PDA

View Full Version : 400ex and dirt bike fit in back of a ranger?

bandit390
11-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Anyone put there quad and bike in the back of there truck? If so, what kind of truck you got?

4wheelboy
11-30-2003, 08:37 PM
hell no my 300ex hardly fits in my friends ranger mabe if u stook the quad up and den put the dirtbike in with the back wheel hanging off the bed:confused:

CHAUNCY
11-30-2003, 08:46 PM
You can put a 400ex with +2 a-arms and a full size bike (250, 125, 400, 426, etc..) in the back of a f-250 short bed. I dont think you could fit both if the 400 had +3 a-arms though.

bandit390
11-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Well I know my 400ex fits in a ranger and could move it to the side a little. Enough room wide for it, but would the bike be to long(since I can not turn the wheels any; with the tailgate up?

redroost85
11-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Dude, I doubt it. I got a S-10 and my 400 just fits in there. Man, I really need to get a bigger truck, lol!:o

mxdave28
12-01-2003, 05:41 AM
well since it wasnt mentioned of wider a-arms or anythng.....YES a 400ex WILL fit into a ford ranger SHORT bed....i own a 2002 ford ranger shortbed and my buddies 400ex fits just fine....ya cant just drive it up though...i lift the front end over the wheel wells cause i dont want to dent the poo out of them.....but, i cant fit thw quad, tent, 10x12 car port with 3 side panels in the bed....along with a 5 gal gas can and a good sized cooler and still have everything safly strapped down and not sticking up 40 feet. if ya want i will load it into the bed and take a pic for ya. i measured the very inside opening "by the tailgate" and you can indeed fit a 50" quad (AMA Legal) inside. only reason i said yes to buying :D

4TraxRider
12-01-2003, 12:27 PM
If you have at least half an hour to load and your patient you can fit 2 quads, and two dirt bikes into a regular s-10 bed, which is about the same size as a ranger. You put one quad in like normal, and put both bikes on each side wedged between the front tires and side of the bed. The pipes both touch the side rails so they stand on their own(I had two-strokes). Connect handlebars of the two bikes to eachother. Then wheely the other quad onto the tailgate and strap it forward so it can't roll back and the rear tires are on the road. I put wore out holeshots on the tires on the road because it wears tires really realy quick when doing that. It's really not prety, nor safe, and probably very illegal as well, but we did that several times to get to riding spots when I was the only one who could drive. I'll try and find pics of it if I have some time tonight. And if you ever do that, don't back up, it bends the tailgate and snaps tie-downs.

YLW400
12-01-2003, 12:47 PM
:huh You gotta be from West Virginia! I would love to see some pics of that..

UglyMotha™
12-01-2003, 12:54 PM
i have a ranger and i can get both a dirtbike and 400 in there only if the 400 is stock width it's a tight fit but you can do it when i go on long trips i can slide my 400 all the way to the passenger side and that give me enough room to set a 5 gal gas can in between the tire of my bike and the side of the bed and that more than enough room for a dirt bike you won't be able to close the gate though cause the dirt bike is longer than the bed