PDA

View Full Version : trx300 4x4 winter maintenance

svwildcats
11-30-2003, 07:17 PM
I have been hired to do some winter maintenance on 2 trx300 4x4's at the paintball field where i work. I own a trx300 so I'm not totally clueless, but I was wondering what I should look for and what I should do to get them back to good running condition. They both run but have quite a few things I have already seen that are wrong with them. They are mostly used to hauling wood or pulling trailers, and occationally for joy riding. I am pretty confident about taking everything apart since I do most of the work on my quads at home (400ex and trx300). So if you have any tips or ideas on what I should look for or what I should do I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

James

11-30-2003, 08:13 PM
i used to have one & i rode the piss out of it & nothing ever went wrong..the most deopendable four wheeler ever & thats a F'ING FACT! just change the oil & clean it up. ;)

4TraxRider
12-01-2003, 12:40 PM
If they start easy enough and don't smoke or make any weird noises, leave the engines alone. They are the most reliable thigns ont e planet. Just change the oil and filter, and whatever bearings are shot on them.