PDA

View Full Version : ATV Rider Mag. Reveiws TRX450R

ATC83
12-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Here is a review of the TRX450R that I came across on the web by ATV Rider magazine. I know we have already heard alot of this before but it is always fun to read another review.

http://www.atvrideronline.com/web/atv_hondatrx450R_11222003/

ATC83
12-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Sorry about the link not working. I fixed it.

MIA450R
12-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Good info...and sweet pix.

stryker
12-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Good Find!!

Some cool new pics!!:cool: The TRX is look'in better everyday.

Honda Jay
12-03-2003, 08:57 PM
it is looking better every day in my eyes too!
the pics were the best i have seen yet.
the was also the best review, rated on attitude, that i have read and i have read most.
thanks for the link:D

RuffRyder
12-05-2003, 04:06 PM
What they dont say is the HRC TRX450r thing doesnt have as much power as an "opened up" YFZ. They stated in the magazine " While not the machine-transforming can-o`-whoop-*** that opening up a YFZ is, the kit is still a solid edition" I was a little dissapointed. I thought when both quads were "opened up" that they would be about equal. Apparently not.:confused:

stryker
12-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by RuffRyder
What they dont say is the HRC TRX450r thing doesnt have as much power as an "opened up" YFZ. They stated in the magazine " While not the machine-transforming can-o`-whoop-*** that opening up a YFZ is, the kit is still a solid edition" I was a little dissapointed. I thought when both quads were "opened up" that they would be about equal. Apparently not.:confused:

Quote from article!

"I don't think it kicks up the HP as much as on the YFZ with a CT Racing Sonic pipe kit (blatant plug by Knowles, most pipes will similarly wake up a YFZ -Ed.). We have unleashed around 47 HP with that. It will be interesting to see how the TRX responds to a complete pipe and not just an insert."

It seems to me he is comparing an aftermarket pipe (YFZ) to a stock (TRX) one with a free flowing insert. I think an aftermarket pipe on the TRX will make all the difference you'll be looking for, maybe more! Not to mention the possible weight loss. It will be fun to see how it turns out!!:cool:

12-05-2003, 04:53 PM
"I also knew Honda engineers had reworked the motor from the CRF motorcycle configuration, changing bore and stroke. I figured this was a detuning method. Having already lowered my expectations, I was unprepared for the bomb that was about to be dropped on me."

they also said
"It has a very good power delivery with more bottom than the YFZ."

do any of you remember what I said?
You cant compare it!!
Now I cant wait till it comes out and WHOOPS the yfz and LASTS 100 times longer then a YFZ.

MY BLOOD IS HONDA RED!!
go honda!!

biohazard1.2
12-06-2003, 05:37 AM
sounds like it will be a good race instead of one-sided.

I am looking forward to racing one and seeing who whoops who.

It should be fun.

OutlawEX
12-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Man i hope quad tech makes a hood for that,that thing is ugly

12-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Man i hope quad tech makes a hood for that,that thing is ugly

im sure it looks better in person, i like the look of it better than a yfz its all personal opinion, what kidna power delivery u prefer, color, kick, or electric etc