PDA

View Full Version : PEP ZPS Shocks

Dave400ex
08-16-2001, 12:16 PM
I know these are good shocks. I read all about them, but I`ve never talked to anyone that has them. Does anybody on here have them? How do you like them? Are the ride adjustable settings hard to set? Thanks

QuadRacer041
08-16-2001, 01:10 PM
i have them on both my '99 400ex and my '86 250r, and i love them the harder you ride the better they work. i dont have anything negative to say about them so far everything ive seen from them is posative. adjusting the ride height is very easy.

Dave400ex
08-16-2001, 01:42 PM
Thanks, your quads are sweet. I think if I go to get different shocks, those will be the one`s I get. How do they compare to Custom Axis, Quad041? Does anyone have the revalve rear? I would most likely just have them convert the stock shock to ZPS.

Dave400ex
08-16-2001, 10:00 PM
How do the Axis shocks compare to the PEP`s? How do you Axis owners like yours?

QuadRacer041
08-17-2001, 10:45 AM
my freind has axis shocks on his 400ex and he loves them too.to tell you the truth the reason why i choose PEP's over the axis is price, axis are around 300-400 dollars more then the PEP's. like i said im a pretty big guy, around 230#'s and my PEP's soke up everything great.
about what you said about coverting the rear, thats what i did on my R, PEP converted it for me when they built my fronts. i thick it is worth the money compared to a new shock, i think it cost me $350.00 for a full convertion and a new spring, much cheaper then the $900.00 real deal.im happy with it and glad i did it that way.;

Dave400ex
08-17-2001, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the info. If I ever get different shocks, PEP is what I will get. Who did you get your Front shocks from? Who did you have do the rear conversion? I heard that you have to wait for a while to get the shocks. How long did you have to wait.

Kansas400ex
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
not tryin to rob your thread but where do you go to order PEPS at?

NacsMXer
12-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I have PEP ZPS all the way around on my 400. I have the rebuild rear and it works just as good as the fronts. I agree that the harder you ride them the better they work. They can be decieving if you just push down on the bumper or grab bar because they will feel softer than say an AXIS or Elka shock. If you pick up the quad and slam it down you get an idea of how they really work because they stiffen up the harder you jump.

Adjusting the ride height in the front is super easy I love the fact that no tools are necessary unlike other shocks. Just your two hands, that's it :D

I bought mine through Baldwin Racing.

KingpinsEx
12-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Yea your definetly right about how deciving they feel. I run elka fronts setup for XC and my buddies MX peps feel way softer its weird. But they do a great job and im actually planning on switching over to some PEPs in the near future..