PDA

View Full Version : pipe help on 300ex

thursday
11-28-2003, 07:06 PM
i just installed a curtis sparks x-4 exhuast on to my 300ex(alot more power) when i went riding today alot of smoke was pouring out from the begining of the header u think i didnt put it on tight enough or could there be a engine problem? also when i would stop to let my quad cool down a very queit like popping noise was coming from the exhuast you no what this could have been? also one more question lol sorry how are air scoops for the 300ex becuase my engine runs to hott.

p.s im blowing alot of fuses could be electrical or since the cap is missing there blowing?

ThyJuGGaLo
11-28-2003, 07:10 PM
almost sounds like you have an exhaust leak, have you tried to tight it?

thursday
11-28-2003, 07:13 PM
im gonna take off the exhuast and put it on again but i dont think i have a exhuast leak i just bought the pipe 2 weeks ago and today was the first time i rode with it

thanks alot

300exOH
11-28-2003, 07:13 PM
did you put a new exhaust gasket where the pipe attaches to the head?

thursday
11-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
did you put a new exhaust gasket where the pipe attaches to the head?

no i did not do that a gasket didnt come with the exhuast i might need one of those wow quick replys thanks alot u guys ne thing about the other problems lol thank you very much yeah maybe a exhuast gasket

300exOH
11-28-2003, 07:23 PM
the gasket should help your popping problem. make sure you pull the old gasket out. then you can make sure your jetting is okay. I used a 135main with no lid and it's great. as for the fuses it could be water getting in since there's no cover. try putting some dielectric grease on the fuses before putting it back in. your bike should run pretty cool once your pipe and jetting are set properly. the scoops may help a little on high speed runs but in the woods they won't do much. an oil cooler would be best. good luck.

thursday
11-28-2003, 08:14 PM
hey guys thanks alot yea im running a 135 main with no lid the pipe is great and its loud im gonna get that gasket and do the fuse thing

thanks again