PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here?

matt400ex
12-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Hi all! Newbie to racing here, with a few questions! I'm looking for some direction on what kind of racing to do next year.
This year was my first year racing on my '00 400. I raced 7 motocross races and absolutley loved it. There's nothing better than having one of the slowest quads out there and still winning!
Now I notice around here, everyone is big into the GNCC. Is this were the future of ATV racing is? I like the MX racing, and have found a few different series to look into for next year, but what kind of support is there for MXing quad racers? I'd like to become competative (anything worth doing it worth doing right ;) ), and if the "real" ATV racing is XC then I would figure I should set my sights on that.
I know this is a broad question, but I'm just trying to get a grasp on what to expect out of racing. Like anything else, you've got to go where the money/sponsership is. I'm not trying to learn the ropes overnight, but I would like to know what I'm getting myself into. So if any of you "big boys" would care to share some info with an aspiring Honda rider, I'd appreciate it!

ps. Here's a picture that proves that its 50% rider, 50% bike.
http://members.tccoa.com/matt89sc/trophyEX.jpg

03400EX_Nacs
12-02-2003, 11:04 PM
:huh umm i think stupidity has got me here but whats the question:o

matt400ex
12-03-2003, 08:56 AM
:D Sorry, I guess I didn't make that as clear as I meant to. I really just want to know what kind of racing garnishes the most sponsership support? Do most of the GNCC racers race other series too? How do you get started in the GNCC, is it invite only? There are quite a few people on here that are backed by some big tyme sponsers, and just like everyone else I'd like to be the next Tim Farr ;).

So if anyone that has "made it" has some insight on what it takes and how to go about getting there, I'd love to hear it.

03400EX_Nacs,
Thanks for making me realize I didn't ask much of anything in the 1st post. :cool:

03400EX_Nacs
12-03-2003, 03:01 PM
hmm i couldnt help you there... sorry....i heard some people send out well, how do you spell it ohh well its a resumae to companies for sponcerships... thats about all i can say....