PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholic 416

VegasEx'r
02-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Would it be worth the money to put a hi-compression (12.5:1), cammed 416 on alcohol? I know I am getting a little ahead of myself, since I won't order the piston & cam until next week, I'm just curious. I am trying to build a respectable dune machine that is still good for fast trail riding & also for just puttin' around with my significant other. I have been told that an engine that has been converted to alky can still run on regular gas, is that true? Please let me know what you guys think.

wyndzer
02-14-2002, 06:38 AM
If you have an FCR carb, switching from alcohol to gas is not a problem. All you do is change the pilot jet, main jet and needle, adjust the air screw and your set. Takes about 20 minutes to switch back and forth.

Sandragggen
02-14-2002, 10:30 AM
wyndzer is right..just got off the phone with Wade at FTZ and thats all they do to the FCR's with alky mods. I'm glad to hear that.

I have a 39mm alky carb with booster jets that I run on my Polaris and they had to bore and drill to accommodate alcohol. Just changing the jets wouldn't work on the booster carb.

Jay

MOFO
02-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Did someone say "Alcoholic 416"? Knighttime has been taking his 416 to AA meetings lately, but they just dont seem to work. Damn thing drinks me under the table now! :huh

http://forums.exriders.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=30682

:D ;)

Eric