PDA

View Full Version : Need info on how to keep a EX in good shape

sLiTcH
12-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi, I am about to buy a new sport quad (used one). I am still not sure which one to get but the 400 ex is my number 1 pick right now. I have a couple of questions I thought you guys could answer.

1. Some people told me that the EX were pumping oil after a while, is there another way to stop this or do I have to change piston ?

2. How long can I keep on riding the EX because it is free air ? Some people told me I had to stop pretty often to let it cool.

I'll probably post other question I am not thinking about at the moment later but please guys answer those questions it would be very nice from you.

JOEX
12-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Sound like the people you're talking to don't own the 400ex.

I bought mine used (3 month old 2001) with out any major problems, the only things I can think of are a rear hub came loose and a tie rod nut came loose. I even ran the same plug I bought it with for over a year.

Joe

4Hundy2001
12-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Quote:

2. How long can I keep on riding the EX because it is free air ? Some people told me I had to stop pretty often to let it cool.

You don't have to worry about overheating the 400ex I have had mine for a year now. I live in Nebraska and it is very hot in the summer I haven't ever had a problem with them over heating. There is an oil cooling unit on the 400ex and that must work pretty good.

4TraxRider
12-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Buy one and run it forever. Change the oil and filter once in a while, and clean the air-filter once a week and you'll be fine for years.

Doibugu2
12-02-2003, 08:35 AM
grease your pivot bolt and change your oil.