PDA

View Full Version : rc car

red
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Thinkin about gettin into the nitro cars and was wondering if anybody has them and what the best would be to start with that doesnt cost too much.

CHAUNCY
11-30-2003, 08:42 PM
I had an rc10gt team edition for awhile. It was a pretty nice car, had plenty of power for what I did, and was pretty durable. They can be a pain to tune sometimes though, atleast for me. I sold it about 5 months ago for around 275 without a remote and reciever. You can probably find one cheaper now. Here is a pic of it before I sold it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/pc94a4f4fa1bfeb55a6615f711b859e63/faedad4d.jpg

11-30-2003, 08:44 PM
imo buggys are da best cuz you can still go fast on the road with them, and still go in some grass with out getting stuck

Sportrax10
11-30-2003, 08:47 PM
I have a T-maxx, its broke.:mad:

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-01-2003, 12:15 AM
to sum it up...they suck. biggest money pit ever. if you intend to take it off road be prepared to drain your wallet at the same time. mine broke every single time i took it out to the track in hopes of having fun. all my friends shared the same results. i want that portion of my life back.

cudaman
12-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
to sum it up...they suck. biggest money pit ever. if you intend to take it off road be prepared to drain your wallet at the same time. mine broke every single time i took it out to the track in hopes of having fun. all my friends shared the same results. i want that portion of my life back.

well some of this is rue. they dont suck. but yes they are money pits. there are a helluva lot of fun when your using them. after a while of playin with a normal one. look into getting an 1/8th scale buggy. they are SUPER fast, and SUPER durable. there a lil more money but well worth it. jsut dont start out with one though. i would recommend a rc10gt. there pretty sick. i have had three diff ones in my life. or the new monster gt looks sick too.

12-01-2003, 02:03 PM
t-maxx is the best start, im gettin one for christmas

lol
12-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Mine is for sale, do u want to buy it, HPI RS4 RTR 3, its great, hardly used, i just need money:(

killed300ex
12-01-2003, 02:39 PM
i got a tmax for sale pm me if interested
killed

TrailBreaker70
12-01-2003, 02:51 PM
The best way to get into Nitro R/C is to not get one. :p

Get an electric, especially if you don't want to end up spending so much that you could have bought a new quad. Get a Traxxas E-Maxx or Losi XXX-T, two of the most fun electrics out there. Trust me, I used to race every weekend, both gas and electric. The gas truck never went a race without engine problems or stripping out a spur gear.

When I raced my electric Losi buggy, I had the only electric at the track and had to run in the 1/10 nitro truck class, and there were only about 4 trucks that could beat my Losi, and they had hundreds sunk into them.

So, if you want to have a lot of fun, smoke some nitro trucks, and not piss off the neighbors and save a ton of money (since nitro is about $20 a gallon), get something electric. To most guys it sounds wimpy, but they don't think so when it leaves them in the dust. Get a XXX-T and a Novak brushless motor and they won't touch you.

red
12-01-2003, 04:06 PM
I had an electric one along time ago and loved it...didnt realize that nitro was so much trouble...maybe i will just get another electric.
What would be recommendations for electric. I want to be able to go off road and stuff without getting stuck and as far as the price i was going to try to spend around 300 or so.
thanks for the imput.

Atreyu
12-01-2003, 04:19 PM
I don't really understand why someone would buy one?? Maybe I just haven't played with one or something. Just don't really get it.

sickyellow400ex
12-01-2003, 04:25 PM
the bes truck to start out with is a t-maxx, i had one and it was awsome but i had way to many so i sold it now i just have my 1/8 scale buggy and my nitro stampede wich is for sale. and yes they are money pits

12-01-2003, 04:27 PM
if you just leave them stock they arent money pits

ReconRider25
12-01-2003, 04:30 PM
are any of you guys into the rc boats? right now im trying to stuff a 35cc hedge trimmer engine in my electric "bladerunner". i couldnt get a weedwacker engine but i got a hedge trimmer one and just wanted to know if anyone here knows anything that might be able to help me with it.

phatswinn
12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
i had a traxxas nitro hawk awhile ago and i fabricated it to fit a os .21 engine and it flew, but the nitro cars are VERY unreliable if i were you id go on ebay, thats were i bought mine for $160 then sold it for $375, i only put $100 into it too, the $100 i spent on it was with under one gallon of nitro

TrailBreaker70
12-01-2003, 05:28 PM
If you want an electric that you don't want to upgrade and won't get stuck, get a Traxxas E-Maxx. (Mine's for sale). ;) They're basically a T-Maxx but just as fast and WAY more reliable and cheaper.

2001400ex
12-01-2003, 06:50 PM

SO true.

CHAUNCY
12-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TrailBreaker70
The best way to get into Nitro R/C is to not get one. :p

Get an electric, especially if you don't want to end up spending so much that you could have bought a new quad. Get a Traxxas E-Maxx or Losi XXX-T, two of the most fun electrics out there. Trust me, I used to race every weekend, both gas and electric. The gas truck never went a race without engine problems or stripping out a spur gear.

When I raced my electric Losi buggy, I had the only electric at the track and had to run in the 1/10 nitro truck class, and there were only about 4 trucks that could beat my Losi, and they had hundreds sunk into them.

So, if you want to have a lot of fun, smoke some nitro trucks, and not piss off the neighbors and save a ton of money (since nitro is about $20 a gallon), get something electric. To most guys it sounds wimpy, but they don't think so when it leaves them in the dust. Get a XXX-T and a Novak brushless motor and they won't touch you.

I am gonna have to agree with you on the electric statement. Right now I have a Losi xxtcr and it flies! I bought it from a bud with all his extras for $100. So I got that and sold my rc10gt. The Losi would smoke my rc10gt. I also like the fact that there is less maintence, I can just put it on the shelf after I am done with it unlike my old rc10gt. I also had a losi xx buggy and it was very reliable, just harder to control than a truck when it was not on a track.

TrailBreaker70
12-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Chauncy, what motor and ESC are you running in the XXT? Maybe look on Ebay and find you a XXX, the difference is amazing. ;) Find one that's just a frame and slap all the old gear on it. Oh well, if people want to spend more money to go slower (nitro), that's their problem.

chucked
12-02-2003, 09:32 AM

i just want my money back

12-02-2003, 09:44 AM
i have an rc airplane that i cant fly worth a flip cause everytime i fly it, i tear up a wing and new wings are $15 each. rc airplanes are something u should try, they are alot cheaper, except when u crash

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 11:07 AM
T-Maxx for sure!

wyndzer
12-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Check out the new Losi electric 1/18 scale truck. They are cool for just playing and not heavy on the wallet.

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=LOSB0200

Bretmd94
12-02-2003, 03:03 PM
I got a T-maxx for my first and only nitro rc car. I suggest getting one, but go for a newer 2.5 T-maxx. They have electric starters which make things easier. If you keep it stock they dont suck to much money. The 2.5's are damn fast too.

cdalejef
12-02-2003, 03:12 PM
All the t-maxx's are electirc start!

hotrodhonda400
12-02-2003, 04:16 PM
I have the Traxxas Sport maxx , basicly a t-maxx w/o 4 wheel drive but upgradeable to the full T-maxx
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/sportmaxx/trx_sportmaxx.htm

hotrodhonda400
12-02-2003, 04:18 PM
By the way I've ran over five gallons of fuel through this thing and never broke a thing and the motor still runs strong its all in how you run it allthough I have ran this thing pretty hard

cudaman
12-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Check out the new Losi electric 1/18 scale truck. They are cool for just playing and not heavy on the wallet.

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=LOSB0200

that thing would be cool to putt around your house. and to take on trips and stuff. i wonderhow fast they'll run and if they use normal size motors or you have to get specific motors for them