PDA

View Full Version : AC Racing

ThyJuGGaLo
12-01-2003, 02:38 PM
i ordered an ac racing bumper off of Acracing.com on Nov. 22 and the order is still being processed, they haven't even sent it out yet, has anybody else have to wait this long to recieve something from them?

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 02:50 PM
I ordered mine from a dsitributor on ebay, their name escapes my feeble mind at the moment. I think the place is here in PA, I paid $65 for it. Where is ACracing located? I've found that anything I've ordered from out west, takes almost 2 weeks to get here. Since you ordered right from AC, they should've shipped it right away!

ThyJuGGaLo
12-01-2003, 02:52 PM
:( Anaheim

Doibugu2
12-01-2003, 03:07 PM
little word of advice, going through the distributor isn't always the best. That's why you should try buying locally.

Both C&D and Quadshop carries them.

dirtmomma
12-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
little word of advice, going through the distributor isn't always the best. That's why you should try buying locally.

Unless of course they sponsor you then you have to buy from them direct! They had fast shipping for us but then again we're on the west coast too.

Brad
12-01-2003, 03:37 PM
there one of my sponsers and it takes em like 2 weeks to ship all my parts for when they make em, they sell them for alot more then normal on the site, like sometimes 20-30 over, i order all my parts from like motoman when i dont get a sponsered discount also they dont stock many things in the wearhouse, they send em out to companys:blah: so if this doesnt teach you a lesson, try orderin nerfs for like 290$:eek2:

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2

You're right, usually takes longer when ordering through a distributor. They take your order, then call the company and order for you and drop ship to you.

But this guy didn't order through a distributor, he went right to the source-- AC Racing. Doesn't appear thats helped him out in this case.

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ThyJuGGaLo
:( Anaheim

The company I ordered from on ebay was ATVaddiction, they're in Orrstown, PA. They always have them on there, bidding usually starts at 59.95. I got mine for $65, plus tax since you're in PA. I think I got it within a week.

Their website is atvaddiction.com

hondarider2006
12-01-2003, 06:48 PM
ordered mine from magic racing...was here in 2 days:rolleyes:

Brad
12-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by js52589
after calling them and trying to get a new set of nerf nets... I will never deal directly with AC again :p
took em 6 months to ship my belly skid:p but i got it for free (plus shipping)

ThyJuGGaLo
12-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Brad
took em 6 months to ship my belly skid:p but i got it for free (plus shipping)

well hell, in that case i can wait 6 months. next 3 will be winter anyway

hondarider2006
12-01-2003, 09:06 PM
well hell, in that case i can wait 6 months. next 3 will be winter anyway

I take it not a lot of people on here ride in the winter? A lot of you guys are talking about rebuilding and stuff...or maybes its only the racers that are saying that?;)

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I take it not a lot of people on here ride in the winter? A lot of you guys are talking about rebuilding and stuff...or maybes its only the racers that are saying that?;)

Or in my case, wanna be racer! :p

I hate winter, hate snow... did I mention I hate winter? Best time to tear down the LT.

batgeek
12-02-2003, 12:15 AM
i ordered directly from AC and they got my stuff to me in 5 working days(ordered on a Thurs got em on a Thurs). the real bonus was that they screwed my order and i recieved 2 of each pieces that i ordered(2 stadium bumpers, 2 belly skids):D

RIDER11X
12-02-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006

Got to have some time to rebuild the equipment that is ridden hard frequently. :) Without winter, aftermarket companies would have a Christmas with no toys!:D I do my rebuilds and major service work over winter if possible, so I got lots of time to get it back together. I also get any spare parts I will need for the next season (Cables, grips, brake pads, sprockets, chain.........).

batgeek
12-02-2003, 02:48 AM
haha! if i wanted to ride in the winter i would have bought a snowmobile.

dirtmomma
12-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Heck our main racing season is in the winter, but after this one ends in Jan. I think we may tear the Blaster down for a major rebuild.......can you say MO POWER!!:devil: The boy is definetly gonna need more power next year if he's staying on that, I'd like to throw him on our 400!!! :eek:

LTandRaptorider
12-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Heck our main racing season is in the winter, but after this one ends in Jan. I think we may tear the Blaster down for a major rebuild.......can you say MO POWER!!:devil: The boy is definetly gonna need more power next year if he's staying on that, I'd like to throw him on our 400!!! :eek:

Don't forget your sway bar! ;)

Maybe I'll start ice racing...

dirtmomma
12-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Don't forget your sway bar! ;)

Maybe I'll start ice racing...
Yeah we may have to invest in one, heck the kids tires never come off the ground unless he's sailing thru the air:eek2: For some reason that blaster just stays PLANTED maybe it's cuz of the steel wheels my child HATES LMAO!!!! I know there's aguy on here that has one for sale cheap that he made may have to check that one out to start, this is my last season of racing so I won't need one, I'll still run a few scrambles for the fun of it....oh heck who knows we'll have to see LMAO!!!!:p
LIFE WITHOUT RACING IS NO LIFE AT ALL!!! thats what keeps coming into my head when I say I'm not.

LTandRaptorider
12-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Yeah we may have to invest in one, heck the kids tires never come off the ground unless he's sailing thru the air:eek2: For some reason that blaster just stays PLANTED maybe it's cuz of the steel wheels my child HATES LMAO!!!! I know there's aguy on here that has one for sale cheap that he made may have to check that one out to start, this is my last season of racing so I won't need one, I'll still run a few scrambles for the fun of it....oh heck who knows we'll have to see LMAO!!!!:p
LIFE WITHOUT RACING IS NO LIFE AT ALL!!! thats what keeps coming into my head when I say I'm not.

Waddya mean your last season of racing?! :eek2: Hey, if I can still get out there and amuse others, you can too! Besides, I'll miss seeing the pictues of you in your cute riding gear! ;)

LTandRaptorider
12-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Got to have some time to rebuild the equipment that is ridden hard frequently. :) Without winter, aftermarket companies would have a Christmas with no toys!:D I do my rebuilds and major service work over winter if possible, so I got lots of time to get it back together. I also get any spare parts I will need for the next season (Cables, grips, brake pads, sprockets, chain.........).

Don't forget a couple extra steering stems... ;)

dirtmomma
12-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Waddya mean your last season of racing?! :eek2: Hey, if I can still get out there and amuse others, you can too! Besides, I'll miss seeing the pictues of you in your cute riding gear! ;)

;) LMAO yeah I definetly amuse them I'm sure LOL!!!! I would just hate to be the cause of some big pile up because of my spinning out:eek2: everybody just needs to learn to go around me better :p W/O hitting me, the ol' 300 got a little damage @ the last race :( now I guess I have to get some new front plastic one of these days it's cracked up I got hit sooo hard fromt he frotn it popped off one of my big heavy vinyl sponsor stickers :rolleyes:

ThyJuGGaLo
12-05-2003, 09:47 PM
its been 13 days and it still says "Being Processed"... should i email them or something?

LTandRaptorider
12-05-2003, 09:52 PM
its been 13 days and it still says "Being Processed"... should i email them or something?

That's another way of saying they haven't done a damn thing yet about shipping the bumper to you. At the very least, e-mail them. Let me know if you need any help composing the message! :devil: I'd give them a call, voice your displeasure over the phone. I've found that a lot of places ignore e-mails... :grr:

LTandRaptorider
12-05-2003, 10:00 PM
;) LMAO yeah I definetly amuse them I'm sure LOL!!!! I would just hate to be the cause of some big pile up because of my spinning out:eek2: everybody just needs to learn to go around me better :p W/O hitting me, the ol' 300 got a little damage @ the last race :( now I guess I have to get some new front plastic one of these days it's cracked up I got hit sooo hard fromt he frotn it popped off one of my big heavy vinyl sponsor stickers :rolleyes:

Well, I meant the 'amuse' them part more for me, than you! I know it's all part of racing, but I think some guys don't exactly go out of their way to not hit you. The worst for me is doing a jump, and the guy beside me doesn't. I hold my breath, hoping he doesn't change his line! :eek: Have you checked ebay for plastic? And like I always preach, wear all the protective gear! I'm a slow learner, sometimes it takes an injury before I put something on. My first accident I wasn't wearing a helmet, wound up with head and chest trauma... still don't remember that day! Although I'm told I won by a nose... :devil: Then a couple of years ago I broke my leg after landing a jump badly, I was just wearing work boots. Don't know if riding boots would've helped, but I promptly bought a pair! Ahhh... when the head's dumb, the body can only follow...

dirtmomma
12-06-2003, 07:44 AM

Oh OK here ya go:o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p062700254d9574ace2774dbeebf7fec0/fa5eb603.jpg :blah:

Brad
12-06-2003, 08:08 AM

no, they make parts in waves, or theyl charge you more for making individuals, so just sit back and wait

LTandRaptorider
12-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Oh OK here ya go:o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p062700254d9574ace2774dbeebf7fec0/fa5eb603.jpg :blah:

Ooooo... me likee! You're now wallpaper on my computer screen! ;) Thanks!!

Still no bikini class? :confused:

If those 400ex's are in decent shape, offer them 3k for both of them. I always say, it never hurts to ask! :)

LTandRaptorider
12-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Brad
no, they make parts in waves, or theyl charge you more for making individuals, so just sit back and wait

Hmmm... you could go that route... I wouldn't. If they haven't finished a "wave" yet, them they should've told him when they ordered. I don't have time to wait, and I'm sick of companies sh*tty customer service. I'm tickled pink when I find someone that treats me good, and don't mind paying more for that. Moral of this story? Check for product availability from a distributor before ordering.

Customer service is an unknown term anymore... it's like the commercial where the guy calls the shop to see if his car will be done. The guy answers, " I have two of my best guys on it". And now cut to the picture of two fat guys sitting on the customers' car... :grr:

Call ATV Addiction, see if they have the bumper you need. If they do, call AC and tell them you snooze, you lose. Then order it from Atvaddiction. JMO, of course.

And yes, I get cranky after shoveling snow!

:blah:

dirtmomma
12-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Ooooo... me likee! You're now wallpaper on my computer screen! ;) Thanks!!

Still no bikini class? :confused:

If those 400ex's are in decent shape, offer them 3k for both of them. I always say, it never hurts to ask! :)

HAHAHA LMAO!!! Nope still no bikini class :o :D
Yep we probably should make an offer on both oh what the heck whats wrong w/ owning 9 quads & 2 6 wheelers:blah:

LTandRaptorider
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
HAHAHA LMAO!!! Nope still no bikini class :o :D
Yep we probably should make an offer on both oh what the heck whats wrong w/ owning 9 quads & 2 6 wheelers:blah:

Well, when they do start a bikini class, pm me for my e-mail address! I want those pics ASAP!! :D :D

Yeah, I think $3,000 for 2 400ex's would be a good deal, unless they're trashed. I think you'd look REALLY good on a 2001 Raptor... and I just happen to know where you can get one! ;) I was working on her today... shining her up, cleaning the air filter and giving the quad what will likely be the last oil change by me. I actually was pleasantly surprised with how it performed at the flat track race last summer. If I didn't like the LT so much better, and it needing more money this winter, I'd hang on to the Raptor. I cobbled some shocks from a 300ex on the front, the toe was screwed up on one wheel, I hadn't raced flat track in a couple of years, and still finished fourth. I wasn't too happy right after the race, but everything considered, wasn't too bad. If I had more than half a brain and used my head earlier, I would've placed third. Oh well, enough about me... Did you race this weekend? I was going to watch a harescramble today, but haven't been feeling too good the last couple of days. I'm sure it was interesting, since we got about 10 inches of snow Friday night!

Well... time to grab another tumbler of Jack... light the fireplace, and watch some football. Take care, talk to ya later. ;)

dirtmomma
12-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Hehehe yeah I'll let ya know;) As a matter of fact I did race last night!! Did alot better this time, I was more relaxed,got a sway bar on & the lowering it REALLY helped!!! I got 3rd in my heat & 1st in the "B" main,so I forfeited the trophy & stepped up to the "A" main & got 5th. Not too bad considering I got tangled up w/ some gal that spun out:huh it must of rubbed off :eek: anyway it was fun & I feel much better today since I didn't let myself get sooooo stressed out!!!
Well hope ya feel better, drink some more!!!!:devil: :D TTYL

adema
12-07-2003, 06:11 PM
i ordered an ac racing bumper off of Acracing.com on Nov. 22 and the order is still being processed, they haven't even sent it out yet, has anybody else have to wait this long to recieve something from them?

hey ill give u a guys screen name that sells all kind of atv parts and dont tell him i gave u his screen name its woodwardsatv or u can go to woodwardspecialties.com u choose.,

LTandRaptorider
12-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Hehehe yeah I'll let ya know;) As a matter of fact I did race last night!! Did alot better this time, I was more relaxed,got a sway bar on & the lowering it REALLY helped!!! I got 3rd in my heat & 1st in the "B" main,so I forfeited the trophy & stepped up to the "A" main & got 5th. Not too bad considering I got tangled up w/ some gal that spun out:huh it must of rubbed off :eek: anyway it was fun & I feel much better today since I didn't let myself get sooooo stressed out!!!
Well hope ya feel better, drink some more!!!!:devil: :D TTYL

Hey, way to go!! Congrats, see, I told ya it was just an 'off' night!;)

And I took your advice and drank a little more... :p

Next week I'll start tearing the LT down and see what's up with the tranny... and decide what to do about the frame... :(

dirtmomma
12-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by adema
hey ill give u a guys screen name that sells all kind of atv parts and dont tell him i gave u his screen name its woodwardsatv or u can go to woodwardspecialties.com u choose.,

I don't think this is a "top secret" site LOL I bought some mudd caps & a carrier from thuis guy & he's a nice guy & has good prices & shipping!!!!!

Thanks LT glad to hear you drank some more LOL. Man the gal that rides the lt250 in my class sure is having a hella time w/ hers. She has cacked her motor every week in her 250 class:eek: she was riding a warrior this weekend :huh you could tell she does NOT ride a 4 stroke, she even said to me I have never rode a thumper it doesn't look like she liked it either LOL I guess they just have hers tuned to the point of breakage, she's fast but not too good on points when you have to borrow a quad that you've never rode. anyway hopefully she gets it fixed again I think she's getting a little irritated w/ it!!
TTYL<Kym

LTandRaptorider
12-08-2003, 10:27 AM

Thanks LT glad to hear you drank some more LOL. Man the gal that rides the lt250 in my class sure is having a hella time w/ hers. She has cacked her motor every week in her 250 class:eek: she was riding a warrior this weekend :huh you could tell she does NOT ride a 4 stroke, she even said to me I have never rode a thumper it doesn't look like she liked it either LOL I guess they just have hers tuned to the point of breakage, she's fast but not too good on points when you have to borrow a quad that you've never rode. anyway hopefully she gets it fixed again I think she's getting a little irritated w/ it!!
TTYL<Kym [/B]

Yes, it is a big difference being used to a 2-stoke then hopping on a 4-stroke. I do think 4-strokes are less tiring to ride. My LT ran good all summer, then a couple of months ago at the end of a trail ride, someone noticed a crack in the frame. I had some gusseting welded on, the crack occured right in front of a gusset. I'm thinking the guy used a little too much heat. Then about a month ago, on another trail ride, the LT all of a sudden wouldn't shift above second gear. I think I know the problem, time for the teardown anyway. I'm more concerned about the frame. I managed to locate a new OEM frame, for $1200. I didn't want to have to spend that much on it right now. Ah well... maybe if I sell the Raptor...

Will you be sneaking in to that woman's garage to make sure her LT doesn't run??!! :devil:

Good luck this weekend! :D

ThyJuGGaLo
12-08-2003, 08:19 PM
well i emailed them, maybe it will help

LTandRaptorider
12-09-2003, 06:14 AM
Oh yeah, back to the topic of this thread... :p

It's very frustrating ordering stuff. Every time I try to save a buck, I usually regret it. My advice... again... stay with distributors that you've had good luck with, even if they charge a little more. I know places get busy, and the reality is, someone ordering one $70 bumper isn't as important as dealers or race teams ordering big dollars. I had trouble with LRD for a while when I sent my cylinder to them for work, and ordered their adjustable pipe. I sent e-mails for over a month, with no response. They didn't even tell me if they received my cylinder. So I fired off an e-mail that voiced how I really felt. The gist of it was, I was spending over $1500 on them, I deserved better treatment than I was receiving. Boom! I got an immediate response from Jason that wokrs there, and it's been all good since then. I've even e-mailed him months after receiving all my stuff, with tech questions. He's promptly responded. I liked their work, he explained why service wasn't so good for awhile and made the effort to fix it. So guess what? Even though they were a little more expensive than other shops, I'll be back. Moral of the story? Even though I'm one customer, they took care of me and here I am bragging about them on a forum viewed by many... ;) More companies need to take note of this. Even though you are one customer, I won't be ordering from AC Racing. And I spend a lot of money every year on my quad... :eek:

ThyJuGGaLo
12-11-2003, 07:19 PM
they returned my email:

The bumper is waiting to get welded. It should be ready to ship in 1-2 weeks.

Christopher Meade

ThyJuGGaLo
12-11-2003, 08:07 PM
i took your advice and ordered some nerfs from ATV Addiction i'll reply when those show up compared to the bumper

foxracingpredat
12-11-2003, 08:11 PM
ac racing is really slowwwww!!!! i ordered a bumper in may and it still is on backorder...is also took 4 months for nerf bars and 4 months for a rear skid plate! i have been pretty pissed with them

ThyJuGGaLo
12-19-2003, 07:18 PM
well the nerfs showed up today, they sent them out yesterday

AC also sent my bumper yesterday!

LTandRaptorider
12-19-2003, 08:44 PM
well the nerfs showed up today, they sent them out yesterday

AC also sent my bumper yesterday!

Good deal! ;)

I thought I might have to forward you one of my 'special e-mails guaranteed to get a response' to send to AC! I can make whole sentences outta the 'F' word... :eek2:

Wonder if I should add that skill to my resume... :confused:

ThyJuGGaLo
12-20-2003, 08:10 AM
lol i think i wanna read it anyways

depends on what your writing the resume for, some jobs i bet that skill will make ya famous

ThyJuGGaLo
12-25-2003, 09:59 PM
guess what the UPS guy brought my for xmas? well christmas eve

thats right he brought my bumper :) this think looks so awesome, if my quad was together i'd put it on

LTandRaptorider
12-26-2003, 01:13 PM
guess what the UPS guy brought my for xmas? well christmas eve

thats right he brought my bumper :) this think looks so awesome, if my quad was together i'd put it on

Glad to hear it, Merry Christmas!! :D

I like my AC bumper, I'll see how it holds up to abuse next year. Since rider11x is always behind me, I never got to smack in to anyone with it yet... :devil:

I hear he does love the smell of my race gas... some of it is from the chili... :blah: