PDA

View Full Version : Making A D.g. Head Pipe...shoter..??

"BLAHH"300!!
02-14-2002, 12:02 PM
HEY..i got a d.g. complete on my bike...(i know take it off throw it away and buy a new one)...well here's my deal..when i walk my bike and come back too far it comes back on my grab bar.(kool) but my d.g. slip on draggs the ground also...it and my grab bar it the ground at the same time...i've already broke the brakett to hold it on once and had it rewelded but i'm thinking about this...cut about an inch or 2 off the head pipe so the d.g. slip on will slip further onto the head pipe making it shorter...if i bought a new pipe i'd get the whole system anyway so that part doesn't bother me...i'd have to do a little customizing on the braket to make it reach the bolt on my grab bar but this is kool too....
....i'm just wondering if cutting length off my head pipe if it would make any differance in the way my bike runs.....
this is prolly the worst idea known...but i hate it when i walk my bike on pavement or gravel and come back too far and the pipe draggs the ground and makes this dying cat sound like it's about to break off again......any suggestion ..(other than buy a new pipe...).i see nothing wrong with this d.g. other than whats above....