PDA

View Full Version : 250EX far reach to brake levers.....help

killrb
12-01-2003, 06:42 PM
my girlfriend has an '03 250 EX that she likes, except she says the reach to both brake levers on the bars is too far. does anyone make a set of levers that sit closer to the bars? how about some adjustment that i just don't see?

please let me know if you have solved this.

B

ReconRider25
12-01-2003, 07:08 PM
you could try bending the levers back a little? maybe theyd work better if they were rotated up or down a little?

12-02-2003, 06:47 AM
RTC levers will fix the problem. They're not cheap but great levers and it will help the girlfriend a lot.

4TraxRider
12-02-2003, 08:25 AM
This is what I used on my old TT-R for my girlfriend. You need a drill bit, and some screws. Right infront on the pivot bolt, drill a hole all the way through the perch out the other side. The put the screw into the hole and tighten it until it comes out the other side. When the lever is put back on, it will only rotate out until it hits the screw. Readjust all the cables. The screw is you r new adjustable lever stop. If this sounds confusing, look at you lever and you'll probably understand. Pm me if you need more directions, or I'll draw a pic and post it or somthing if you want.

ZSK
12-02-2003, 08:38 AM
I think what he is describing is a "dog leg lever" they start closer to the bars but have a full pull on the cable, there was an article in a recent 4 wheel atv action that had reletively the same fix. As per Sarge Mccoy's instructions.

killrb
12-02-2003, 02:17 PM
first i want to look up these RTC levers. i will search the magazines, but can anyone tell me right where i could go to look up prices? if they are too much money i will try drilling and putting stops in the factory perches. if the aftermarket levers arent too expensive, i have to factor in screwing up the stock levers by drilling them wrong and having to get new ones anyway! gotta always be prepared to be a dummy!

thanks