PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pappy

turnandburn
11-30-2003, 06:28 PM
Had frame Pc locally about a year ago and it is wearing off wear my boots rub and some plastic.Normal? How much to pc my 400 frame,hubs and possibly swing arm.Can you do crome or nickle or something to that effect.

danney f
11-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Well I'm not Pappy, by the wearing of the PC is normal. It's a lot stronger than the majority of coatings out there but it's not indestructible.:(

Tommy 17
11-30-2003, 07:29 PM
pc is not bullet proof... i put maire frame guards on my frame for 17$ and it stopped it from wearing it off... well worth it;)

danney f
11-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Did the frame have a clear on it? that will slow done the wearing but it will still wear.

Pappy
12-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by turnandburn
Had frame Pc locally about a year ago and it is wearing off wear my boots rub and some plastic.Normal? How much to pc my 400 frame,hubs and possibly swing arm.Can you do crome or nickle or something to that effect.

wear points are exactly that....wear points. sooner or later pc, chrome or nickle will wear. if anyone tells you it wont then they should be selling swamp land or actually ride thier quad in the same conditions as the rest of us do.

i can pc the frame chrome which looks like a very bright silver. pm POPO has he has excellent connections for chrome work.

turnandburn
12-01-2003, 01:32 PM
pappy do you have a standered price for pc certian things on your webs site? It is probably cheaper if i sand blast it correct. Thanks will be doing buisness real soon. Clint

Bad Habit
12-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Sure is irritating that your bling bling starts fading to the point of wanting it redone after one year. But that's about how long it will last if you do any serious riding. Just imagine what it looks like after a year of riding in the sand dunes:eek:

Boots + Sand + PC = :(

Woodsrider
12-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Ya gotta ride wide to make your PC last;) Next time have a coat of clear applied. it will help quite a bit. When I did my brake and clutch pedals I ran a test. I put clear on the brake and not on the clutch. after rididng it all season and half of last, the clutch needs redone, and the brake is only showing wear on the teeth of the pedal.

Pappy
12-02-2003, 09:51 AM
i used to cut people a price break if they stripped the parts....but it ended up i wasnt satisfied with the part when it arrived and i ended up stripping it anyway. so now i just price it out.

prices are kinda tuff because some people want 2 or 3 layer colors...others want me to remove bearings and seal and reinstall etc.

just pm me if you need a specific price and i will respond as soon as possible.