11-29-2003, 05:25 PM
What do you guys think about the Z-400?
What is it like compared to a 400ex?
Which has more power?

thanks

Logan

Matt756
11-29-2003, 06:18 PM
the z has more power but i would would rather have a 400ex because of its reliability ive seen many 400exs wreck and they start right up with a couples bumps and bruises

cheetah
11-29-2003, 07:34 PM
The Z has more power, but you could find a used EX for a lot cheaper. If you're buying new or for some reason money is no option, I would get the Z. Has a little more power, takes better to mods, looks a little better IMO, reliability is pretty good if you're not launching off cliffs, and it has reverse which is not needed but definately a great luxury anyways. Good luck and have fun with whatever you get. I loved my old EX, but the power got old quick.

gimp419
11-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Z's deffinately respond to mods a lot better. I have one and love it, and I was a die hard honda man for years.

hawiianpwr
11-30-2003, 01:29 AM
there a nice quad. You really can't go wrong with either. The nicest thing is that there liquid cooled. Lets them run higher compression on pump gas.
Just to let you know I have a 2000 400ex with no norm mods, K&N, piped, jetted, MSD ignition. On of my friends has a 2003 suzuki 400 with the same mods. We dragged on the sand, we both have new itp sandstars on and we weigh pretty much the same(around 150lbs). Everytime we dragged it was exactly the same. He would get me, my front tire would be inline with his back tire. Which I think is still impressive considering mine has quite abit of hours on it and his is practically new. Handling wise you still can't go wrong with either.
They both have there pros and cons but, as long as your riding and having fun thats all that matters!
Hope that helps:)

4TraxRider
11-30-2003, 07:26 AM
I had both since the beginning og the year until my Z had to find a new home and I got another EX. For MX, I'll take an EX anyday, they sit lower and handle better IMO, the Z I had ruined my race results for the last half of the year. Both had vry similar mods as well and my EX was very close to it in drags everytime. It also seemed every week I had to weld and gusset a different part on the frame, especially the shock mounts on the Z. IMO, get an EX, you can't go wrong.

jbfoco
12-12-2003, 06:56 PM
In my honest opinion a stock 400ex handles much better than my z with stock suspension.

But thats something a little money can fix.

But power wise i have a friend with a built 440ex, 416ex and a piped and jetted raptor, i beat all of them in a drag race with my mods in my signature.

grandmasterquad
12-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I have both a 400ex AND a Z-400. They both have nice suspension, id give the performance to the Z. When i had a choice to get a new one i got a Z, and have not regretted it yet.