PDA

View Full Version : How Do I get started MX Racing in WI?/

Knips178
12-02-2003, 11:11 AM
I live near Madison WI and want to start racing in a series this year to get points towards some sort of championship, but don't know where to look to find out what racing series are going to be near me or what regulations I have to follow. Any help would be mucho appreciated!

blinger
12-02-2003, 11:24 AM
yea same here, im lookin to get started Racing, but dont know what all I need for my quad and the regulations and districts and ****... im located in South Western, PA

tants
12-02-2003, 04:31 PM
search on yahoo
type in the area u live and inclue "atv motocross racing"
you may have to use different terms (quad mx and so on)

once you find out which district your in (closest set up of racing around you) you will have to buy a district card. you will also need an ama or atva card (go with the atva card because it supports quaders, not bikes)

i dont no the atva site off my head, but search for it on yahoo
they will pretty much tell you everything you need to race

for example on most tracks you MUST have...
nerfs, teather, helmet, goggles, gloves, long pants and sleeves, and any sort of boot (even construction boots)

some tracks require other little rules but those are the basic

like i said to find a series around you, you gotta do a little research

hope i helped... :devil:

EXrider03
12-03-2003, 06:19 PM
now on finding info on when the next race is just do some searching. but too race, you need nerf bars, and a kill switch on your quad. you dont have too have gear or anything. if its your first time racing i dont suggest you try runnin c quad or anything, run beginner;) good luck

kicker696
12-04-2003, 11:05 PM
knips-PM me and i will hook ya up with some good tracks and where to race, i live in green bay, sister lives in whitewater

foxracingpredat
12-05-2003, 02:18 PM
hey Knips178,
i live in verona, wi and race alot in wisconsin..the most helpful site to find races is motobill.com..they have all wisconsin racing info...i race in the Wisconsin Quad Racing Championships(MX) and in D-16 Harescramlble series(cross country)..both of these sereies r very fun and well set up..also what kind of quad do u have and were do u practice ride?

here is the tentative Wisconsin Quad Racing Championships Scedhule
May 15 ARKANSAW CREEK RACEWAY
May 16 Wheeler mx park(no points)
June 12 Tigerton
June 26 Dyracuse (Wis Rapids-TENTATIVE DATE)
July 17 Tigerton
July 24 Sugercamp
Aug 1 Gravity Park
Aug 21 Quadlmpics Gravity Park
Aug28 Arkansaw
Aug 29 Wheeler (no points)
Sept 18 Tigerton Wisconsin State Quad Championship Race
Sept 25 Gravity Park - Under theLIGHTS! Practice starts at 4:30pm

you can also get more info on points and schedules on
http://cycleusa.com/dist16/main.php?action=points

norrisboat
12-06-2003, 07:45 PM
My suggestion would be to move to a warmer and longer summer state. A more populated one would help too.