PDA

View Full Version : jet size

Max400
12-02-2003, 03:05 PM
I live at 76' above sea leveal and I need to re-jet my carb and I have a few questions....

1. If I jet my carb for where I live and then I go riding up in the hills at between 3,500 and 5,000 ft do I need to rejet to ride in the hills?

2. If I put holes in my airbox lid, what size hole should I put in it? I have the mods you see in my sig. and have a stock filter and I'm getting an outerwares for it...........

Thanks in advance for any info:D :D

Max400
12-02-2003, 03:37 PM
BUMP

Max400
12-02-2003, 05:46 PM
:confused: :confused: Wow maybe I should have asked what do you wear boxers or briefs!!!!!!!!! it would have got more response:confused: :confused:

JOEX
12-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Max400
:confused: :confused: Wow maybe I should have asked what do you wear boxers or briefs!!!!!!!!! it would have got more response:confused: :confused:
I wear briefs!:devil: LOL!:D

With just the pipe as a mod you probably don't need to adjust the jetting for the altitude change. If you had an aftermarket airfilter i'd yes, go one size smaller.

As for the holes, some make one large hole or mulitple 1" holes. The one inch hole will accept UNI vents. With the stock filter I think you'd be wasting your time with the holes.

Joe

cals400ex
12-03-2003, 08:30 AM
with just a pipe, you probally only need to go up to a 152 keihin jet or so. however, jetting is really temperature dependent. in really cold environments, you will need larger jets. in hot environments, you will need smaller jets. at higher elevation, you will need smaller jets.