 200 foot hill climb real thin trail and still did it by the way it was a real steep hill go for it!

everyone bow down to the master. oh oh oh your the great one. not everyone is as "GREAT" as u are so lighting up a lil man.:rolleyes: