PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Bay Wreck

LazeR
11-28-2003, 10:03 PM
I went by winchester bay today and saw some rescue crew and stuff heading towards the dunes.....so i went and ate and went out there and they were just pulling the bikes in... on the whole front end was screwed up the tire was sideways and from the other damage im guessing totaled! the other bike which was a banshee just had minor damage from what i could tell...... i guess the polaris (the most damaged bike) was sitting in a bowl and the banshee jumped somehow and ran right into the back of the polaris! the guy on the polaris was thrown over the handlebars and i guess what fine...but the guy on the banshee possibly broke his back and was knocked out for 45mins! they both had been drinking......guess another reason to not drink and ride!

JOEX
11-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Bummer.... One would think they would be enforcing the alcohol ban this weekend....

Joe

LazeR
11-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Yea, major bummer......i talked to the forest service guy and hes like they really enforced the law this year and next year is gonna be worse.....if they really enforced it....how'd were those 2 riding? by the way the 2 that were in the wreck were friends...

JOEX
11-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Incidents like this is why they had to put a ban on alcohol at the dunes. Some people are just irresponsible.

Being friends would make it that much worse...... imagine the guilt.... Guess there wasn't a spotter

I've been in a couple of pile ups with friends on the trails at Florence with not much damage to person or quad. And seen a near catastrophe with a couple of the kids in our group this summer. Nothing that required medical treatment but the scare was there big time....

Joe

mopar 400
11-29-2003, 06:42 PM
I tell you Pismo this weekend was a mad house and they were really out enforcing the Laws. They even had a courtesy sound check area, and a radar on the beach that told how fast you were going. I really don't mind the enforcement, since it takes some of the riff raff off the beach and where they belong, behind bars!

Narly R
11-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Dang thats terrible, was there many people out there this weekend?

LazeR
12-04-2003, 03:36 PM
From what i saw on friday, there was quite a few people especially considering the weather conditions........

Narly R
12-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Ya I saw a lot of people comming back on the road, in the rain!:( Nothing sucks more then dunes and rain!:(

JOEX
12-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
.....:( Nothing sucks more then dunes and rain!:(
Ain't that the truth! Other than work!LOL!

I was at the spring SLOV beach clean up at Sandlake. It was raining sideways, cold and I had tendonitis. Had a b!tch of a time getting the quad in the back of the truck.

It was still better than going to work!

Joe

Narly R
12-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Ain't that the truth! Other than work!LOL!

I was at the spring SLOV beach clean up at Sandlake. It was raining sideways, cold and I had tendonitis. Had a b!tch of a time getting the quad in the back of the truck.

It was still better than going to work!

Joe

LMAO! Ya man no kiddin! I hate being out there, and not being to get anyware dry, and just sand and water everywhere. Work does have it beat though.... last time it rained, nobody was there so i was doing cookies in the parking lot with my dad's kodiak, and flipped it...:mad: thas what i get I guess.....:D Thats why i dont go to the dunes in the winter.....

JOEX
12-04-2003, 10:39 PM
LMAO! Ya man no kiddin! I hate being out there, and not being to get anyware dry, and just sand and water everywhere. Work does have it beat though.... last time it rained, nobody was there so i was doing cookies in the parking lot with my dad's kodiak, and flipped it...:mad: thas what i get I guess.....:D Thats why i dont go to the dunes in the winter.....
LOL! no matter what you do, when you mess with your parents chit someting will go wrong and it will be your fault.:p :D

Joe

Narly R
12-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Ya, well i am REALLY bad. i dont like mean too, but I ALWAYS brake stuff!:mad: Its like I am having fun, and want more, then....... "ohh chit":eek:

Ive broken all the wheelers numerous times, sumthin on both trucks, tractor, backhoe, lawnmower,...... you name it ive broke it...:( but acually my dad's bike was ok in THAT roll-over. It was all slick, and well it dont slide too well..... but those 4wheeldrive cookies are shure fun!:devil:

JOEX
12-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Ya, well i am REALLY bad. i dont like mean too, but I ALWAYS brake stuff!:mad: Its like I am having fun, and want more, then....... "ohh chit":eek:

Ive broken all the wheelers numerous times, sumthin on both trucks, tractor, backhoe, lawnmower,...... you name it ive broke it...:( but acually my dad's bike was ok in THAT roll-over. It was all slick, and well it dont slide too well..... but those 4wheeldrive cookies are shure fun!:devil:
LOL! sounds like you have some very understanding parents:macho

That seems how it goes, you can ride and beat the chit out of your own stuff and nothing happens but when you get on someone elses toy something breaks!:p

Joe

Narly R
12-04-2003, 10:55 PM
I guess my 250r can just handle the 80 fotter better than the 4 by.....:rolleyes: :p

There has been many times they (parents) have wanted to strangle me!:eek:

I dont ride friend's stuff for shure!

LazeR
12-06-2003, 02:57 AM
Haha, im kinda the same way.....im pretty good and screwing up something of my parents...it must just be a son thing lol....like i was backing up my dads dakota to the boat by myself (without a spotter) and like i had about 2 feet and i went back thinking i barely went back....and the tongue pushed the license plate up and went between the bumper and the tailgate....not screwing anything up but the license plate.....and im like #*&# and i see my dads gf was standing there the whole time and im like why didnt you say anything and shes all i didnt think you would hear me! so like 30 mins later my dads all hey do you know anything about the license plate being bent? and i just start busting up laughing......the cool thing was that he didnt really care

edit: I apologize if this post doesnt make any sense....its like 2am and im tired as hell!

JOEX
12-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Haha, im kinda the same way.....im pretty good and screwing up something of my parents...it must just be a son thing lol....like i was backing up my dads dakota to the boat by myself (without a spotter) and like i had about 2 feet and i went back thinking i barely went back....and the tongue pushed the license plate up and went between the bumper and the tailgate....not screwing anything up but the license plate.....and im like #*&# and i see my dads gf was standing there the whole time and im like why didnt you say anything and shes all i didnt think you would hear me! so like 30 mins later my dads all hey do you know anything about the license plate being bent? and i just start busting up laughing......the cool thing was that he didnt really care

edit: I apologize if this post doesnt make any sense....its like 2am and im tired as hell!
LOL! makes perfect sense to me!:eek2: :huh :eek2: :p
But it's about 9:20 and a few adult beverages........:devil:

I have a Dakota myself, '94 'Sport v6'. Suits me fine. Have the same trailer tongue dents in my liscence plate And one in the tailgate. That just pissed my off:grr: It was my own fault though

Sounds like you got off easy!;) :)

Joe

LazeR
12-07-2003, 02:01 AM
whew, im glad im not the only one who backs up a lil to far lol
Ya i can imagine the tailgate one pissing you off...if i woulda hit the tailgate my dad prolly woulda killed me!

my dad has an '02 sport w/quad cab and the v8 its such a fun truck...but i only get to drive it a little bit when i can con them into it! haha