PDA

View Full Version : Inclosed trailers

Narly R
11-30-2003, 09:04 PM
I was woundering why the snowmobile trailers are so much cheaper? And I am going to get a new trailer or new-used, looking to spend 5-5700. i found a 24' for like 5400 (atv trailer). I noticed that the nowmobile trailers sit higer. But I want an ATV trailer. Just woundering if anyone had any suggestions. I need a cheap one, so wont be too worried about brand or what not, but just throw stuff at me if u have anything to say about them.

khen
11-30-2003, 09:31 PM
If I were in the market I would buy one that has the wheels under the trailer so you have a flat floor without the fenders getting in the way. I would also get the v-nosed drive through type it will give better fuel economy while towing and it also makes for easy loading and unloading.

The hatch doors in the snowmobile trailers that allow you to pass through a gas hose(to fuel your atv) is kind of neat too.

khen
11-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Oh yea.. when I was looking the Pace trailers were the best value and were pretty well built. I ended out building my own 22' trailer for about $1500 but if I had to do it over I probably would just buy one.

Narly R
11-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Ohh ok thanks a lot for the info man!:) I am going to try and look at the differance in the 2. I see what you mean though. My dad wanted to make one for a while, but it woulnt be as nice, and just be too hard I think. Got any pics of the fineshed product?

khen
11-30-2003, 10:03 PM
The only pictures I have look like garbage.. The sun was really intense so you can hardly see the trailer through the glare. I need to take some more pictures of it.

I still need to do some finish work on it, I want to put a polished aluminum diamond plate rock shield and custom fender skirts. I'm also putting in a AC/Heater, fold down bunks, a small kitchen and bathroom as well as a TV/DVD player.

Narly R
11-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok. Sounds nice! Did you go from the ground up, or find a box to put on a trailer? We are going to put bunks, and prolly have a heater in it. Do a little modifying. Let me know if ya get pics of it.

khen
11-30-2003, 11:03 PM
I pretty much built it from the ground up. I bought a stripped down camper trailer base frame with the axles/wheels attached, built it up to a flat bed trailer and then built a steel framed box around it and skinned it with corrugated steel. The roof is 3/4" ply with a rubber coating.