PDA

View Full Version : Grooved Radials or Holeshot MX?

EXrider03
11-30-2003, 08:53 PM
I have a 400ex and I race MX and I am looking for new front tires. I was leaning towards Holeshot MX but I rode a quad with Grooved Radials and from what I could see they perform awesome! I have never rode a quad with Holeshot MX! I have 18' Turf Tamers on the back. If you prefer Grooved Radials, where can I find them at? I want wheels and all. I want a good deal.

redroost85
11-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Can't help you out with the grooved ones, but I race mx and got the tamers in the rear and the Holeshots up front and am very happy with them. This combination works best in drier conditions, but I pretty much run the same setup all the time. Let me know if you really think the grooved radials work best, I am still not convinced yet. Good luck to ya man! :)

EXrider03
11-30-2003, 09:39 PM
ok man. if anyone knows anything on the radials, also try and tell me which wear the slowest.

Pvt. Maggot
11-30-2003, 09:49 PM
i have radials up front...love them...there great for alot of things...i was even suprised in mud...mine actually gripped...but my brother just bought holeshot mx's so once i ride his i'll be able to tell the difference...i bet there about the same in preformance...but i think holeshots wear alot faster...cuz radials don't wear alot....

Diedrich
11-30-2003, 09:56 PM
grooved radials are awesome..they are probably the best mx tire..they wear really slow cause they are car tires..c&d racing sells them..my local shop has them..i got 2 of em for $75

JOEX
11-30-2003, 10:11 PM
I have been wondering about these...

So they are car tires? What do I look for in size and type? How are they measuerd as compared to ATV wheels?

I'll leave grooving for another thread:p

Joe

4wheelboy
12-01-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I have been wondering about these...

So they are car tires? What do I look for in size and type? How are they measuerd as compared to ATV wheels?

I'll leave grooving for another thread:p

Joe

minicooper tires:p

gimp419
12-01-2003, 09:47 AM
I ran the radials for years and just switched last year. The radials are good tires but they are very hard. They don't give as much on the track as the holeshots do. Also they ball up and are almost useless in the mud. Radials will last twice as long as the holeshots but just don't have the same overall performance. I absolutely love my holeshot mx's they steer just as well as the radials but weigh less and ride much better. Oh and they are cheaper too! Unless you go by the fact that you'll run through two sets of holeshots to one set of radials.

slosh13
12-01-2003, 10:02 AM
kenda klaw mx and turf tamers- medium pack
kenda klaw mx tires front and rear- all around awesome tire
radials and turf tamers - hard pack

I am going to be running any one of these three combos this up and coming year. But either one you pick will fit your needs. If you noticed i didn t put Holeshots up there b/c in my personal opinion. I do not like them. They wear WAY TOO FAST and they get real expensive if you race a lot. Hope this helps.:)

12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
ITP & Radials are 80's technology...:D

Kenda's all the way..:devil:

atl855
12-01-2003, 10:44 AM
i hace a set oh holeshot mx i will sell you for $90 shipped if interested pm me

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-01-2003, 10:59 AM
the radials are pretty useless when you get in anything besides hardpacked dirt. the holeshots are nice but wear way too fast for my tastes. the klaws....i haven't found anything bad about them yet. i can tell they are going to last waaaay longer the the holeshots and they hook up great in a variety of conditions.

dirtmomma
12-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
the radials are pretty useless when you get in anything besides hardpacked dirt. the holeshots are nice but wear way too fast for my tastes.

YEP we run holeshots on our blaster which we just put on this summer & they are already just about wore out, I run grooved radials on my 300 & LOVE them for cornering & steering but NO WAY in the mudd, I can't even steer then:rolleyes: Glad I kept my stockers on wheels for when I go trail riding!!

I tried & tried to get some Kenda Klaw mx from C&D but they never got them in stock before my season started:( but I've heard good thngs about them too!! Maybe next time they'll have them in stock.

Diedrich
12-01-2003, 09:45 PM
yeah they are car tires..mine are 19" tall and about 6.5" wide...i dont know how to read car tire sizes..i think they work good for the track and on the road..they will last alot longer than holeshot mx's and i got mine cheaper

pnut420
12-01-2003, 09:57 PM
I love Holeshots tires they are light and flexible, but after doing a few laps on a TT track on my brothers quad that was stock suspension they were pretty much worn on one side bad. Their is no doubt the Holeshots wear quick. I just ordered Kenda Klaw's for the front and cant wait to try them out, I was going to get Razr's but the Kenda's looked like a better overall tire, the Razr's look like they would would be one of the best handling tires though...

JOEX
12-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Diedrich
yeah they are car tires..mine are 19" tall and about 6.5" wide...i dont know how to read car tire sizes..i think they work good for the track and on the road..they will last alot longer than holeshot mx's and i got mine cheaper
What are the numberson the side wall? It should read something like P175/70-R14. The numbers will vary of course but they should be there.

Joe

liltazz
12-02-2003, 09:51 PM
the radial tire size is 145 R10. most of them are marshal or kumo tires.