PDA

View Full Version : Baja Truck Parts

kicken250x
11-29-2003, 09:47 PM
i am getting a 93 or 94 Toyota Tacoma sometime soon (within the next few months) and i want to make it baja style truck. i know what yall are going to say "those trucks you see on tv are about 80,000 you wont be able to do that!" and i realize thati wont be able to make it exactly like the ones on tv but it will be pretty bad *** when i get it done. i want it to remain a daily driver but have killer preformance off road as well (but if it will handle that well in the rough stuff off road it sould handle on road to). does anyone know of any sites that sell fiberglass clips and fenders, long travel suspension kits, tube frame beds, light racks, bumpers and anything else you can come up with? i would make my own fenders and such but i dont have anything to mold off of so it looks like im going to have to buy them...but any help would be appricated greatly so thanks in advance! later...:devil:

11-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
i am getting a 93 or 94 Toyota Tacoma sometime soon (within the next few months) and i want to make it baja style truck. i know what yall are going to say "those trucks you see on tv are about 80,000 you wont be able to do that!" and i realize thati wont be able to make it exactly like the ones on tv but it will be pretty bad *** when i get it done. i want it to remain a daily driver but have killer preformance off road as well (but if it will handle that well in the rough stuff off road it sould handle on road to). does anyone know of any sites that sell fiberglass clips and fenders, long travel suspension kits, tube frame beds, light racks, bumpers and anything else you can come up with? i would make my own fenders and such but i dont have anything to mold off of so it looks like im going to have to buy them...but any help would be appricated greatly so thanks in advance! later...:devil:

80000 no way you could get a some tires and the truck for that much and some other stuff

11-29-2003, 10:00 PM
http://fmtx.shread.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=244100

that was for sale for 120000 and im sure he had more than that in it, has a chevy motor and stuff

fenders are around 1000
lift thats around 700 for a cheaper one
tires and wheels???
paint job unless you wanan run the fenders bare
suspension...bumper, lights, exhaust $$$$$$$$$

kicken250x
11-29-2003, 10:10 PM
im not gonna build the truck all at once. it will take place over about the next 3 years, and yes i plan to keep this truck for a while haha. i will have 3500 left over after i buy the truck that im going to put into some tires and wheels and what suspension work i can get with it. also this summer i will have a job so i will hopefuly be able to finish the whole suspension by next school year. im looking at 2 trucks now, one is a 4x4 one is 2 wheel...which one? the 4x4 5400 and the 2x4 is 4800. i would like to have the 4x4 but thats just that much more to go wrong out front...:rolleyes: thanks for the pic tho...sic truck!

exatak199
11-29-2003, 10:30 PM
go for the 4x4!!!!!!! 2wd sucks it any kind of off roading:blah:

11-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by exatak199
go for the 4x4!!!!!!! 2wd sucks it any kind of off roading:blah:

the majority of pre runners are all 2 wd, theres lots of 4x4 too, my truck is 4x4 i like knowing i have it if i need it

11-29-2003, 11:02 PM
a good site is prerunners.net its got a forum tons of links and info and pics

kicken250x
11-30-2003, 10:44 AM
im kind of thinking the 4x4 because it doesnt snow a whole lot around here but when it does it DUMPS for like weeks so it would be nice to actually be able to go somewhere when it snows. someone told me about www.prerunners.com but i couldnt remember the exact site name. i think im gonna wonder on over there for a few min and see what i can dig up! thanks freeride132! later

CHAUNCY
11-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Here are a couple prerunner websites that i know of.....

www.dezertrangers.com
www.desertrides.com
www.prerunners.com
www.prerunners.net

They are all pretty good websites.....videos, pics, tech. articles, forums.

kicken250x
12-01-2003, 06:35 PM
anymore sites guys? thanks for the links CHAUNCY!