PDA

View Full Version : My first race of the series.. 1st place!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 01:45 AM
WWWHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:macho :blah: I soooo stoked right now!!! I took home my very first 1st place trophy tonight:D I couldnt believe it! I was overwhelmed after the main, I actually shed a few tears....:o I guess I wanted that win more than I ever imagined I did......;) I took first in the 1st motot and the main. I will have a couple of pics Ill post tomorrow night I got a loaner camera (mine is in the shop) and the loaner is a POS so alot didnt turn out but blurry....:rolleyes: Troy also took home a 4th place and my kids took home a 1st and 2nd:cool: We had a HUGE group tonight, the track was slicker than snot and everyone was totally nutty,bumpin,bangin and pilin it up( I raced with YFZ450, 400ex's, Raptor and a 300ex We will have an R and a Z400 tomorrow night to add to the ladies class...Ill post more tomorrow night.Anyhow , I had to share the good news, Ill have more tomorrow night, its a dbl header wk end....Wish me luck!!!!!!............Tina

trailburner
11-29-2003, 06:40 AM
Good for you!!!!!!!keep up the good work. 1st place!!! that's what it's all about!!!!......... :D

remlapr
11-29-2003, 06:52 AM
Congrats QJ, I guess someone forgot to tell you that your 400ex can't beat a YFZ450 :o

dirtmomma
11-29-2003, 07:06 AM
RIGHT ON GIRLIE!!!!!! You did AWESOME!!! Noone forgot to tell her she could beat a 450,......I told her that cuz I can't beat them on my 300!! :):) Go give em hell tonight too!!! Can't wait for some pics!! Let us know how tonight goes, I'm racing tonight too:blah: maybe I can do something in my main besides spin out!! Did you run your tamers or Hoosiers????? Did Lance race?? How'd he do, & is Troy racing w/ a cast??

LTandRaptorider
11-29-2003, 07:14 AM
WAY TO GO!!!

LTandRaptorider
11-29-2003, 07:20 AM
I was so excited I posted my last message before I was finished... plus I just got up and have to pee... :o

Good job, and good luck tonight! ;) Can't wait to see the pics. Maybe your regimen will include eating a turkey dinner the day before the race!! ;)

Good luck to you too, dirtmomma! ;)

seven
11-29-2003, 08:43 AM
So how was the main? I saw you smoked em in the first heat, but how many did you lap in the main? I was just wondering if the track got any better later and what tire pressure you ended up with? How did Lance end up doing?

K_Fulk
11-29-2003, 10:06 AM
congratulations and good luck tommorow.

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Congrats QJ, I guess someone forgot to tell you that your 400ex can't beat a YFZ450 :o LOL!:p

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by seven
So how was the main? I saw you smoked em in the first heat, but how many did you lap in the main? I was just wondering if the track got any better later and what tire pressure you ended up with? How did Lance end up doing? WEll, I didnt get there holeshot, Donna got it, but I wasright behind her, then I guess she went WAY wide I took her from the inside on the first lap(corner 2) I was told I was one full straight stretch ahead, the 450 would gain on the straight aways, but never pulled me once:cool: I guess where I done better was on the corners. The PSI was MUCH better at 4psi right and 3 on the left. Im not sure how done Lance done to be honest .They had restarts and so many nutty things going on , I lost track:confused: I know Pat got him in the first MOTO I THINK he took 1st place on his Dirtbike( I think he had like a 650 I just cant remember what kind he had:o ) My sway bar done its job for me last night in the main. I only came up on my rear tire once and wheelied out of a corner once ot twice. How come you left so early? Was it too cold for Page out there last night? I was a human popscicle all night even with 4 layers on......I felt like a human Marshmellow:p

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
RIGHT ON GIRLIE!!!!!! You did AWESOME!!! Noone forgot to tell her she could beat a 450,......I told her that cuz I can't beat them on my 300!! :):) Go give em hell tonight too!!! Can't wait for some pics!! Let us know how tonight goes, I'm racing tonight too:blah: maybe I can do something in my main besides spin out!! Did you run your tamers or Hoosiers????? Did Lance race?? How'd he do, & is Troy racing w/ a cast?? I ran my Tamers and radials on the front. Troy raced with his wrist brace (cast came off on Mon) He would have placed better (but its a long stoy) I hope he races better tonight.:) IMO there were WAY TOO MANY guys on that track at once last night. No one could REALLY race there potential with a cluster **** out there:grr: Good luck on your race tonight Kym!!!:cool:

AlaskaSpeed
11-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Tina, THAT'S GREAT!! Congratulations, I know how cool it is to do well at "our" age....lol.......JIM

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Tina, THAT'S GREAT!! Congratulations, I know how cool it is to do well at "our" age....lol.......JIM Eh?????? Speak up Sonny, my hearing aid is turned down!! hahaha, true dat!!

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 11:14 AM
SEVEN~~~ I forgto to mention, Shane put a little scare into to everyone, I missed alot of it, but I guess he was airborn rolled and tweeked his Handlebars and possibly his sway bar:eek: the LT 500 got his pump shoved into his Radiator and Brians Shee he thinks burned out a clutch, an his R is over heating, how much do you want to bet this was caused from the parade last wk end???

AtvMxRider
11-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Tina, THAT'S GREAT!! Congratulations, I know how cool it is to do well at "our" age....lol.......JIM

Old asses...............:devil:

seven
11-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Troy should bump up to the pro level. He would do fine and there is a lot less spin outs to deal with.

AlaskaSpeed
11-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Old asses...............:devil:

Post whore.....lmao

Ryan
11-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Great Job QJ!

QuadJunkies
11-30-2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks everyone! Well, I pilled it off again tonight.... first in the 1st MOTO and 1st in the main!!!:cool: :D The 450 was pullin alot harder tonight and another 400ex thats had some motor work done to it,they are goona be hard to keep of me after a few more races, But I think I will pick up some pseed as well, so who knows!!!:) Ill post what pics I have tomorrow( Im totally beat tonight) I got all of tonights pics of me on camcorder instaed since this loaner camera sucks so bad.:rolleyes: Troy took home a 1st place as well, and so didi my girls, the minis ran a Predator and a LT80 .My girl got 2nd in the 1st moto and 1st in the main.My boy Brandon took last......:( this was his first true year on a short track besides quad wars and hes only 6, so hes got plenty of time to improve;) ..Not too bad 3-4 of us took home 1st place trophies tonight and no injuries to report.:macho one girls flipped and bit it hard on a Raotro but she was ok and three others in the Mens class and a LT500 and a LT250 and a Raptor one guy tweeked his arm (somehow he ran his own arm over:eek2: ) We had a HUGE turn out for the beginning of the series. ........Tina

AtvMxRider
11-30-2003, 05:27 AM
Post whore.....lmao :cuss:

QuadJunkies
11-30-2003, 10:08 AM
this is qj old man and i want her ex family know that she rode her tail off and kicked you know what.I am so proud of her and my kids but i told her from the get go she had what it took and all she had to do was go get some!:D Love WTL

dirtmomma
11-30-2003, 10:10 AM
CONGRATS again!!! Glad ot hear you did sooo good sounds like you should do goo dthis year. I didn't do so good last night but i'll post more on that later I have a killer headache!!:blah:

BTW you guys are all post whores LMAO!!

LTandRaptorider
11-30-2003, 10:20 AM
CONGRATS again!!! Glad ot hear you did sooo good sounds like you should do goo dthis year. I didn't do so good last night but i'll post more on that later I have a killer headache!!:blah:

BTW you guys are all post whores LMAO!!

You silver tongued devil! :devil:

Congrats on another good race, QJ!! ;)

QuadJunkies
11-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
this is qj old man and i want her ex family know that she rode her tail off and kicked you know what.I am so proud of her and my kids but i told her from the get go she had what it took and all she had to do was go get some!:D Love WTL ;) Thank you Troy,you did pretty darn good yourself........:macho

TC17
11-30-2003, 11:58 AM
awesome! sounds like a pretty good riding family to me. that would be so cool to have the whole family racing. keep up the #1's!

SWRToad
11-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Hey Tina, WTG.

Can you post Pictures of your prize?. lol:cool:

QuadJunkies
11-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by SWRToad
Hey Tina, WTG.

Can you post Pictures of your prize?. lol:cool: I sure can:D when I get the quad all purdied up, Ill post a pic with my Trophies...:) ok Ill post a few pics I have,but Im tllin ya, they suck!:mad: This Cam didnt do well at ALL!:grr: and ther was such a haze in the building from the race gas and the lighting really messed with my camera:( Ill sure be glad to get my camera back....

SWRToad
11-30-2003, 11:52 PM
Great, congrats once again.

I bet you are stoked, I sure as hell would be. lol

Keep us posted..........:eek2:

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:04 AM
yeah I had a major case of adrenaline for sure...lol:o :p ok, here are the only pics I have right now.This is a Pro Class rider on his CRF450 conversion:macho

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:06 AM
This guy on the Vforce, his Wife kicked butt on the fast summer track and schooled me . she is out with a blown out knee, so it looks like her ole man will be racing it this winter instead..

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:08 AM
450 again...

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:10 AM
Heres my 6 yr old son on his stock Eton Viper, he is going to be next on getting aome mods to widen him out a bit......:cool:

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Heres a few3 of us getting ready to line up.. LOL..... I felt like a human marshmellow in my new chest protector, that is goig nto take some getting used to:confused:

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:15 AM
Im not sure where the other girls are in the pic:confused: I guess were coming around to them on the other side. I have to say, the girl on the Yami 450, I have soooooo much respect for that girl. I didnt knwo this right away, but she is totally hearing impaired, and rides AWESOME! I have alot of respect for the girl;)

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Here I am again....

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Heres one of the Wee ones on a LT80. His Mom next to me in the pic also raced with us on here 250R

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Im soo mad, none of my Daughters pics turned out, she was AWESOME:macho

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:19 AM

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:20 AM
####

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:22 AM
I think this was a new comer to the track and he had a good time on the track so hes moddin it out in the next few weeks for the track.....:)

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:23 AM
the Pro class were awesome to watch......:blah:

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:24 AM

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:25 AM
that all I got for this race, Ill DEF have better ones over the next several weeks Im sure......;)

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:26 AM
SWRtoad!! I was surious what part of Oregon you are from. BTW. Nice pics on your web site!!:blah: I C your new to the site. Welcome to Exriders.....;)

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Ummm... marshmallows... :p

Looks like a lot of fun, I really enjoy the few times I've flat track raced. I found a track that hasn't run quads for years, they started agian last year. They do require flat track tires, so I'll be looking for some. The only track I've run is a half mile dirt and gravel track. Let me tell you, you can get some speed going on those straightaways! I actually like the bigger tracks better. Next year it's going to be a setup nightmare. I plan on running more flat track, some harscrambles and a couple GNCCs, and maybe an arenacross or two. :eek2: Whew, I'm tired just typing that! Maybe if I don't sell the Raptor, I'll set it up for flat track. Otherwise, my trusty LT will be doing all the work. My LRD adjsutable pipe will be getting a lot of adjusting!

Keep up the good work, and be safe! ;)

Natertot426ex
12-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Good Job Tina. Well this next weekend I may be coming out. There is racing right? Also I need some tires. My may take mine down and have the stock ones put back on. Or I will call Pat and see if he can still hook me up. I wish I just had the money and bought me some tires and wheels my self.:mad: I have the money but have to save it for wedding stuff.

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Good Job Tina. Well this next weekend I may be coming out. There is racing right? Also I need some tires. My may take mine down and have the stock ones put back on. Or I will call Pat and see if he can still hook me up. I wish I just had the money and bought me some tires and wheels my self.:mad: I have the money but have to save it for wedding stuff. Didnt you get a set of Tamers or something?Maybe Im thinking of Cory. Yeah, we have a race on Sat. Its not a dbl header this next wk end.:) Hope you can make it out!!!!

Natertot426ex
12-01-2003, 10:34 AM
I don't have tammers yet:( but I may swap my stockers back on to run the flat track. Plus I will run them for the Ice race in Jan.

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ummm... marshmallows... :p

Looks like a lot of fun, I really enjoy the few times I've flat track raced. I found a track that hasn't run quads for years, they started agian last year. They do require flat track tires, so I'll be looking for some. The only track I've run is a half mile dirt and gravel track. Let me tell you, you can get some speed going on those straightaways! I actually like the bigger tracks better. Next year it's going to be a setup nightmare. I plan on running more flat track, some harscrambles and a couple GNCCs, and maybe an arenacross or two. :eek2: Whew, I'm tired just typing that! Maybe if I don't sell the Raptor, I'll set it up for flat track. Otherwise, my trusty LT will be doing all the work. My LRD adjsutable pipe will be getting a lot of adjusting!

Keep up the good work, and be safe! ;) hahaha well, maybe a bit more Like Arnold Schwartzneger I had three layers on and a chest protector,I have never worn one racing before its going to take some getting used to:grr: one good thing about wearing one though,(besides protection of course) is I cant turn my head and do a "look back":eek2: cause my shoulder pieces are so big I cant trun my head:p . I am notoriuos for look backs, so this will be good thing...;) I personally liked a faster track myself, the bad thing is ...I now have aslow quad compared to whats out therenow....:( sigh. someday.......

seatec
12-01-2003, 10:53 AM
I personally liked a faster track myself, the bad thing is ...I now have aslow quad compared to whats out therenow....:( sigh. someday.......

Doesnt seem to be slowing you down any?? It's all rider. Congratz with your and your families wins!!!

SWRToad
12-01-2003, 12:01 PM
SWRtoad!! I was surious what part of Oregon you are from. BTW. Nice pics on your web site!!:blah: I C your new to the site. Welcome to Exriders.....;)

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words on our site.

We have members that live all over in Oregon & Washington. I live in Clackamas (about 2 hours from the coast).

Ps, you going to post a picture of your bike and trophy?.

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by SWRToad
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words on our site.

We have members that live all over in Oregon & Washington. I live in Clackamas (about 2 hours from the coast).

Ps, you going to post a picture of your bike and trophy?. Yea I will post one, but I havent had the time to even wash it up yet...:o lol...heres a fwe quick shots of all our trohpies this summer/Fall..These two are the ones I got this wk end:D

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:18 PM
heres my Daughters and mine together:)

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:19 PM
heres one with all four of ours together(were minus one, its show and tell day at school today for kids:D )

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:20 PM
heres my 400ex:cool:

k2-dawg
12-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Congrats and great job to you and your family!!!

I wish my kids would take interest..... maybe someday.

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 02:44 PM
hahaha well, maybe a bit more Like Arnold Schwartzneger I had three layers on and a chest protector,I have never worn one racing before its going to take some getting used to:grr: one good thing about wearing one though,(besides protection of course) is I cant turn my head and do a "look back":eek2: cause my shoulder pieces are so big I cant trun my head:p . I am notoriuos for look backs, so this will be good thing...;) I personally liked a faster track myself, the bad thing is ...I now have aslow quad compared to whats out therenow....:( sigh. someday.......

Yes, you definitely should be wearing a chest protector! Wouldn't want anything to happen to your... ummm... chest! ;) It makes a good rock shield, especially in flat track racing. It's amazing how much that thin plastic and foam protect you if you take a spill. Don't worry about having the "slowest" quad out there. As rider11x keeps reminding me, 400ex's continue to do well in racing! On a short track none of the quads can get to their top speed anyway, so it's more about rider ability. What sprockets do you run? I would go down one on the front for more low end on a short track. Do you get to practice at this track? Well, have fun and keep up the good riding! And remember; wear all the protective gear you can! :)

SGA
12-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Wow! Way to go Tina and family. Sga's proud.:)

SWRToad
12-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Sweet, thanks again for sharing your victory weekend(s).

WTG............

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Yes, you definitely should be wearing a chest protector! Wouldn't want anything to happen to your... ummm... chest! ;) It makes a good rock shield, especially in flat track racing. It's amazing how much that thin plastic and foam protect you if you take a spill. Don't worry about having the "slowest" quad out there. As rider11x keeps reminding me, 400ex's continue to do well in racing! On a short track none of the quads can get to their top speed anyway, so it's more about rider ability. What sprockets do you run? I would go down one on the front for more low end on a short track. Do you get to practice at this track? Well, have fun and keep up the good riding! And remember; wear all the protective gear you can! :) I need to change my gearing a bit, but I feel better for the mean time with a 14tooth,im kinda in between changing, I shift right at the corner so its a low gear cornering,but I like the gearing when in pole position.....Im gonna test it a bit more and experiment a bit. I know Troy will be changing his since he taps out too fast. Im going to run the Predator in a few races here in a few weeks as well, maybe do a trade off with troy :D Well, I just got news tongiht that ALL the girls are not shoeing up for next race:eek2: #$^*+$^*^*(+_%#!@:mad: ....... Looks Like Ill be racing with all the guys this next wk end...:macho lots to contend with there!!! I planned on racing a few with the guys anyways. but I was planning to ride the track a bit more first.....:( As for practices,nope..... no practices on this track. Would be cool if we could ,but we only get the one right before the race......

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Wow! Way to go Tina and family. Sga's proud.:) Thank you.... ;)

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by seven
Troy should bump up to the pro level. He would do fine and there is a lot less spin outs to deal with. I think Troy is wishing in away that he had:)

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:04 AM

BTW you guys are all post whores LMAO!! Kimmers~~~ You ok? what happened at your race????:eek2:

400exmom
12-02-2003, 05:48 AM
way to go tina!!! get used to it girl theres lots more to come!!

dirtmomma
12-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Kimmers~~~ You ok? what happened at your race????:eek2:

WOW the only one that calls me Kimmer anymore is my Dad LOL thats funny anyway nothing happend as you probalby already know I just stressed myself out sooooo bad my neck & shoulders got all bunched up:blah:

I CNA'T believe ALL the women you race w/ are NOT going to be there this time what is up w/ that????? ARE they friggin SISSYS????? Guess you will def take the womens class if it's gonna be like that huh, that really sucks for you :( Sorry to hear that but go kick some arse w/ the boys!!! :):)

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 11:10 AM
WOW the only one that calls me Kimmer anymore is my Dad LOL thats funny anyway nothing happend as you probalby already know I just stressed myself out sooooo bad my neck & shoulders got all bunched up:blah:

I CNA'T believe ALL the women you race w/ are NOT going to be there this time what is up w/ that????? ARE they friggin SISSYS????? Guess you will def take the womens class if it's gonna be like that huh, that really sucks for you :( Sorry to hear that but go kick some arse w/ the boys!!! :):) lol...sorry, thats what I call my bud here that name is the same..:) . WEll, Im not totally sure why the others arent racing, I so know three of them had legit reasons ,but I dont know about all the other gals.:rolleyes: Troy is trying to round up three other gals to run on Sat to make class, but we will see if not. then Oh well I guess Ill run for a few points in the mens class....:huh :o

LTandRaptorider
12-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Maybe the other women heard you were racing, and dropped out, out of fear! ;)

Natertot426ex
12-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Tina what time does it usually get over with? I have to work this weekend and I don't want to be out till really late. Midnight is my limit. Maybe a little later. Have to work at 7:30 sunday morning.

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Tina what time does it usually get over with? I have to work this weekend and I don't want to be out till really late. Midnight is my limit. Maybe a little later. Have to work at 7:30 sunday morning. The racing shouldne run that late for quads, you can always pick up your Trophy another night if you didnt want to wait for it, We been getting out around 1230 but thats for waiting for Trophies too. You should be Ok;)

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Maybe the other women heard you were racing, and dropped out, out of fear! ;) :o :p WEll, I dont know about that......lol. I know one he gong to be out of state with her ole man, one crashed pretty hard and her quad is busted up a bit, and the other is un-employed so $$ is tight. as for the others.....maybe.......I dont know why they would be though, I could srew up just as easy as the next person or draw chip for the first moto that puts me to the back of the ine and have to play catch up... ITs all good to me, I just want to have a good time and know that I really done my best,thats whats the most important to me......:)

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Hey Nate. do you remember the guy who met up with us from Jackson Wyoming on the Raptoyr who went to St. A's with us last summer? his name was Bob? He showed up to see the Sat race! I was totally in shock when I saw him and his GF:eek2:

Natertot426ex
12-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Isn't he on atvconnection? Wyoduner?

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Isn't he on atvconnection? Wyoduner? yeah he is Wyorider on Wyoduners web site...

AtvMxRider
12-02-2003, 02:10 PM
I got a little one that races also:D :devil: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/sponser+pic1.JPG

AtvMxRider
12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
another:) http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/sponser+pic+2.JPG

QuadJunkies
12-03-2003, 12:25 AM
RIGHT ON JERRY!!!!!!! Hows he doing ?????:macho GO GET EM HOTROD!!!

AtvMxRider
12-03-2003, 03:24 AM
RIGHT ON JERRY!!!!!!! Hows he doing ?????:macho GO GET EM HOTROD!!!

He's doing very good. The season is over now:( .

03400EX_Nacs
12-04-2003, 05:05 PM
i hope i get 1st one day

dirtmomma
12-05-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
He's doing very good. The season is over now:( . i

isn't it great when we can watch our kids kickin some butt?!!!!:D :D
Congrats to him I can't wait to get my little guy out on the track again he hasn't been for quite awhile, we're trying to get his "sweetie" widened!! Thats what he calls his quad LOL