PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R vs. YFV450

markk
12-02-2003, 09:01 AM
How many people actully think that yamaha is gona be able to keep up with Honda technollgy.\
Almost 20 years ago now Honda was making the atc250r while Yamaha was still coming into 2nd place with the tri-Z and, Just now are the new Quads starting to beat the old technollgy that honda made when it came out with the 250R.
The frames arent a whole lot diffrent from the 400ex to the 450R. (yamaha fans) do u know why, its because they dont need to be, they work so dont fix whats not brokin
Look at your new YFZ's then sit on one tell me that u actully like them??
Any ways i think that the all new HONDA TRX450R is gona smoke everything out there for at least another 3-4 years, untill they need to step it up again then watch out.
OK LETS TAKE A POLE.

In 2004 who do u think will dominate the TRX450R (450cc) or the YFZ450 (439cc)??????

ID like to hear your ideas???

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Markk, I think your going to be disappointed if you think the Honda is gonna smoke everything out there! Honda is way more conservative now than it was 15 years ago!

NTPRacing#19
12-02-2003, 03:49 PM
yea mark, think about this, you CANT up the CC limit any more if you want to run the gnc proproduction class, but you CAN with the yfz. and oh um the yfz is only 439cc stock and is still just as fast. the yfz you can easily get on a diet and loose almost 10 pounds by removing the electric start and battery, While the HONDA Already has a kick start and no electric start but weighs only 350.

think about it a bit more and what can actaully be done to both qudas before you. and like CC size matters!!!!!!!! a 450 will smoke a raptor. how old are you?

trx400ex
12-02-2003, 04:24 PM
The YFV will lose everytime!!!! Seriously, sit on your YF"V"s and tell me you actually like them?..!?...... I think you ought to keep an eye out for the new John Deere buddy, i heard it was 460cc's:eek:

holeshot19
12-02-2003, 04:48 PM
the 450r will cost less in the long run

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 06:44 PM
The 250R was never ment to compete with the Banshee. They were totally different quads aimed at two totally different types of riding.

jonnyknk
12-02-2003, 08:17 PM
I KNOW A LOT MORE THEN I CAN SAY BUT THE HONDA IS NOT THE FASTER BIKE IN A STRIGHT LINE THAT ALL I CAN SAY RIGHT NOW

big bad beny
12-02-2003, 09:05 PM
This is how it is. The honda will me the best for a # of resons
look how long its took honda to come up with this Quad. The reson for the waight is that they but there Quad threw lots of test so they now the week and strong points of the Quad and after they are down they fix what is rong so when it goes on the show room floor it will be the best quad on the showroom floor. that is whats wrong with the YFZ they just threw the thang to gather there was no test done they made it and sold it.

P.S. Ride Red

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Gets your facts straight bro....they tested the Yam for over 2 years!
I don't own a YFZ or a Honda, I'm just stating facts that I know. The Honda is gonna be a great quad but its not going to blow away the Yam and Dale. They are all gonna be similar with each having their own advantages.

Ryan
12-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by big bad beny
This is how it is. The honda will me the best for a # of resons
look how long its took honda to come up with this Quad. The reson for the waight is that they but there Quad threw lots of test so they now the week and strong points of the Quad and after they are down they fix what is rong so when it goes on the show room floor it will be the best quad on the showroom floor. that is whats wrong with the YFZ they just threw the thang to gather there was no test done they made it and sold it.

P.S. Ride Red

The YFZ was being built before the Raptor was out. They spent alot of time on this quad (YFZ).

markk
12-03-2003, 08:14 AM
I agree with alot of what u say Quadracer, with exception of my age im 18 and well i dont know a whole lot about the intire sport but im workin on it, and i do know Big Bad Bennies big brother runs a 250R in our area and he smokes everything out there and i just feel that yamaha ties and tries alot but i have sat on a YFZ and i didnt like the feel at all id rather ride my buddies Z400 it just feels better
I have nothing trully bad to say about the Suzuki Products i think that they are a great Quad, but for yamaha i think people are to just hyped up over it,

One quick advantage i found about the 450r look where they placed the motor, and about those extra LBS.'s does that really matter that much in woods racing,

Id have to say no just because iv had a stock 400ex since late august and i havent ever really been on a 4 wheeler before but i started to run a couple of hare scrambles, and well im about 250lbs on top of my freakin heavy 400ex and well we still had a pretty good combo, first race i got 12/24 second i ended up with 4/20 and teamate race we finished 13/37 so seriously how much does wait matter with XC.

Beny keep rippin that 300 THem wheelies are gettin better

markk
12-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Dales hmmm. Did they ever win any championships? Why did they not sell? Fact is Honda designed and built the 450R and Yamaha once again threw in another bike engine. It took them 2 years to make motor mounts? If 2 years of R&D is putting in a bike motor then they should have worked on it for 2 more.

( i like that ahahahahah)

i have seen 400ex's with crf dirt bike motors in them and it only took a couple of days for two guys in one grage to put it together,
AHAHAHAH YOUr DOin a good JOb yamaha AHAHAHAHAHAH
(yea right) !!!!!!!!!

STAY RED
STAY RED
STAY RED
STAY RED
STAY RED
STAY RED
:D

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 09:30 AM
I see you have no idea what your talking about!

bradley300
12-03-2003, 09:34 AM
i see that too !

"it is better to stay quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

markk
12-03-2003, 09:41 AM
IM sorry if i have offend anyone!!!!!!!! HONDA POWER!!!!!!!

Ryan
12-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I see you have no idea what your talking about!

I agree

Markk, If I were you I wouldn't speak anymore.

BTW, from what i've heard, the dales are comming back.

YFZ450LAS
12-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Obviously you guys have not raced against a cannondale, these bikes setup correct flat out scream. I have one of just about all the quads mentioned in this thread, and from what I know the Yamaha yfz450 and the cannondale are very fast quads strip or mx. for anyone to say different would mean you haven’t lined up against them

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 11:49 AM
LOL....this is funny!

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm not offended at all! Why don't you like the Yamaha? I was very impressed when I raced one at the 12 Hour race.

YFZ450LAS
12-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey I'm not saying the Honda is not going to be the cats meow, in fact I will probably get one. I love my 250r and will probably be just as happy with the trx450r as honda goes. But be assured the yfz450 is for real and the cannondales are right with it.

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
It's not really that I don't like them but I just don't think they have proven to be what alot of people claim they are. Honestly I think they raised the bar for Yamaha but probably not for the Industry. Dales are a great quad but again have not lived up to what someclaim they are. I can vouch for the Cannondale! I raced 250R's in the GNCC's for 14 years. This passed season I raced a Dale, this is the first time in 15 years I never had a DNF and the I earned the highest national # in my career on it.
As for the Yamaha, look at the results from the 12 Hour race, I think that says something there!

seatec
12-03-2003, 12:07 PM
as markk said. he "sat on one and wasnt impressed" it takes a little bit more involvement with the quad than just sitting on it to form a proper opinion. Maybe you had the same feeling almost everybody had when sitting on the yfz for the first time namely the feeling of "sitting on top of the bike rater in it. i admit, i had the same feeling when i sat and rode the yfz for the first time but that feeling goes away quickly. As it has been said many times before by people who actually know what they are talking about and did some actual high level racing in gnc and gncc (not me). The quad is %20 and the racer is %80.

I think it is safe to say that both quads are going to be extremely competative.

spincr4hire
12-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i see that too !

"it is better to stay quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

lol, thats why I don't talk much....:o

wilkin250r
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
And oh yeah that was another bike motor thrown into a quad.

A quick heads up for those that don't know. You are never going to find a quad with a truly original motor. They have ALWAYS been based of bike motors. (yes, even the new 450r)

ATV sales outnumber bike sales, but SPORT ATV sales are WAY below bike sales. Money for R&D will always go to the bikes before it goes to ATVs. Sure, they'll beef up the tranny, but the basic design for a ATV engine is always a bike engine. That will never change.

Ryan
12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
A quick heads up for those that don't know. You are never going to find a quad with a truly original motor. They have ALWAYS been based of bike motors. (yes, even the new 450r)

ATV sales outnumber bike sales, but SPORT ATV sales are WAY below bike sales. Money for R&D will always go to the bikes before it goes to ATVs. Sure, they'll beef up the tranny, but the basic design for a ATV engine is always a bike engine. That will never change.

Thats true. However, it would be just a waste of money to design a totally different engine to get the same amout of power that the original bike engine could of had.

The motors are only based off the bike engines. They are still very different!

big bad beny
12-03-2003, 05:20 PM
ya all lesson up know you are all going to learn somthing here.
THe 450R will be the best Quad around. who ever wins the GNCC chapionship next year will be on a 450r. That is a fact.

I would like to say this i raced up at the team race about three weeks a go and i was on a Stock 300EX and in the woods i was keeping up with a YFZ.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride hard

Ryan
12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
THe 450R will be the best Quad around. who ever wins the GNCC chapionship next year will be on a 450r. That is a fact.

I would like to say this i raced up at the team race about three weeks a go and i was on a Stock 300EX and in the woods i was keeping up with a YFZ.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride hard

If Balance rides a TRX450r, there is a chance he might win on that quad. If Balance rides a YFZ450, there is a chance he might win. If Balance rides a Suzuki/Kawi 400, there is a chance he might win.

Do you understand where im getting at? Its mostly the rider, not the quad. Quads don't win Championships, people win championships. Although have the best equipment sure helps out alot. :rolleyes:

And how do you know its the best quad around? You haven't even ridden it yet :huh .

big bad beny
12-03-2003, 06:17 PM
lesson up Honda has never failed to buld a quad that was not the best. Y would this be eny diffrent?

P.S. Ride red and Ride Hard

NTPRacing#19
12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
markk jump off a cliff

Ryan
12-03-2003, 06:46 PM
lesson up Honda has never failed to buld a quad that was not the best. Y would this be eny diffrent?

P.S. Ride red and Ride Hard

The 400ex was good but wasn't the best. The 250r was still a step above the 400ex.

Get your facts straight.

BTW, how old are you anyway? :rolleyes:

holeshot19
12-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
The 400ex was good but wasn't the best. The 250r was still a step above the 400ex.

Get your facts straight.

BTW, how old are you anyway? :rolleyes: well lets put it this way no a 400ex was not sold as a raceing quad but it was the quad that got people back racing quads and at one time most of the lines at the races were red:eek2:

ex kid
12-03-2003, 07:05 PM
there gonna be close! my guess, the yamaha is faster but the honda will handle better. from the past it seems to play out that way.

tough to beat the dales tho. ease up, alot of you guys dont give them any credit.

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 07:31 PM
How can that be fact? Who will this mystery person be? As of now the top 5 guys will be Yamaha mounted.

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 07:36 PM

I'll race you for some cash on a YFZ!

big bad beny
12-03-2003, 08:56 PM
I,am 16 i have been riding for all most 9 years so i know what i am talking about. You know we are all looking at this at differnt levels. From what i here the YFZ has a lot of top end wich is good for MX and flat track.But form what i here about the 450R it has more bottom end so it going to do good in the woods and it is shorter. Honda has always made there quads for the woods. but overall the 450R will be the Hot quad that every one will wount.

Is eny one going to race this weekend.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

cdalejef
12-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Ok, now everything is making since!

bradley300
12-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
lol, thats why I don't talk much....:o
yep! now you know the secret.

hondas do genarly handle better than yammy, but who knows!or better yet, who cares! the 450r isnt even out yet, so how can anyone compare them?

yes, its all about the rider in the tight woods.

the open sections is a different story. the same rider will be equally fast on almost any machine in the tight spots. as it opens up, thats where the big bikes have an advantage.

jesshamner
12-04-2003, 02:05 AM
My dad can beat up your dad!:blah:

seatec
12-04-2003, 07:05 AM
My girfriend can beat up your girl friend.:D ( and me:o )

cdalejef
12-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by seatec
My girfriend can beat up your girl friend.:D ( and me:o ) OOOOO.......cat fight!!!:macho

cdalejef
12-04-2003, 08:12 AM
I based my opion on my racing experience on the YFZ. There where no Cannondales entered in the pro class thats why you didn't see any in the results.
I said that to the little kid because he was running his mouth that he can beat YFZ's on his 300ex.
If you really believe that the Honda is gonna smoke everything else out there, then go right ahead! Like others have said, its gonna be the rider that wins races on these new bikes, not the quad. Each will have their strong points and weak points but they will all be similar overall.

markk
12-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
markk jump off a cliff

Im scarred of heights,

but i do agree that 20% or a race is the bike and the other 80% is the riders

KEEP IT UP FELLAS HONDA FANS ONLY LOL!!!!!

cdalejef
12-04-2003, 09:01 AM
So do we in the Mid Souths

markk
12-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Where are u racing, iv not really done any tuff track iv just raced at casey illinois, I truthfully think that Yamaha/HOnda Suzukiand kawi, Dales all good except polaris but i just seem to like honda better
I have a late 80's YZ250 4-sale if anyone intrested needs cluth plates, and the rear shock seal is blown,, looks pretty good will sell for pretty cheep, southern illinois area.

and about keeping my mouth shut when i dont know what im talkin about, i thought about it but i just really dont care! u know mabey il see some of you'all at the races when my bike goes back togeather!
Good luck at the Cottonmouth! fellas!!

nuttynewt
12-04-2003, 01:08 PM
I,am 16 i have been riding for all most 9 years so i know what i am talking about. You know we are all looking at this at differnt levels. From what i here the YFZ has a lot of top end wich is good for MX and flat track.But form what i here about the 450R it has more bottom end so it going to do good in the woods and it is shorter. Honda has always made there quads for the woods. but overall the 450R will be the Hot quad that every one will wount.

Is eny one going to race this weekend.

There are more stupid statements in this one post than I have seen browsing this forum in the last hour!!! Keep it up, I'm having a blast reading... :D :D :D

spincr4hire
12-04-2003, 01:43 PM
a village is missing an idiot or two....:o

ravage3000
12-04-2003, 03:08 PM
between the Yami and the Honda...I think the Yami might be faster in a straight race and maybe on the race track but the Honda will be a handling dream, easy to maintain, tought as hell...but when do the manufacturer's ever get it right the first year eh?

NTPRacing#19
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
i also own a 400ex totally setup for mx and i have to say it is a great quad and all, and after i picked up the yfz id have to say that maintenence and handling and power is all great, i really dont see to much of a difference other than names.

NTPRacing#19
12-04-2003, 05:10 PM
sorry that is misleading, the power and handling out performs the 400ex by far, but what i really mean is that the maintenence and reliability is all the same. there isnt any difference with the yfz and the new 450r other than names and rider prefrence.

400ex#18
12-04-2003, 05:27 PM
i think there is one big thing that is missing in here. i believe it was markk that said the honda will be faster than the yami. what are you talking about? in speed or what? then people to agree i think it is just funny. i can't just wait till we see who the top runners are and what quads they are running in 04. and this 16 year old saying he can keep up with a yfz in the woods; what is **** chit... Then bring it to mx, and see who wins. why don't you do everything and see who wins. do a drag, do a watercross while your at it too. I just have to say, that everyone should stop with it, and see what happens when it comes out. If you don't like the feel of sitting on a yami don't ride one, but that is just your opinion. I love honda's but what if i don't like the way it feels to sit on, does that mean that it is going to suck. Well probably..(in my opinion) i personly like the yami, and i almost bought one, but i couldn't get the money. I have never rode anything but honda, and prolly won't, until i can afford something more.

Sick0
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
I think the only thing honda is going to have over the new yami is the handling. I personly feel more comfortable on the 400ex, but the yami so much better ever where else.

EX 80
12-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
I think the only thing honda is going to have over the new yami is the handling. I personly feel more comfortable on the 400ex, but the yami so much better ever where else.

See you should of waited to get a real bike that handles, that will show you for buying a YFZ450 :blah: LOL!!!

AlaskaSpeed
12-04-2003, 07:09 PM
It's not really that I don't like them but I just don't think they have proven to be what alot of people claim they are. Honestly I think they raised the bar for Yamaha but probably not for the Industry. Dales are a great quad but again have not lived up to what someclaim they are.

I am SO sick and tired of this bull****....:o

WHAT exactly are people claiming about the YFZ that is SO hurtful to you and others that have made this assinine claim? I have owned a highly modded Cannondale for 2 years, and now a YFZ and I will say that they are about even overall; and I doubt that the TRX450R will be anything but in the same league as these great performing race quads. :cool:

Now, get a refund on your federal schooling and take a correspondence course in spelling/grammar...........:rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
12-04-2003, 08:44 PM
I think it's an opinion not a claim . At least it's not an attack but I guess if that's all you got to stand on.....

Yeah, all I "got" to stand on is the experience of owning these quads that you talk your mindless dribble about. Have ya made that call to Sally Struthers yet? :o

YFZ450LAS
12-04-2003, 11:44 PM
AlaskaSpeed well said...

How much better could the 450r handle than the 250r, cannondale, yfz, really be straight up guys these quads are so close in performance and handling that it is going to be up to the rider.<----period

cdalejef
12-05-2003, 07:14 AM
I say pick your favorite color! :p

jcv400ex
12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Mark,

Your def. barking up the wrong tree......take a chill pill and go sit in the corner quietly.

Late model Cannondales vs CRF vs YFZ.

YFZ- motor, motor, motor
Cannondale- second only for power delivery
CRF......

I seriously think the CRF is going to be just a peppy trail quad. I don't think it's going to be a serious threat to the YFZ. I think the Honda motor is just as reliable, but the YFZ motor is something special. It just makes great useable power. GNC Poduims will be plastered with Yamaha racers next year, mark my word. :o

jcv400ex
12-05-2003, 10:18 AM
No dude, I meant the Mark kk guy. :)

wilkin250r
12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
My brain hurts.

A stock 300EX keeping up with a YFZ? It's ONLY possible in the woods. I've ridden spots where I could keep with a YFZ on a Schwinn, but that doesn't mean the Schwinn is better!

Yes, historically the Yamahas don't handle as well as the Hondas. But that can change on any given model. Do you really think it's IMPOSSIBLE that Yamaha can come out with a good handling quad?

If you are really that stupid that you believe so, then I would say that it's impossible that Honda can come out with a powerful motor, and the YFZ will have at least 10hp more, regardless of what the reviews say.

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it? Making asinine generalizations based on a "trend". It was a trend that all quads were single cylinder, but that didn't keep the Banshee and the V-force off the showroom floor. It was also a trend that all quads were carbureted, but that didn't stop Cannondale from developing the fuel injection. Just because there was a trend that Honda's handle the best, it doesn't mean that Yamaha is totally incapable of coming out with a quad that handles equally as well.

300racer
12-05-2003, 12:06 PM
man those 300 are racers

Bad Habit
12-05-2003, 12:17 PM
I have, for the most part, stayed out of the TRX vs YFZ threads that have been in such abundance on here. But I thought I would throw in my experiences and opinions (in that order).
First let me preface this with the fact that I am a die hard Honda guy since back in the day when the ATC200X was first on the showroom floors. I currently own a far from stock 400EX and am very accustomed to it's handling and power output.

I have had the privilege, yes I said privilege, of riding a couple YFZ450's and have come away with a VERY favorable opinion of them. These are not ill handling Banshees or Raptors or Blasters. This machine is low slung and you can get the impression of it's handling capabilities when you are sitting still on it. The ergos are good, I feel very similar to the 400EX and 250R, and it is easy to move around on. It does not have a tippy feel to it and the shocks are extremely good for stock components. I'm not crazy about the upper a-arms as they appear a little week, but that is just my personal opinion. The motor output is fairly well documented, and it's not exaggerated. This 4 stroke motor is the closest feel to a 2 stroke that I have ever been on, and because of this, a lot of the 2 stroke guys will adapt to it very quickly. I believe that Yamaha has definitely hit the mark closer with this bike than any of their previous efforts. They have always had extremely strong motors and now they finally have made a bike that hits the same high level of handling that their motors usually attain. So for anyone bashing the YFZ, I would say that you have either never rode one and are basing on history, not the present, or you are apprehensive to admit that someone other than Honda has made an excellent package from bumper to grabbar.

I have not had a chance (like the majority of people) to ride the TRX450 yet, but I will go ahead and make an assumption that it will be another great handling offering from Honda. The front end geometry appears to follow the time proven designs from Honda and the shocks will probably be at least equal to the quality of the YFZ's. I feel (again only my opinion) that the motor will be very strong, but not have the peak top end HP of the YFZ. This will not necessarily hamper it's abilities on the track or trail. It's all about getting the power to the ground, which I think it will be very capable of doing well.

We are about to reach a point when we will no longer be debating things like "The Raptor has a great motor but it handles like crap" or "The EX handles like it's on rails but I wish I could get more power". Instead we will be debating things like "The YFZ could use 1 or 2 more degrees in the caster angle" or "The timing on the TRX needs to be advanced slightly to get the best throttle response". Then my friends we will all be at a great place because that is down to splitting hairs, hell splitting atoms, and it means that either machine truly is a great machine out of the box. Then the next logical step will be for the other manufacturers to come up with rival machines and our choices will seem limitless.

cdalejef
12-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Very well said Yellow, I couldn't agree more!

wilkin250r
12-05-2003, 02:13 PM
But Yellow416ex, how can you say that?!? This is a Honda forum, you traitor!

If you look at the past, the Yamahas have ALWAYS had terrible handling, so that means the YFZ has to be a piece of junk!

It came out earlier than the Honda, so that means they only did R&D for a month before they released it!

Honda has always been in the front line of the race circuit with the 250r, so that means that Yamaha can't possibly build a good race quad!

I'm running out of idiotic, close-minded things to say, so I'll finish off with MY BLOOD RUNS RED, so everybody else must be wrong!

Bad Habit
12-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
But Yellow416ex, how can you say that?!? This is a Honda forum, you traitor!

If you look at the past, the Yamahas have ALWAYS had terrible handling, so that means the YFZ has to be a piece of junk!

It came out earlier than the Honda, so that means they only did R&D for a month before they released it!

Honda has always been in the front line of the race circuit with the 250r, so that means that Yamaha can't possibly build a good race quad!

I'm running out of idiotic, close-minded things to say, so I'll finish off with MY BLOOD RUNS RED, so everybody else must be wrong!

LMAO Wilkins, I hear ya.
Here's a thought, if Yamaha rushed the YFZ and did little research, I'll go ahead and pay in full right now for the one that they do spend time on designing. If they could turn out the YFZ with no R & D, like some are claiming, I can't wait to see what they come up with when they put effort into it.;)

big bad beny
12-05-2003, 03:22 PM
well ya all YFZ people did to just face the fact that honda has made the best Quad for all most 20 years and Yamaha as been trying for a long time and has still not made the best Quad yet.

Bad Habit
12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
[B]well ya all YFZ people did to just face the fact that honda has made the best Quad for all most 20 years and Yamaha as been trying for a long time and has still not made the best Quad yet.[B]

Dude, WTF?

Yes, we are all aware of the legendary 250R. Noone has been debating what WAS the best quad out there, but get real. A stock 250R is absolutly no match for a stock YFZ450. I am not "YFZ people". If you read my post I stated that I have been and remain a die hard Honda guy, but I'm realistic. As much as it pains me to admit it, amoung high performance quads the YFZ 450 is THE best quad that you can go to a dealer and buy as of 12-05-03 4:40pm CT. That may or may not change come the end of this month, but I'll stand behind my statement as of right now.

AlaskaSpeed
12-05-2003, 04:02 PM
....like sands through the hourglass; so are the days of our lives.......:o

Now....I need to get that moose pic loaded and ready............:devil:

YFZ450LAS
12-05-2003, 04:11 PM
We are about to reach a point when we will no longer be debating things like "The Raptor has a great motor but it handles like crap" or "The EX handles like it's on rails but I wish I could get more power". Instead we will be debating things like "The YFZ could use 1 or 2 more degrees in the caster angle" or "The timing on the TRX needs to be advanced slightly to get the best throttle response".

very well said Yellow416ex

This is a very good time to be involved with sport quads:)

LTandRaptorider
12-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by YFZ450LAS
very well said Yellow416ex

This is a very good time to be involved with sport quads:)

yep, and makes me wish I hadn't dumped so much money in to my LT, I'd have an easier time (mentally) selling it and buying the YFZ. I'm still a fan of the 2-stroke, but recognize they're more tiring to ride than a 4-stroke. Sounds like the YFZ would be the ticket for me... ;)

Out_Sider
12-06-2003, 07:30 AM
once again....YFZ,450R,CANNONDALE???? WHATS THE BIG DEAL WITH EVERYONE ARGUING ABOUT WHICH ONE PERFORMS THE BEST??? THEY ARE ALL 3 GREAT QUADS! i would rather have the 450r over the other two...that doesnt mean the other 2 suck, that just means i would rather own a honda...SO WHAT?? dayum, i hate when ppl talk chit about other quads that they have probably never ridden!!:mad:

z400ACDC
12-06-2003, 08:15 AM
I am just glad that we have all these new quads to choose from and"bench race" about! It has not been that long ago that all we got was NEW DECALS:rolleyes: Ride the brand you like and don't get caught up in all the hype.

AlaskaSpeed
12-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
once again....YFZ,450R,CANNONDALE???? WHATS THE BIG DEAL WITH EVERYONE ARGUING ABOUT WHICH ONE PERFORMS THE BEST??? THEY ARE ALL 3 GREAT QUADS! i would rather have the 450r over the other two...that doesnt mean the other 2 suck, that just means i would rather own a honda...SO WHAT?? dayum, i hate when ppl talk chit about other quads that they have probably never ridden!!:mad:

I guess it's not enough that we have others trying to close our riding areas, shut down manufacturing of quads, etc....we have to argue amongst ourselves about which quad is better.....sheesh...........:o JIM

Sick0
12-06-2003, 12:17 PM
I personly think the yfz handles alittle wierd. Twitchy is how I would describe it and it push alot in the corners. Thats Probly my only complaint. if the fix this I don't think the couple a make abatter quad for me.

I loved my 400ex but power wasn't there.
the bets part is i've about 500 dollars on the this quad and as good as my 11 grand 400ex.

kenny
12-08-2003, 12:26 AM
will a 400 ex front end bolt on to a trx 450. too much money in my 4hundo it would be nice to get a new quad and put all of my goodies on it.i think honda geometry is the best.if your yamaha doesent feel good.who cares if its a little faster on the road.my 400 is slower than all of my friends bikes yet i am always leading the crew.on the big straights my friends usually show that they are faster lol.

wilkin250r
12-08-2003, 09:57 AM
well ya all YFZ people did to just face the fact that honda has made the best Quad for all most 20 years and Yamaha as been trying for a long time and has still not made the best Quad yet.

Well, the "best quad" is subject to interpretation. If hillclimbing is your thing, I don't think Honda has the "best quad". If you are looking to be King of the sand drags, I don't think Honda has your ticket.

markk
12-08-2003, 11:56 AM
your right honda spends they time and money on there woods racing with 4 wheelers and for there Bikes i believe they spend there time and money for both woods and motorcross.

cdalejef
12-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by markk
your right honda spends they time and money on there woods racing with 4 wheelers and for there Bikes i believe they spend there time and money for both woods and motorcross. What? :confused:

markk
12-08-2003, 12:58 PM
Jeff what where all the classes they ran at the Cottonmouth?

Did they run a utility class?

cdalejef
12-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Here is a list of the classes and races http://www.msws.org/fliers/0304ws/03front.pdf

Ryan
12-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What? :confused:

Ditto

:huh

KASCHAK
12-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Lol thats alot of reading.

i think what whoever said about the yfz being to tippzy turning. not tippy like the rapror. but a differnt type of tippy. I think its because to much weight is up front. the they made the motor sit back a half of an inch or an inch it would make the handing go up dramiticly. (sp) I can't spell today. and if they made the suspention not lower but made the the shock mounts a little bit higher it would lower the quad down just enough to make it seen to ride like a honda. yami has always put there engines waayyy up front. as to honda in back. i think this part of the key to handeling.