PDA

View Full Version : Honda Installing my 440 Kit??????(is it a good ideal)?

speedy
12-02-2003, 08:45 PM
i was goin to get the honda dealer near me to install my 440 kit along with a cam and fcr cooler system and was wondering if it would be a good ideal to do that???

bdrue
12-02-2003, 11:56 PM
I WOULD TRUST MY HONDA DEALER OVER ANYBODY.

dirtmomma
12-03-2003, 08:42 AM
:eek2: :eek2: You must have lots of $$$$$$$$$$:eek2: :eek2:

12-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
:eek2: :eek2: You must have lots of $$$$$$$$$$:eek2: :eek2: they will be charging you a goldmine...send it to C&D or another racing company...you will save $$$$

Colby@C&DRacing
12-03-2003, 12:17 PM
I agree the local honda shop here is clueless and charges $75 hour it would take them a week to figure out how to put that together. Give me a call I will hook you up.

XANDADA
12-03-2003, 12:33 PM
If your dealer is anything like my local dealerships, DO NOT TAKE IT THERE! Vegas has better odds:blah:

12-03-2003, 01:38 PM
yep, everyone is right on this, the local dealerships dont know much.

Every once and a while you WILL find a dealership that knows what there doing.Like the dealer I work at. We get work from all the guys who have used there dealer were they bought there bikes and ended up bringing it to our dealer because the other dealer screwed something up and we have to fix there f^%k up.

quiz who ever you give the work to, and decide if you want them working on your motor.

12-03-2003, 02:05 PM
The dealer i bought my quad from I would trust to do anything. But just about every other dealer around me I wouldn't let em put air in my tires much less touch the motor...:mad:

hondafox440
12-03-2003, 02:14 PM
I've talked with the head tech at the local Honda shop several times and he really knows his stuff. I would trust them, however they will charge you through the ear.

remlapr
12-03-2003, 03:34 PM
Rico - who are you talking about that you would trust around here?

Speedy - I bet your dealer hasn't buit nearly as many motors as Colby has and I guarantee it would still be cheaper to have him build it even with the shipping.

Glamis400ex
12-03-2003, 05:19 PM
if it's just a matter of putting it back together after it was bored and so forth, you can do it yourself.

We'll help ya, it's really not hard. Get a manual.

Glamis

yellerfour00
12-03-2003, 06:07 PM
juat do it yourself its the easiest thing to do unless u dont know jack **** about what your going to do

12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Rico - who are you talking about that you would trust around here?

I bet your dealer hasn't buit nearly as many motors as Colby has and I guarantee it would still be cheaper to have him build it even with the shipping.

Adventure sports in E-town..

They have a small machine shop, an older guy is the service manager that trully knows his stuff and does all the motor work, and there service dept is a totally different building from sales, I think the service building is bigger than the sales bulding even. Bore job and full install of a 416 kit and cam runs about $110..:cool: Good ole country people that take care of the customer and not so much their wallet..:D

remlapr
12-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Adventure sports in E-town..

They have a small machine shop, an older guy is the service manager that trully knows his stuff and does all the motor work, and there service dept is a totally different building from sales, I think the service building is bigger than the sales bulding even. Bore job and full install of a 416 kit and cam runs about $110..:cool: Good ole country people that take care of the customer and not so much their wallet..:D

Dayumm - Braff is getting his 400 done this winter, I'll have to tell him to check them out. Makes me almost want to get some more work done to my 425 hmm....

12-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Dayumm - Braff is getting his 400 done this winter, I'll have to tell him to check them out. Makes me almost want to get some more work done to my 425 hmm....

Or you could just take it out to Jeff since he's around the corner from ya. Were tearin my motor apart right now for some upgrades.:devil:

bandit390
12-04-2003, 09:48 AM
Chances are the people at the honda place wont be the ones actually doing the machine work. I know my dealer( and some others) sends there stuff to another local guy who has his own shop to have him do the work, then turn around and jack up the price when you get. To get there money back and then some.

Now that I know the guy personally, I just go straight to him.

I would call the local motorcycle shops/etc first and see what they would charge.

I wonder if C&D racing actually does there own work?

12-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by bandit390

I wonder if C&D racing actually does there own work?

I don't know about the machining part of it but I'm pretty sure Colby does all the work, and seems to be a very knowledgeable feller...:D

Doibugu2
12-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Or you could just take it out to Jeff since he's around the corner from ya. Were tearin my motor apart right now for some upgrades.:devil:

I'll be down to drop mine off tomorrow around noon!:blah:

speedy
12-04-2003, 11:11 AM
How would i ship my motor out?