PDA

View Full Version : Timmy boy a-arms

tt-87-r-racer
12-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Does any one know anything about these arms. I am thinking of buying some +2+1 but i have never herd of this brand. Are they any good or what?

rob-u/21
12-02-2003, 02:36 PM
I dont know were you are getting them from. Timmy Boy has been out of business for some time now. The people who took over Timmy Boy designs is TBRPRODUCTS. Timmy's products were really good quality and at good prices.

Narly R
12-02-2003, 10:28 PM
They were on a Dected out 727 Orange Raptor in DW a while back. Either Timmy or Tommy. Nice lookin!:cool:

ZSK
12-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Either the first or second year the DS650 came out Timmy boy co-sponsered a baja 1000 team along with ct racing. The Ds650 had timmy boy a-arms and stering stem and a whole bunch of other stuff (shocks, pipe, etc.) everything that you'd need to do a baja race not jsut timmy boy but all the other sponser's parts. Since the team finished first in the race with no major mechanical let downs and 4 wheel atv action said the machine still felt tight and ready for another 1000. I think they sell a pretty good product.

Here's a link to a reveiw that atvconnection.com did:
Timmyboy Design a-arms (http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/Features/news/timmyboy.cfm)

tt-87-r-racer
12-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Well im putting them on a 250-R for tt racing and all i have heard of them on were yamahas so i was just kind of leary about them.

12-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Yes TBR Products did take over Timmyboy Designs. As a matter of fact the orange Raptor you are refering to was the last project he did. Since TBR has improved the design of all the products. The a-arms now use spherical heims insted of lower ball joints and vastly improved the swingarm design.
They have developed a lowering kit for the DS650 that sets it 1.5" lower than stock with all the travel.
They can get you set up with pretty much all the parts you need and use either Works, TCS or Elka shocks.

They outfitted 3 DS's for this years Baja with the 2nd and 9th place teams running their suspension with no failures. The other shattered a spindle by a rock and plowed the arm into the ground at 50mph with no damage so they are tough and have some of the cleanest welds in the business.

Contact them at www.tbrproducts.com
Prices are competative and turnaound is fast!
They are all I use and you can see pics of our quads in the BODY forums under Mr. Blues Project 400ex