PDA

View Full Version : 04 GNCC coming soon! lets hear it!

jlhughes750
12-02-2003, 09:29 AM
OK the Holidays are upon us and the 04 season in fast approaching. Its time to hear all the dreams and wishes for everyones season next year. How many of us are gonna some how be magically faster this season, who else is convinced that everyone else is gonna get really outta shape this winter that way i don't have to step it up as much???hahaha

plans for next season??? what are u riding???

I'll be talkin NO smack this winter about how i'll be at every GNCC next year!!! Although last year i had no intention of even racing myself, i was just going as a wrench, but then only went to a few! sorry guys! I'll race as many GNCC's as possible and all of the District 6 Harescrambles and PA State series races as I can. I'll be running the R and the YFZ in both series. As usual it will be impossible for me to commit to anything since my family comes first. It is impossible for me to plan 14 weekends away in advance with out having some sort of problem.. As the kids get older it will be easier to travel with them. But for now it'll be hit an miss on the GNCC schedule for me. I'm lookin forward to another year of reporting the ATV race action here in PA, for MRA(motorcycleracingaction.com).

lets hear your plans, who's stepping it up?? whats everyone excited about this winter??????

later, J

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Count me in for this season! Looks like I'll be on some sort of Cannondale and running either Pro or Pro Am.
Seeya in TX!:D

Wingnut
12-02-2003, 10:23 AM
I'm going to be running 4-stroke stock. I'm hopeing I'll be able to run in the top 5.

Jeff, what are the rules for Pro Am? Just curious, no way I could run it!

Ryan
12-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Count me in for this season! Looks like I'll be on some sort of Cannondale and running either Pro or Pro Am.

There gonna have a Pro Am?

My only plans is to show up and watch the Rausch Creek event. If I have a new quad by then, I might race it, but I doubt it.

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Wingnut
I'm going to be running 4-stroke stock. I'm hopeing I'll be able to run in the top 5.

Jeff, what are the rules for Pro Am? Just curious, no way I could run it! The rules for Pro Am haven't been sent out yet.

jlhughes750
12-02-2003, 11:29 AM
i wonder if they'll still have the 250A 4stk A and Open A classes the same.

Couldn't someone run all 3 of those classes all year(run whichever is starting further to the frt.) and just try to get a low # for the next year???? rather than run for class points, just run for overall points.!!!!

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
i wonder if they'll still have the 250A 4stk A and Open A classes the same.

Couldn't someone run all 3 of those classes all year(run whichever is starting further to the frt.) and just try to get a low # for the next year???? rather than run for class points, just run for overall points.!!!! Yes, they will still have all the A classes. Yes, you can move around classes and work on overall points! Problem is you never know how their gonna be lined up till get to the line. :rolleyes:

400exvet
12-02-2003, 01:30 PM
me and my buddy have came out of retirement after about 13 years. We raced GNCC back in the Chuch Delullo and Bob Sloan days, late 80's and early 90's on 250X's. We hit quite a few district 6 & 7 races this year on the 400ex's to see how we would hold up. So far so good! We'll probably race 4 stroke B or Vet. Probably only make 4 or 5 races though. Back in the day, the races were from Thursday night til Sunday night. Now, they will be early Sat. morning till late Saturday night! due to the family thing!!!!! you know! maybe a Friday night or two......maybe! Were both looking forward to the 2004 GNCC.

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Hmmmmm.......I bet I know you guys! :o

jja125
12-02-2003, 02:34 PM
i got new silver plastic - i have heard people say it will make me go faster :rolleyes:

Derno24
12-02-2003, 02:53 PM
I hear you guys have all the fun so I am going to make it to a couple GNCC's this year. Also I plan on Dist 6 and PA Series races too. Plan on runnin the same as Jeff "some kind of Cannondale"

250EXstud
12-02-2003, 03:01 PM
I will be 15 this year and will continue running harescrambles. But this year i am buying a 450R and goin to start setting it up for the next GNCC season. I will for sure be in Crawfordsville though to help and cheer everyone on again. Good luck to everyone!

Ryan
12-02-2003, 03:35 PM

Some sort of Cannondale :confused: . Wanna elaborate on that one, Jeff?

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Some sort of Cannondale :confused: . Wanna elaborate on that one, Jeff? Not at this time ;)

Ryan
12-02-2003, 04:47 PM
:mad:

250rpilot
12-02-2003, 06:37 PM
jlhughes, you have a pm

jlhughes750
12-02-2003, 06:57 PM
thanks i'll check it out

www.paatving.com

GNCC225
12-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Me and my brother will be going to all of them again this year, I hope I can have some better luck in the afternoon. I'm going to try 4-stroke B instead of C.

Giff
12-02-2003, 07:32 PM
Its crunch time now. Everyones building new sparkly bikes for next year.....

Exactly how much syrup do you have to pour on a pile of $htt to call it pancakes??????????

jgfarmsracer
12-02-2003, 07:56 PM
hope i can have the 450R together and ready in time

LTandRaptorider
12-02-2003, 08:15 PM
I plan on racing my first GNCC next year, is almost 39 too old to start? bah! I still feel young, right after I get off of the heating pad! rider11x is still pending... depends on who wins the argument between him and his wife! :devil: My money's on her, she's tough! All good for me, because he's a good pit man! It's his pictures of my stupidity I don't like... :grr: I really want to talk him in to a little mx racing next year... :devil:

bradley300
12-02-2003, 08:20 PM
i'll be on my 350cc 300ex and also a blaster that will be evolving thru out the season. be racing the sport class again. i am also hoping all of the bugs from last year have gone away.last year my goal was to make 4 laps from the back row in the afternoon race. i accomplished that the last race,(thanks to indygncc at least! i ran out of gas not 50 yards from the finish, he was there to save the day)
so now i'm shooting for top 5 in my class. a loftier goal than last year, but i think i can do it if my bike stays together

indygncc
12-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Still not sure if I will be racing a full season or not. Just had a bad wreck and broke my collarbone in 3 spots. If I do race Ill be in the Pro-Am class on a KFX400.

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 08:53 PM
ADAM!!!!! WTF?????

Braff1
12-02-2003, 09:20 PM
LTandRaptorider
I am 37 and just started racing about June of this year. I started out at some of the local races and ran my first GNCC at sparta. Now I am hooked. Just set out on a good pace and run to finish the race.

Derno24
12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Not at this time ;)

Jeff let me guess something from ATK maybe??? Or do you have even more secrets up your sleeve?:eek:

Ryan
12-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Jeff let me guess something from ATK maybe??? Or do you have even more secrets up your sleeve?:eek:

Maybe Dinilidale? :huh ;)

LTandRaptorider
12-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
LTandRaptorider
I am 37 and just started racing about June of this year. I started out at some of the local races and ran my first GNCC at sparta. Now I am hooked. Just set out on a good pace and run to finish the race.

I'll have to work on my conditioning over the winter. Even a fair arenacross wore me out last summer! Makes me mad I can't do the things I used to, without a little extra work! :grr: Now that I have the LT set up about the way I want it, it's time for me to pick up the slack! ;)

rowlrag
12-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by indygncc
Still not sure if I will be racing a full season or not. Just had a bad wreck and broke my collarbone in 3 spots. If I do race Ill be in the Pro-Am class on a KFX400.
I'll be back on ole faithful Blazer, 4stA, tryin to keep up. That sucks Adam hope you get healed soon, though can you run Pro-am beings you raced morning last year?

chad duvall
12-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey the guys talking about age, remember I am not a young pup either....37 this past month. I will be on the YFZ 450. My team this year will be AM-PRO racing with Randy Hawkins as my team manager. I am going to CA on the 18th for last minute prep with ITP. And maybe a little riding time, who can get any here...Rain, snow, ect..Then maybe down to SC before TX. Seems like it is coming faster than we think...We went to the bike banquet last weekend for my son and it was a blast, look forward to seeing you all at our ATV banquet and bench racing with a few of you! Good luck to all and it will all come together in the end. My crew put a YFZ450 together last year for me to race in 4 days and I didnt do to bad.
Have Fun!

indygncc
12-06-2003, 02:56 PM
John- I would hope they would let me in Pro-Am considering I won my class, had several overalls. Anyone who thinks the morning class is a joke on a stock quad needs to try to race in it and try to get the overall. It was pretty tough doing it on a V-Force also! If they dont allow me in the class Ill race 4 stroke A. The stock class should be a fun class next year though with the Yamaha's and Honda's out.

popo
12-06-2003, 03:02 PM
John- I would hope they would let me in Pro-Am considering I won my class, had several overalls. Anyone who thinks the morning class is a joke on a stock quad needs to try to race in it and try to get the overall. It was pretty tough doing it on a V-Force also! If they dont allow me in the class Ill race 4 stroke A. The stock class should be a fun class next year though with the Yamaha's and Honda's out.

Gosh Adam, with you moving up.. All where gonna see is "Girls on the podium in the morning". TJ could be in the middle.

indygncc
12-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Yeah Im sure Tyler will get some podium action next season. I have hear a few guys make comments about racing stock class. A few of them being great riders. I think I even heard Harlen mention it!!!!! Im sure he would do well in there. If I dont race for points I might race stock a time or two.

TLC
12-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by popo
Gosh Adam, with you moving up.. All where gonna see is "Girls on the podium in the morning". TJ could be in the middle.

I hope the podium is all girls. That would be awesome!!:)

Who is TJ...?

465Stroker
12-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by TLC
I hope the podium is all girls. That would be awesome!!:)

Who is TJ...?

lol - I think they ment Tyler :rolleyes:

Admin
12-06-2003, 08:47 PM
You can count me in for the Stock Class! It should be alot of fun. I just hope I can get my trx450r before Texas. It will be hear soon enough, and I have even seen any of my quads in over a month. This site & my 40+ hour a week job have really kept me busy.

Today, I had three trees fall down in the yard. More Work!!!!

popo
12-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
lol - I think they ment Tyler :rolleyes:

ya him... my bad

justdirt
12-06-2003, 09:44 PM
i hate to say it but there were more fast guys than just Tyler and Adam in stock class and i bet some of them are coming back. i also agree that the 2 girls are fast but they are riding $20,000 quads compared to "stock" class quads.

popo
12-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by justdirt
i hate to say it but there were more fast guys than just Tyler and Adam in stock class and i bet some of them are coming back. i also agree that the 2 girls are fast but they are riding $20,000 quads compared to "stock" class quads.

Those two girls would be fast on a stock bikes too.

justdirt
12-06-2003, 09:58 PM
i agree, i race against them, and i'm not takin anything away from them, i just think that sometimes the level of their quads get overlooked, but they would be fast on stock quads as well. i've always said that its the rider not the quad.

indygncc
12-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Justdirt- Your right at least the top 5 guys in stock are fast riders. You arent bad if you place top ten. You do make a good point about the difference in quads the women get to ride, but bottom line is that they are fast. I dont think many of the afternoon riders think that the women are as fast as they actually are. They could definately run in the top 5 in "A''.

465Stroker
12-07-2003, 03:50 PM
One thing to keep in mind about the women's class...

Weight of an average race ready GNCC quad is approx 400 lbs. (Take a 350 lb YFZ450 and put beadlocks, 6 ply tires, aftermarket shocks, bumpers, skids and you have a 50lb heavier machine)

Average Women's Class rider is 100 - 135 lbs.

Women's Class Champ (Traci Cecco) 100lbs + gear

That is a 4 to 1 ratio!

Now for me:

GNCC Quad 400 lbs

3rd overall 4 Stroke A Class rider (Rick Cecco) 200 lbs + gear

That is only 2 to 1 ratio

Now for me to match Traci's weight to rider ratio would make my quad weight 800 lbs!

I could not image racing my quad with 400 lbs added to it - imagine even getting stuck????

So if the average GNCC racer weights in at 150lb - the average equivelent would be an 600 lb machine!

So if you put the top 3 women racers against the top 3 PRO or A Class riders with 600 lb quads - It would be a interesting race!

Some food for thought....

indygncc
12-07-2003, 06:34 PM
That's pretty clever that you came up with that Rick!

I would say I was close to that weight ratio this season with the V-Force. Stock weighs well over 500lbs plus beadlocks all around, skids, bumpers etc.. that would weigh in around the same. And yes it is tough.

Now think about Heidi Landon doing that on a quad that weighs close to 200lbs more than the others!!!!! Tough Girl!

Scott Kawi700
12-07-2003, 09:16 PM
I see the makings of a good race here. Kawi could sponser it and the format could be something like-
Top five pro or A class riders on KFX700s
Top five women on KFX400s
winner take all!!!! :eek2: :D
I would love to see that.

brazilian rider
12-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Can anyone tell me the prize of the GNCC?

465Stroker
12-08-2003, 04:20 AM
That's pretty clever that you came up with that Rick!

I would say I was close to that weight ratio this season with the V-Force. Stock weighs well over 500lbs plus beadlocks all around, skids, bumpers etc.. that would weigh in around the same. And yes it is tough.

Now think about Heidi Landon doing that on a quad that weighs close to 200lbs more than the others!!!!! Tough Girl!

Your right - much credit is due to Heidi for her efforts. I would really like to see Heidi race a KXF400 in the near future. :macho

cdalejef
12-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by brazilian rider
Can anyone tell me the prize of the GNCC? Good memories and friends!

dwf126
12-08-2003, 09:35 AM
I plan on hitting all the GNCC's this year on a YFZ. I ran them all in 2001 and got 2nd in the 4str C class. Going to move up to 4str B for the upcoming season. Just need to get into shape.

I keep hearing hydration helps a bunch, but it seem the more beer I drink, the worse I feel the day of the race. Who woulda thought?

Best of luck to everyone.

See ya out there.