PDA

View Full Version : i got a raptor

kxrider
12-02-2003, 09:40 PM
so glad i went with it instead of 400ex it dont even compare better in every way, all stock for nw

batgeek
12-02-2003, 10:15 PM
friends dont let friends buy raptors....

where were yer friends :(

kxrider
12-02-2003, 10:19 PM
ha i test rode everthing within my budget 400ex way ot sluggish, banshee 250r, all that good stuff, none of it did it for me the raptor just felt right and it was really good price

the yella yak
12-02-2003, 11:28 PM
I'll show you a sluggish 400:D
Just kiddin-I'm glad you finally got a sport 4-wheeler.
Now we can really race and have a good time.

250EXstud
12-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Not a craptor:D J/P as long as you like it and you are having fun thats all that matters.

kxrider
12-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by the yella yak

ya ur right u will show me sluggish:D

12-03-2003, 12:11 PM
i bet you test drove the raptor on the road? :rolleyes: thats the only place where it is fast unless your on a dirt straightaway or something...I see you got a 2001! you better hope it has the updates ;)

XANDADA
12-03-2003, 12:29 PM
cool, have fun:bandit:

remlapr
12-03-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry to here about your bad decision. When (not if) things start falling apart on it you can come over to kentuckyriders.com and we have some guys that will help you out. They are experts on working on theirs from all the problems they have. Pretty sad when they won't even go on a multiple day ride because they don't trust their quads to hold together for more then one day at a time...

sparks400ex101
12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
you people never stop amazing me...be happy for the guy, you know he made a good choice and as long as you take care of it, it will last as long as a 400ex and trust me i have both have fun with some real power!:p

03400EX_Nacs
12-03-2003, 04:53 PM
i bet you test drove the raptor on the road? thats the only place where it is fast unless your on a dirt straightaway or something...I see you got a 2001! you better hope it has the updates

03400EX_Nacs
12-03-2003, 04:55 PM
i bet you test drove the raptor on the road? thats the only place where it is fast unless your on a dirt straightaway or something...I see you got a 2001! you better hope it has the updates
very true i have rode both the raptor is only fun on straight aways....wow ......:rolleyes: me 400 is way better in the trails to the raptor's torque and speed is fun on the road and only the road

sparks400ex101
12-03-2003, 05:09 PM
where else would you ride other than a straight line, thats all tat matters!:blah:

12-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by sparks400ex101
you people never stop amazing me...be happy for the guy, you know he made a good choice and as long as you take care of it, it will last as long as a 400ex and trust me i have both have fun with some real power!:p

03 lowered black drag raptor-yep its a runner!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! nothing ever breaks on it?? YOU DRAG IT SO WHAT IS POSSIBLY GOING TO BREAK EXCEPT ENGINE which will happen? trust me...the raptors are **** for trails& especially the 2001's b/c their trannys will blow :rolleyes: I bet you use the ex for trails too...why didnt you use the raptor for some trail riding? b/c you know all it is good for is drag racing down a strip!

ny300exrider
12-03-2003, 05:16 PM
congrats man, i think raptors are pretty cool and if you got it for a good deal thats all it matters. now do the tranny upgrade and start moddin her out. i think widened raptors with good mx shocks are sweet quads

LTandRaptorider
12-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! nothing ever breaks on it?? YOU DRAG IT SO WHAT IS POSSIBLY GOING TO BREAK EXCEPT ENGINE which will happen? trust me...the raptors are **** for trails& especially the 2001's b/c their trannys will blow :rolleyes: I bet you use the ex for trails too...why didnt you use the raptor for some trail riding? b/c you know all it is good for is drag racing down a strip!

blah blah blah... blah blah blah blah! Oh, I thought you guys where the adults talking on Charlie Brown cartoons...

And my Raptor's tranny blows too?? I never noticed that, might come in handy once in a while. Gee, my 2001 is still ok. But then I just ride it on the road, and dirt straightaways... Ok, get back to your nonsensical drivel...

TrailBreaker70
12-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Raptor envy seems to be pretty evident here. What's so terrible about the Raptor? It will chew up a 400ex anywhere but the MX track. Oh well, to each their own. I guess I have no room to talk because I have a lowly Warrior. Maybe you should start bashing it too. ;)

Chef
12-03-2003, 08:25 PM

Since you seem to know more than we who actually own the raptors...how much seat time do YOU have on one?:confused:

12-03-2003, 08:55 PM
about 3 back braking hours on my friends when it was brand new.. ;) , he is always wanting to switch 4 wheelers when we ride & stuff as soo nas we get off the roads & hit the trails...maybe we just know something you all dont :rolleyes: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pb1b706cb41207bcb501b041f20535beb/fac7d4da.jpg WEEEE! I love the raptors.... :rolleyes:

kxrider
12-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by TrailBreaker70
Raptor envy seems to be pretty evident here. What's so terrible about the Raptor? It will chew up a 400ex anywhere but the MX track. Oh well, to each their own. I guess I have no room to talk because I have a lowly Warrior. Maybe you should start bashing it too. ;)

all in the rider, look at sheldon riggs he rocked a bone stock raptor all he had was a axle

Bean
12-04-2003, 10:14 AM
i havnt ever seen a honda break before either :rolleyes:

kxrider
12-04-2003, 10:17 AM
honda is alright, but i didnt want to be like everyone else and buy a 400ex and drop 2g in it to make it fast and look good, and i like reverse, so i got wat i wanted

i guess wat im tryin to say is anyone whos got a prob

#*%# you:D

TrailBreaker70
12-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Kxrider, have you had any problems with the Raptor transmission?

Roobus1
12-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Hey Jumbo, you shouldn't have posted the pic. It just shows that you don't know how to ride. It's all right though little buddy, one of these days you'll be a big boy, then you'll be ready for a big boy quad. Sound good? Ok, great.

LTandRaptorider
12-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Roobus1
Hey Jumbo, you shouldn't have posted the pic. It just shows that you don't know how to ride. It's all right though little buddy, one of these days you'll be a big boy, then you'll be ready for a big boy quad. Sound good? Ok, great.

I'm wondering since he changed his screen name to Jumbo, maybe he's not so little now??!! :D

Come on Crazy400exjumbo747man, you know you want to run out and get the YFZ!! :devil:

Looks like the picture of the Raptor he posted would be great on right turns!! :p

BTW... I drove my post count way up just responding to all his posts busting on the Raptor... :blah:

Chef
12-04-2003, 07:25 PM
about 3 back braking hours on my friends when it was brand new.. ;) , he is always wanting to switch 4 wheelers when we ride & stuff as soo nas we get off the roads & hit the trails...maybe we just know something you all dont :rolleyes:

3 hours eh? Thats massive seat time...:rolleyes: I rode our bone stock 01 Raptor harder for 30 hours in two weekends than you ever even dreamed of, and guess what the damage toll was? The left rear fender got a crease in it from a 4th gear endo...turned it white in one spot. Maybe I just got a good batch of 01? Maybe you have no clue what you are talking about?

toby400ex
12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by kxrider
all in the rider, look at sheldon riggs he rocked a bone stock raptor all he had was a axle Congrats on getting a quad. Did Sheldon ever do any racing or just CRAZY EXTREME FREESTYLE. Wired was rocking a 400 with stock suspension too.

MX_Racer_20
12-04-2003, 08:09 PM
good choice!! from a fellow 01 raptor owner watch out for the tranny. i havn't had ANY problems out of my raptor since i replaced the 01 gears with the 02.

Heres what mine looks like.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p2be77f1366314c1cfbddf51fdc2342d5/fbb0c2f9.jpg

12-04-2003, 08:37 PM
first off...that picture isnt from me crashing..its from someone else...second, im not JUMBO or fat or whatever...a Jumbo747 is a large passenger/cargo airplane that flys in the sky through the clouds ;) .... third, 3 straight hours is all the time anyone needs to know if they really like a four wheeler or not ;) .....the raptors look badass & are on a dragstrip but thats about it......congrats on your post count going up too :p & I also wouldnt mid having a YFZ b/c im not bashing yamaha or anything, i just hate the craptor.

LTandRaptorider
12-06-2003, 09:20 AM
first off...that picture isnt from me crashing..its from someone else...second, im not JUMBO or fat or whatever...a Jumbo747 is a large passenger/cargo airplane that flys in the sky through the clouds ;) .... third, 3 straight hours is all the time anyone needs to know if they really like a four wheeler or not ;) .....the raptors look badass & are on a dragstrip but thats about it......congrats on your post count going up too :p & I also wouldnt mid having a YFZ b/c im not bashing yamaha or anything, i just hate the craptor.

Yep, I know what the Jumbo 747 is... I just wondered if you were relating to one! :p Right now I think I"m more like a 737... :o

You're right, 3 hours is enough to know whether you'll like a quad. We're just pointing out that just because you don't like them, that means they're a POS. Oh well... you'll forget all about the Raptor when you're blazing down the trails on a YFZ... then you can bash Honda!!

BTW, if you have cable, I'm guessing you get Discovery Wings? ;) My wife thinks we only get about 4 channels on cable... DSW
History Channel
Speed Channel
ESPN

Take it easy kid, and stay out of the way of tumbling Raptors! :D

Matt756
12-06-2003, 01:23 PM
u got a raptor ur gonna have probelms

12-06-2003, 02:10 PM
yah..im actaully pretty skinny... I love the DSW channel..my mom has it when I go there.. :cool:

kxrider
12-07-2003, 04:12 PM
i jus looked at my title and my raptor was bought in 2002 new and it in a 2001 so it prob has the mods

legaleagle
12-10-2003, 06:42 PM
My '03 Raptor has been problem free... Plenty on tap for street, trail and dunes! I'm goin' after the Supermoto guys next... Here is a pic of it in Supermoto trim...:eek2: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p72b3dd264d6e84e0fc48ca08369cb218/fa550c32.jpg

LTandRaptorider
12-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
I'm sorry to here about your bad decision. When (not if) things start falling apart on it you can come over to kentuckyriders.com and we have some guys that will help you out. They are experts on working on theirs from all the problems they have. Pretty sad when they won't even go on a multiple day ride because they don't trust their quads to hold together for more then one day at a time...

I've had my Raptor for two years, nothing has fallen apart, and I've had many multiple day rides... :confused: Guess I got the best of the lot, huh? And no, it wasn't riding on the road, Like jumbo thinks they're only good for. Many fast trail rides. We all like what we own, have fun with it.

LTandRaptorider
12-10-2003, 08:41 PM
i jus looked at my title and my raptor was bought in 2002 new and it in a 2001 so it prob has the mods

I bought mine in 2002 also... so it may not. If you don't have a piggy back rear shock rezzy, it's a 2001.

LTandRaptorider
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
yah..im actaully pretty skinny... I love the DSW channel..my mom has it when I go there.. :cool:

OH, MY EYES!!!! :D :D

Just kiddin ya, put some meat on those bones! :devil:

Yeah, I love that channel too...

kxrider
12-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I've had my Raptor for two years, nothing has fallen apart, and I've had many multiple day rides... :confused: Guess I got the best of the lot, huh? And no, it wasn't riding on the road, Like jumbo thinks they're only good for. Many fast trail rides. We all like what we own, have fun with it.

dont worry about the playa hatas who still ride the old school air cooled quads they jus jelous

com on remplar dont hat the playa hate the game

LTandRaptorider
12-10-2003, 08:51 PM
I have my Raptor shined up to sale, but hate to do it! I had my Lt a couple of years before I got the Raptor, and that's what I'm used to. I love the power of the Raptor, first 4-stroke that really impressed me. And it did feel a little tippy. I put wheel spacers that thread on to the wheel studs, big difference! But the LT is where I dumped a ton of money, and what I race. So for now, the Raptor must go, to pay for the LT mods! In another year or two, I'll be looking to buy the YFZ. Have fun with your Raptor! :D Unfortunately, the 2001 have some known problems, but nothing that can't be fixed.

norcalatver
12-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Would someone please post a www address of a Yamaha site where info is shared like this one? Just out of my own curiosity, I'd like to see if there are as many Honda guys posting on a Yamaha site as there are Yamaha guys posting on this Honda site. Not bashing or anything, just amazed at the responses when a Yamaha guy posts on this site. I'm curious if Yamaha guys respond like some of the Honda guys here do when a Honda guy posts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

LTandRaptorider
12-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by norcalatver
Would someone please post a www address of a Yamaha site where info is shared like this one? Just out of my own curiosity, I'd like to see if there are as many Honda guys posting on a Yamaha site as there are Yamaha guys posting on this Honda site. Not bashing or anything, just amazed at the responses when a Yamaha guy posts on this site. I'm curious if Yamaha guys respond like some of the Honda guys here do when a Honda guy posts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bluetraxx.com.

Yeah, they do some bashing on there, too. A buddy of mine that has a 400ex told me about this site, I perused it for a while then joined. I like it, you just have to turn a blind eye to the bashing. I have a Yamaha and a Suzuki, so I'm sort of a black sheep on here... something I'm used to! ;)

I have VERY thick skin!! :devil:

legaleagle
12-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by norcalatver

http://www.bluetraxx.com Plenty of Honda posters, but mostly Yamaha...

SadisticShee
12-10-2003, 10:37 PM
I see a lot of bluetraxx posters also posting on this site. I also post mainly on bluetraxx but just love 4 wheelers and quadding as a sport so i post on a couple diffrent forums. I don't believe in bashing, every company has its ups and downs.

Chef
12-11-2003, 07:15 PM
dont worry about the playa hatas who still ride the old school air cooled quads they jus jelous

I'll show ya old school air cooled..:blah:

norcalatver
12-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info at bluetraxx. I went to the site and registered about 5 hours ago. I haven't received an email yet confirming my registration. It says contact administrator when I try to re register with the same name again because I am in the system just not registered yet. Does any one know how long it takes to receive a confirmation email from them? Or how to contact an administrator if you aren't registerd yet? Thanks

86350x
12-12-2003, 02:35 AM
I say screw the 02 tranny, and go right to sam coe for a different gear set. Top a-arms also have failed/bent during hard use, lots of companies offer replacements though. Simple mods will make that thing really rip. Have fun on your new machine, and having reverse is nice for tight trail riding.:cool:

kxrider
12-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I'll show ya old school air cooled..:blah:

o pleas do:p

sparks400ex101
12-12-2003, 12:17 PM
bluetraxx is a very informative site and very entertainig :D , i didnt have that problem when i registered? i dunno?

12-13-2003, 02:20 PM
02 gear set wont fit wwithout changing other stuff eitehr

kxrider
12-13-2003, 07:17 PM
o well i got the quad and its mine and if it brakes ill fix it jus more the reason to pimp it out so get off my case everyone who cares u think i didnt know bout these prob.s when i bought it

biohazard1.2
12-15-2003, 04:13 AM
o well i got the quad and its mine and if it brakes ill fix it jus more the reason to pimp it out so get off my case everyone who cares u think i didnt know bout these prob.s when i bought it

Way to go...do not let haters and pretenders get on your nerves.

lotta little boyz without toyz on here.

12-15-2003, 02:53 PM

com on remplar dont hat the playa hate the game

So do all New raptor owners also get the gangsta slang stock? Jk.. Congrats on the new ride. I liked my cousins raptor when he had it. Its a fast ride, but the only complaint when riding would be how high up it is and tippy. Not flaming just pointing out a cupple things.

kxrider
12-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
So do all New raptor owners also get the gangsta slang stock? Jk.. Congrats on the new ride. I liked my cousins raptor when he had it. Its a fast ride, but the only complaint when riding would be how high up it is and tippy. Not flaming just pointing out a cupple things.

ya dawg so quit sippin on that hater aid, lol:D i got a wider axle and spacers for now they aint in yet but its gona be aight

exrider360
01-01-2004, 07:12 PM
jumbo busts on everyone

01-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by exrider360
jumbo busts on everyone

:(

exrider360
01-02-2004, 06:05 PM
:devil: :D :devil: :D :devil: :cool:

Fred55
01-02-2004, 06:44 PM
o pleas do:p

Uh Oh!:devil: , dont tempt him, you'll get smoked!

From you saying that, I dont think you've seen his quads....

kxrider
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
ha ha actualy i ride with him all the tiem, and we did race and , and we both won many times, it woudl be a good race if we both got good starts though

01-03-2004, 01:24 AM
i bet it was a drag race :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

01-03-2004, 09:09 AM
ha ha actualy i ride with him all the tiem, and we did race and , and we both won many times, it woudl be a good race if we both got good starts though

He has some of the sweetest fourwheelers ever. What kind of racing did you and him do?

kxrider
01-03-2004, 01:06 PM
we did drag racing, but if we take it to the mx track i will kick his asss, and if we take it to the flat track he will kick my *** its all in the rider, except drag raceing that is alot of the bike

kxrider
01-03-2004, 01:07 PM
we did drag racing, but if we take it to the mx track i will kick his asss, and if we take it to the flat track he will kick my *** its all in the rider, except drag raceing that is alot of the bike

and wat do u mean sickesst quads, lol, he only has one ex

01-03-2004, 01:32 PM
if your talking about Chef he is always posting pics of his 250r's & whatever....says he has a raptor banshee 7 some other stuff...im not sure...that would be hilarious if he was lieng :p

kxrider
01-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by the yella yak