PDA

View Full Version : Sat. night race results

dirtmomma
12-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Well we had our 3rd of 8 races Sat. night, my son did AWESOme once again I think I'm ready to quit to focus on him he's doing soooo good!!! Hubby said I can't quit though not after the work & $$ he's put into mine LOL thats funny cuz he really didn't want me out there at first!!
Anyway DJ got 1st in his youth blaster class in both heat & main, then in the adult blaster he got 1st & 3rd I think I need to go watch the video, to make sure on that, all I know is that he beat the oldest blaster rider out there, they usually dice it up but DJ got him this time:devil: :D It was some damn good racing I even had kids & adults coming up to me & saying "man your son sure is doing good this year" :D makes me a happy Mom!!
Now for me :grr: :confused: I didn't have a good night just didnt' feel in my element & ahd some serious shoulder pain going on. I know excuses excuses LOL but in my heat I got 3rd, musta been sleeping on the start, got tangled w/ a couple on the 1st turn but held on for dear life, I WAS NOT coming off my bike no matter what LOL I had er' up on 2 wheels & about landed inthe lap of another rider hehee. so anyway I only made it to the "B" main, & got 3rd there too:blah: but I think I just syked myself out & was stressing out for some reason, YES I spun out again:mad: :mad: :mad: I heard that someone tagged me from the back this time though but STILL I THINK I NEED SOME RIDING LESSONS!!!!! I'm doing a different setup this next weekend, I'm gonna borrow my bro's sway bar, put some Razr 2's on the back, taking my inside rear wheel spacer off, & try to adjust my front end a little. It's running great but for some reason (I think it's adrenaline) everytime on my practices & heats I do good but onthe main it's like I choke on the last lap anyone have any suggestions??? RELAX RELAX RELAX right? Easier said than done maybe I should take up meditation LOL
sooooo they were supposed to have the points posted but didn't I'm very excited to see how the boy is doing on there I think he's gonna podium this year but we'll just have to see. Only 1 pic this time but haven't scanned it yet, my hubby did buy a pretty cool pic of me it's an 8x10 but it's too big for my scanner:(

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Congrats on your son getting first! :D

Don't worry about your night, we all have 'off' days. At least you don't give up, that's all you can ask! I've only run Razrs at one flat track, last summer. I was happy with them, but it was a couple of years since I raced flat track, so I can't remember how I liked the Tamers for comparison. Do you run a couple more psi in the right tires? As for your last lap problems, do you think it's mental, or are you getting tired? I get worn out at harescrambles and arenacross by the last couple of laps, and don't finish so well. (age isn't helping me!) That's one of the things I like about flat track, other than the speed, I don't get tired! I can give it all I've got to the end. that's how I passed a Raptor on the finish straight last summer. I go full speed ahead until I pass the checker flag. I couldn't believe how quickly I was gaining on the Raptor I chased all race, then flew past him! The only thing I could figure is he must not have known I was back there, and let up in anticipation of the finish. So my only advice is full out until you pass the flag! Quadjunkies mentioned she does a lot of checking riders behind her; do you do that? I never do, because you inadvertantly slow down to look behind you. I just use my ears, if I can hear someone, then it's time to pour on the coal! Only think about your last race to figure out what you may have done wrong, and how you can change it. Otherwise, eyes forward woman! ;)
it's a whole new game. Maybe the turkey was weighing you down! Good luck to you and your son on the next race! And of course, hurry up with those pictures! I guess they don't have a class yet for women racing in bikinis?? :devil:

dirtmomma
12-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks LT:D yeah I watched the video today & I think it's mainly my nerves & wanting to win:rolleyes: sooooo this weekend at the next one I'm just gonna go out there & try to have FUN!!!! The deal w/ the razr's is I don't know if I really want to run a 22" tire & don't have another sprocket handy to see how it is :( but I'm thinkin maybe if I just leave my tires for now & TRY TO RELAX as my brother & brother in law are telling me. I'm just a bundle of nerves & then it didn't help cuz there was a bad wreck in the 1st of my heats so we had to sit onthe start/finish line & watch them take her out on a stretcher & I could just feel my guts knotting up! Maybe I'll take some downers before my next race LOL It'll be all good I'm sure, just a bad night I know. So I'll quite my whining now & buck up camper!!!!! :blah: As for the looking back HELL NOW "LOOK BACK FOR A 2ND & THATS WHERE YOU'LL FINISH!!:eek: I just listen & I really don't do that either, I really try to run my own race & unfortunetly if there's someone trying to get around me I usually hit the gas too. I think I might have to get some laps in w/ someone behind me & beside me "pushing" me to get over the "choking" factor. Thanks again for the reply:cool: TTYL, Kym

Ryan
12-01-2003, 09:48 PM
3rds still better then last :cool: . Congrats.

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Kym, I think your alot like me. Im VERY hard on myself when I rdie, in fact. Troy says in TOO hard...... I always push myself to try and be better and dont pat myself enough when I do good. I know Im a bag of nerves when I raced too, in fast. I thought I might pass out a few times and felt like I was going to puke, I cant eat or anything until its all over with. If you said your Track conditions are alot like ours, then I would DEF stick with those Tamers. What PSI are you runnin? Maybe you have too much and are over spinnin in the corners? are you runnin a sway right now? whats your front shock set up? I saw the Razors run here and I actually used them on my 300ex out ther last winter and I hated them. Just play around with your PSI abit and your shocks. I had to go down to a 3PSI on my rears:eek2: in one and 4 in the other cause I had that feeling too when it was groovin, but when they watered the track, I really should have put a little more in. its all about just getting used to the fell and getting in sync and becoming one with your ride grasshoppa......:D you are doing AWESOME and I have ALL the faith in you that you are gonna get a podium here soon.:macho Congrats on your Son... :cool:

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:25 AM
Quadjunkies mentioned she does a lot of checking riders behind her; do you do that? I never do, because you inadvertantly slow down to look behind you. I just use my ears, if I can hear someone, then it's time to pour on the coal! Only think about your last race to figure out what you may have done wrong, and how you can change it. Otherwise, eyes forward woman

That is one HORRIBLE habit I have found myself do in the past........ but I didnt do it this last race..... and it paid off.......:D YES!! It DEF slows you down. My Chest protector keeps me from doing that now since its in the way of my helmet so no more lookies for me.................lol......:p

dirtmomma
12-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Kym, I think your alot like me. Im VERY hard on myself when I rdie, in fact. Troy says in TOO hard...... I always push myself to try and be better and dont pat myself enough when I do good. I know Im a bag of nerves when I raced too, in fast. I thought I might pass out a few times and felt like I was going to puke, I cant eat or anything until its all over with. If you said your Track conditions are alot like ours, then I would DEF stick with those Tamers. What PSI are you runnin? Maybe you have too much and are over spinnin in the corners? are you runnin a sway right now? whats your front shock set up? I saw the Razors run here and I actually used them on my 300ex out ther last winter and I hated them. Just play around with your PSI abit and your shocks. I had to go down to a 3PSI on my rears:eek2: in one and 4 in the other cause I had that feeling too when it was groovin, but when they watered the track, I really should have put a little more in. its all about just getting used to the fell and getting in sync and becoming one with your ride grasshoppa......:D you are doing AWESOME and I have ALL the faith in you that you are gonna get a podium here soon.:macho Congrats on your Son... :cool:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tina.....YES Iam WAY too hard on myself!! Well ya know I'm a badd dogg on the PSI, I haven't even really messed w/ that yet, my inside rear is lower than might outsides but I never check the psi I do it all by ear/eye. NO I don't run a sway bar, I was gonnna use my brother in laws but he thinks it won't make that big of difference but I can try it if I want. Do you think that may help keep the arse end from coming around when I come out of the turn?? NOW as for the shocks, when we were practicing a few weeks ago we adjusted my outside on stiff(I think) anyway however we do it on the blaster is what Ron did on mine & it pushed real bad coming out of the turns & didn't seem to want to turn:confused: :confused: :huh I don't know if it would do this because my a arms are so wide w/ my stock shocks or maybe we didnt' click them up enough??????? He only went 1 click & I din't like it. I really wish I had a track to test on WITHOUT paying friggin' $25-$30 :grr: but guess I may have to spend the $$ this week if I wanna get it set up right. I don't think I will run the razr's just cuz they are sooooo BIG 22":eek2: don't think thats gonna help me, just slow me down. Anyway I'll let ya know how it goes, DO YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE W/ THE SWAY BAR????? I was told it's mainly if you hit like a bump in the track it keeps your tires on the ground??? If thats all it does don't know if I need it. AAAAHHHHH IM SO CONFUSED LMAO!!!!;)

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Thanks for the vote of confidence Tina.....YES Iam WAY too hard on myself!! Well ya know I'm a badd dogg on the PSI, I haven't even really messed w/ that yet, my inside rear is lower than might outsides but I never check the psi I do it all by ear/eye. NO I don't run a sway bar, I was gonnna use my brother in laws but he thinks it won't make that big of difference but I can try it if I want. Do you think that may help keep the arse end from coming around when I come out of the turn?? NOW as for the shocks, when we were practicing a few weeks ago we adjusted my outside on stiff(I think) anyway however we do it on the blaster is what Ron did on mine & it pushed real bad coming out of the turns & didn't seem to want to turn:confused: :confused: :huh I don't know if it would do this because my a arms are so wide w/ my stock shocks or maybe we didnt' click them up enough??????? He only went 1 click & I din't like it. I really wish I had a track to test on WITHOUT paying friggin' $25-$30 :grr: but guess I may have to spend the $$ this week if I wanna get it set up right. I don't think I will run the razr's just cuz they are sooooo BIG 22":eek2: don't think thats gonna help me, just slow me down. Anyway I'll let ya know how it goes, DO YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE W/ THE SWAY BAR????? I was told it's mainly if you hit like a bump in the track it keeps your tires on the ground??? If thats all it does don't know if I need it. AAAAHHHHH IM SO CONFUSED LMAO!!!!;) The Sway is soooooooooo much better!! trust me, that is one of the best investments you will put on your ride..;) I stay more planted of the starline, corners ect..... Do you find yourself having your left rear tire wanting to lift at all? If so.. get a sway soon! And make sure you offset one shock just like you do for the PSI in your tires. The nights you have been sliding alot, whats the track conditions like? We have a gal on a rappy that has had a tough time with that too. I dont think she is as maticulous about tire pressure as we are though. I could tell right away I was a pound off and needed to drop and then needed to add for the Main, but I never done it I know to do it next time .... Do you have a lowering kit on rear? I saw one guy atthe track who was lower but his front and rear was um... how can I explain this...... stragiht up and down?:confused: he had no give in the corners . I personally like my rear lowered more than my front, my front is 4 inches lower than before just becuase of my tire size, I think I corner better with my front end being just a tad higer than my rear....... I hope this is making some sense.:p But we do had Dif rides. but maybe some of this will help you out..........;) I hope I helped some.......

dirtmomma
12-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Thnks Tina!! LOL YEAH I understand what your tryin to say :) Well ya know actually I don't have my lowering kit on the rear right now but it's going on here before this weekend, right now the way it sits is pretty much lower in the front, I think this could be some of my problem, I need more "leverage" on the rear. I don't really feel my inside tire coming up but when I watch the video's I see it coming up, not liking that. I think I'll just have to lower the rear, do my shocks, & take my inside rear spacer off & run it like a sprint car, that seemed to work the one time when I first got it & got the A arms done at a flattrack I had some Hoosiers all the way around but they woudn't work on the track I'm running now. It was slicker than snot the other night, even the pits were slick, hell I got stuck in the pits where it was deep mudd LMAO :o thought I was gonna have to get off & push it out!! so then of course on got to go on the track with nice muddy tires:grr: OK well I'll quit yackin' now LOL

LTandRaptorider
12-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

[ I personally like my rear lowered more than my front, I hope I helped some....... [/B]

Oh, you made perfect sense, and you definitely helped! ;) I REALLY enjoyed reading that!! :devil: :devil: Ok, I'll try not to be a pig for a while...

Here's the setup I had on my Raptor... I backed off the preload completely on the rear shock, and flipped the linkage to get the lowest height. I then borrowed shocks off a friend from a 300ex for the front. I was running Razrs on the rear, crappy Maxxis Front Pros on the front. Oh yeah, I added a Pro Design kill switch at the last minute! Since I just dumped about 4k into the LT, I didn't have any left over for the Raptor! I must say, even with that minimal setup, I thought the Raptor did well. I was mad because instead of the usual heat race and main, since they were running so far behind as usual, they just ran a main. I started doing better and using my head picking better lines on the last 2 laps. I saw my chance on the second lap and passed between a Predator and Raptor, only to have them pass me in the next corner because of a bad choice. I can't wait to try it again next year with my LT, which I've always felt much more comfortable on. I didn't use it last year because I just got the engine back from LRD, and didn't get to break it in. Plus the last time I raced the LT on flat track, I siezed it! Oh well, I've rambled on enough... chalk it up to the three tumblers of Gentleman Jack... Go gettem next time Kym, can't wait to hear how you do! ;) And Tina, WEAR THAT CHEST PROTECTOR! :)

QuadJunkies
12-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Oh, you made perfect sense, and you definitely helped! ;) I REALLY enjoyed reading that!! :devil: :devil: Ok, I'll try not to be a pig for a while...

Here's the setup I had on my Raptor... I backed off the preload completely on the rear shock, and flipped the linkage to get the lowest height. I then borrowed shocks off a friend from a 300ex for the front. I was running Razrs on the rear, crappy Maxxis Front Pros on the front. Oh yeah, I added a Pro Design kill switch at the last minute! Since I just dumped about 4k into the LT, I didn't have any left over for the Raptor! I must say, even with that minimal setup, I thought the Raptor did well. I was mad because instead of the usual heat race and main, since they were running so far behind as usual, they just ran a main. I started doing better and using my head picking better lines on the last 2 laps. I saw my chance on the second lap and passed between a Predator and Raptor, only to have them pass me in the next corner because of a bad choice. I can't wait to try it again next year with my LT, which I've always felt much more comfortable on. I didn't use it last year because I just got the engine back from LRD, and didn't get to break it in. Plus the last time I raced the LT on flat track, I siezed it! Oh well, I've rambled on enough... chalk it up to the three tumblers of Gentleman Jack... Go gettem next time Kym, can't wait to hear how you do! ;) And Tina, WEAR THAT CHEST PROTECTOR! :)

And Tina, WEAR THAT CHEST PROTECTOR I promise.

;) Kym, I think you will find those all will help you race better next wk end.;) itf its that slick, drop that tire pressure a little and I think you will feel a difference(if you run beadlocks that is)

dirtmomma
12-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys this is wht I needed everytime I read it I feel better!! NO I dont' run beadlocks:( wish I did. I've always ran all my tires low on my quads(Kodiaks are about flat) this is the 1st time I've actually ran them this full I think. sooo thats what I'm doin today doing the changeover. LT, there's a couple LT's out at our track that just scream!! I'm almost thinkin they are 500's though:eek:

LTandRaptorider
12-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Thanks guys this is wht I needed everytime I read it I feel better!! NO I dont' run beadlocks:( wish I did. I've always ran all my tires low on my quads(Kodiaks are about flat) this is the 1st time I've actually ran them this full I think. sooo thats what I'm doin today doing the changeover. LT, there's a couple LT's out at our track that just scream!! I'm almost thinkin they are 500's though:eek:

Yeah, i've been asked that question about whether mine is a 500 after the work LRD did! It sounds mean, and runs great. Now if hte rider can only catch up... :o

I've noticed my post count really goes up when I have a few drinks... :p Ah well... it gives the wife some peace...