PDA

View Full Version : Need A Liiiitle Bit Of Help Guys!

FourFiftyFour
12-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Hey guys... Im supposed to be writing a five page research paper for my English Composition 1301 class....my subject is about graphics in the racing world (Im going to college to be a graphics designer) eventually one day I want to start a graphics company for racers... but if anyone knows of any certain website or any info on certain businesses or anything... please let me know! Thanks in advance! :)

biohazard1.2
12-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Try: Skin Industries; Troy Lee Designs; Alba; K & K... just a few that are offering graphic kits...you may get to speak with someone in thier ad/merchandising dept.

There is a demographic for graphic kits yielding other accesories sales...and, a demographic for graphic kit sales by themselves.

Graphic kits used to be just for advertising and pros...now, about anyone with $150 and a cleanly shaved quad can look pro, no matter how slow...haha.

Not sure if they will share a business plan w/you on the graphics biz or not. I do know that the ones utilizing CAD based on the quads stock plastics are doing the best....obviously.

take care and good luck, artist.

wilkin250r
12-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by biohazard1.2
Try: Skin Industries; Troy Lee Designs; Alba; K & K... just a few that are offering graphic kits...you may get to speak with someone in thier ad/merchandising dept.

There is a demographic for graphic kits yielding other accesories sales...and, a demographic for graphic kit sales by themselves.

Graphic kits used to be just for advertising and pros...now, about anyone with $150 and a cleanly shaved quad can look pro, no matter how slow...haha.

Not sure if they will share a business plan w/you on the graphics biz or not. I do know that the ones utilizing CAD based on the quads stock plastics are doing the best....obviously.

I would think that advertising graphics, ads, and logos are a much bigger aspect of the industry than actual graphics kits for your fenders.

I'd suggest doing a little research on advertising strategies. Focus on things like Brand Name Recognition (which can be centered around a logo or graphic), you can focus on action shots depicted in ads, things like that. There are lots of different advertising strategies, you can focus on how to use graphics to achieve them. However, first you need to know what those advertising strategies ARE.

4wheelboy
12-01-2003, 01:50 PM
pm monkeyboy:p:blah:

Bad Habit
12-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I would think that advertising graphics, ads, and logos are a much bigger aspect of the industry than actual graphics kits for your fenders.

I'd suggest doing a little research on advertising strategies. Focus on things like Brand Name Recognition (which can be centered around a logo or graphic), you can focus on action shots depicted in ads, things like that. There are lots of different advertising strategies, you can focus on how to use graphics to achieve them. However, first you need to know what those advertising strategies ARE.

Wow, this response coming from an engineer????????? You must have been required to take a marketing class or two.:blah: