PDA

View Full Version : Psi Racing Carburetor?

Quadzilla
12-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Ever heard of these? Saw one on Ebay. Kinda looks like a Lectron to me, but not sure. Thanks!

Quadzilla
12-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Mystery solved. I called PSI performance and the tech told me that while they do manufacture many high perf carbs for dirt bikes and snowmobiles, they don't do any for the 400EX or any 4-strokes for that matter (2-strokes only at this point). Shame, because their stuff does look like quality stuff. The carbs are truly theirs (not remarked Mikunis, Lectrons or Keihins). Good news is that they are now starting to develop 4-stroke carbs and expect to have them ready some time next year. More options for us = nice!

F-16Guy
12-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Hopefully they can manage to make them cheaper than a Holley 750 double-pumper. If they could make a carb with performance similar to the FCR, but in the $250 range, they'd never be able to keep them in stock!

airheadedduner
12-03-2003, 10:23 PM
I thought the PSI Big Air carb resembled a lectron??:confused:

Quadzilla
12-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Resembles the Lectron, but they are not. The current PSI's don't have accelerator pumps (hence they are for 2-strokes). They mill the carb bodies themselves....

airheadedduner
12-04-2003, 11:42 AM
I thought that the PSI didn't either. I heard they used a similar metering set up as the lectron. I am no expert on either but I know you don't have to change the needle position in the lectron, it is externnally adjustable. Seemed like the psi carb you didn't even have to change jets. I don't know, been a while since I have seen either one. Chef might know about the PSI carb, I think he has one on the 425:confused:

Juggalo
12-04-2003, 05:04 PM
i hope they start making huge bore kits for 4 strokes. their 2 strokes rip!