PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to ELKA!

440 pumpkin
11-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Just want to publically thank ELKA for their hospitality last week.
My self and a guy that works for me went up to Quebec to be factory trained on how to service and make repairs on ELKA shocks.
The service manager E.T was the perfect person to train us. He was patient and knew his shocks. No question about it.
From the time the call comes into the sales department then goes through engineering out to assembly then finally off to shipping. They work very well together.

We all know there are other companies out there who make shocks. But these guys are a top notch company to deal with.
Believe it or not, THEY CARE.

If there are any riders who are considering new shocks for next year. I would really consider looking at ELKA's for your bike.

Thanks for a great visit!
Tom@atvfourplay

cheetah
11-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Sounds great. I was very pleased with my first set on the EX and just ordered my second set for the dale.

Fat Possum
11-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Their customer service is impeccable, as well. I emailed for some info, expecting at most for them to send me an email reply with my info. (which they did, within a day I think.) Then, a couple days later, the nicest canadian cat called mi casa to see if they'd answered all my questions, etc, could he help me further......
That kind of customer service is unexpected nowadays. Best part is, the shocks are everything they're touted as, and more. They've been, by far, the best dollars spent on my quad.

Dave400ex
11-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I must agree. Every time I have emailed asking about a question there is usually always a answer the next day. Their service is second to none.
I am also very happy with my shocks. I will be buying them for any future quads I might have.

440 pumpkin
11-30-2003, 09:13 AM
I agree with what you guys said.
I would hope other companies would learn to be as hospitable as ELKA.

Quad18star
11-30-2003, 03:18 PM
I haven't heard anythign bad about their service . But what esle would you expect from a Canadian Company ?? We Care!!!:D I know this will get a rise out of most people . I'm just playing around .

bmw500hp
11-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 440 pumpkin
Just want to publically thank ELKA for their hospitality last week.
My self and a guy that works for me went up to Quebec to be factory trained on how to service and make repairs on ELKA shocks.
The service manager E.T was the perfect person to train us. He was patient and knew his shocks. No question about it.
From the time the call comes into the sales department then goes through engineering out to assembly then finally off to shipping. They work very well together.

We all know there are other companies out there who make shocks. But these guys are a top notch company to deal with.
Believe it or not, THEY CARE.

If there are any riders who are considering new shocks for next year. I would really consider looking at ELKA's for your bike.

Thanks for a great visit!
Tom@atvfourplay

Tom, how long were you in Canada?...

Martin Blair
11-30-2003, 05:58 PM
get them to lower there prices or seriously up quality

250rpilot
11-30-2003, 06:05 PM
the last i heard, elka just did lower their prices a little bit. probably about 2 weeks ago. i was pricing them also.

Fat Possum
11-30-2003, 06:27 PM
yeah, they could be a lil easier on the wallet, but as far as fit, finish, form and function, I'd rate their quality as excellent. (And they look so damned purty, too.)

Tommy 17
11-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

dude stfu... when u get a pair of shocks on ur quad then u can talk ****... u got stock shocks u have no room to bash anyone:o :rolleyes:

i like my elkas...

zlam27
11-30-2003, 09:28 PM
yea, they are a little too expensive for my taste. but the owner of the company shares my last name- i wonder if i could get a free set.... (i think its the owner, its a top name in the company anyway).

zach

cdalejef
12-01-2003, 07:02 AM
Which owner are you talking about?

12-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/wtf.gif

440 pumpkin
12-01-2003, 10:07 AM
BMW
We were only up there for 3 days.
I would of liked to stay longer but had to back to the shop.
Have you ever been up there?
I use to go up there every fall for hunting. But never been up there for business.
I'll probably go back after the first of the year. B-4 the GNC's start.
That is... if they'll let me.
Heres a tip for the day. Bring your birth certificate or passport if you are flying up there.

Fred55
12-01-2003, 06:33 PM
How much are elkas going for right now? Im very interested.....

Also...would they be able to convert my rear shock into a SSD and revalve it?

cdalejef
12-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Elka's start at $500 and go up depending on the options that you want. Yes, they do offer conversions for rear shocks.

bmw500hp
12-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 440 pumpkin
BMW
We were only up there for 3 days.
I would of liked to stay longer but had to back to the shop.
Have you ever been up there?
I use to go up there every fall for hunting. But never been up there for business.
I'll probably go back after the first of the year. B-4 the GNC's start.
That is... if they'll let me.
Heres a tip for the day. Bring your birth certificate or passport if you are flying up there.

Pumpkin:

You read my mind Pumpkin! I was wondering if you had some free time to enjoy the outdoors! Perhaps a few days in the woods to "field test" your skills.

The next time you go, please let me know.

Wal-Marts are on the rise in Canada and we are currently stocking our 24 best selling (Joe's Flies) U.S. sku's. I would very much appreciate a field test of some specific color/size combo's from someone critical in regard business and sport.

Perhaps when you return to Elka, you would be interested in taking some (Joe's Flies Trout lures) with you. Field test them if you can and if there is no time, put them in the hands of an appreciative angler.

A moose hunt been one of my childhood dreams!

Good luck with your business ventures 2004 and beyond!:D

Mike :)

Fred55
12-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Jeff, would you happen to have a price list that u could send me? Im really interested in SSD fronts for my pred, set up for MX.....and whats the price on a SSD conversion for my rear?

zlam27
12-01-2003, 10:08 PM
well whatever guy has the last name lamoreux (pronounced lamorow- if you can understand that)

zach