PDA

View Full Version : Broke Lower Control Arm Today

jrod
12-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Me and one of my friends went and took my 400EX out to the dunes today. I hit a jump and I broke the shock mount on the LCA. The LCA had a little rust where it broke.

My question is should I just replace the LCA or get it welded back? I also might not have my quad too much longer, since I might have to sell it.

JOEX
12-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Many sides to this situation. If you plan in selling it, be upfront with any prospective buyer about the situaion. Weather you reweld it or replace it.

Joe

K_Fulk
12-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Stock a-arms go pretty cheap on ebay anymore, or even in the sale forum on here. Last i checked they were around 60 new.
Same thing happend to my buddies stock a-arms before he got his houser long travels.

jrod
12-08-2003, 11:17 PM
No doubt. I'll let them know.

Anyways, I'm still not sure exactly what i'm doing to do. I've got plenty of time since winter has came around.

Do I have to get the ball-joints pressed back in? or will they just push down with the nut?

K_Fulk
12-08-2003, 11:37 PM
When you put it back in the nut will tighten it down.

Live2Ride300
12-09-2003, 07:55 PM
I broke one of those last summer, the mount smashed through the a-arm. I think I paid around 40.00 for a brand new a-arm from Honda tho. Here's your chance to get some aftermarket arms!:devil:

JOEX
12-09-2003, 09:12 PM
You might be able to get yours welded but if not, depending on the side, I might be able to part with mine.

Joe

jrod
12-10-2003, 10:27 AM
True, aftermarket arms would be great right now but I plan on selling it after I get it fixed. I need the money for college and I don't use it enough to keep paying for it.

JOEX, Just let me know when your ready to sell those arms. I'm interested. It will be a "Left, Lower A-Arm".

JOEX
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
My friend has a hole in the boot on one of his lower arms and i'm going to give him mine but I don't remember which side it is. When I find out i'll get back to you.

Joe