PDA

View Full Version : Does honda buy back quads?

DAFBFD58
11-28-2003, 06:46 PM
It is looking like I will have to get rid of my quad for some personal and money reasons here real soon. I owe a little over 7 on it because of a couple things i add at time of purchase. I was wondering if any one knew if the dealerships will buy back quads. Mine does not have that much use and time on the motor so it may be easier for them to do it but I need to get rid of it and that seems like the easier way to go instead of waiting for some one to buy it. So does any one have a clue if honda does this? :( :confused:

Max400
11-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Doubt it................

khen
11-28-2003, 07:16 PM
You can try but I'm 99.999% sure that Honda won't buy it back. The dealer might buy it, but you would take some serious depreciation on it no matter how much you've ridden it. The dealer would probably give you 50% of what you paid for it at best. If you try to sell it yourself you might get 75% of what you paid for it. But no one will buy it unless you have the title for it, so you have to pay it off first. Sorry for the bad news..

416exmx
11-28-2003, 07:53 PM
instead of buying it back...they would probably trade you even up for a new blaster...

MOFO
11-28-2003, 09:04 PM
They will probably offer some kind of consignment I bet.... or buy it outright from ya for next to nothing...

KASCHAK
11-28-2003, 09:08 PM
hehehe this is how i got my quad. some guy bought it. put different plastics grafic kit bars. skids. then brought it back to the dealer the next week and said he couldnt pay for it. and this was when 400exs were going for 6500. hehe i got mine for 3800. not even broken in. soo i dont know how much money your going to get for that when you take it back to the dealer. better off selling in in the papershop or loacal classifides magazine.

DAFBFD58
11-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info. I may just have to take the loss. I have posted it on a couple different web sites but i doubt i will get any bites. Maybe I will just have to suck it up and keep it, what a shame huh?

416exmx
11-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DAFBFD58
Thanks for the info. I may just have to take the loss. I have posted it on a couple different web sites but i doubt i will get any bites. Maybe I will just have to suck it up and keep it, what a shame huh?

a shame that you may have to keep it...it would be a shame if you had a yammi you had to keep..

11-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
a shame that you may have to keep it...it would be a shame if you had a yammi you had to keep.. rofl...thats what my friend left with shortly after he bought his crapturd & something different breaks or bends on it every ride

LTandRaptorider
11-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
rofl...thats what my friend left with shortly after he bought his crapturd & something different breaks or bends on it every ride

Ha! I knew you wouldn't pass that one up... :rolleyes:

I'm whispering comforting words to my Raptor now...

What the... sonofa*****! That looks like an oil leak... And the damn wheel just fell off... and the axle just cracked in half... and the upper a-arms just bent like spaghetti... second gear just sprang from the case... the shocks just blew out... the one-way just became a no-way... :blah:

Looks like I'll just have to jump on the LT... :devil:

BTW... price reduction on my Raptor... ;)

11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

What the... sonofa*****! That looks like an oil leak... And the damn wheel just fell off... and the axle just cracked in half... and the upper a-arms just bent like spaghetti... second gear just sprang from the case... the shocks just blew out... the one-way just became a no-way... :blah:

BTW... price reduction on my Raptor... ;) ROFL...i almost died laughing.....every four wheeler has there porblems....the raptor is just a problem on four wheels

hondafox440
11-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Yea, everything is entitled to have a few quirks here and there. Yamaha really abuses the privelege.

300exQuadracer
11-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Yea, everything is entitled to have a few quirks here and there. Yamaha really abuses the privelege.

no doubt my buddies blaster is barely a year old and he cracked the frame, replaced the carrier, broke of the stock grab bar, bent the handlebars, and stripped out the footpeg bolt holes and all of this was perty much from jumping and wheelies, he dosent even race

buckNbanshee
11-29-2003, 08:15 PM
yamaha sucks :( i have replaced just bout everything on my banshee its blown up once and its ready for a rebuild right now and the clutches was replaced about six months ago and something has been wrong ever since it was installed i guess that is what you get for letting a pot head intall them i just said screw it and im just gonna let it sit in the garage, i should be gettin a 2003 KDX 220 dirtbike sometime between march and june so i guess im goin kawasaki
:)

400EXrider#91
11-29-2003, 09:31 PM
you guys down yamaha, but when i have a problem i will let you all know. i'm not skeerd to let you know that i messed up. sometimes i wish i would of bought the honda but its all about having fun right?

buckNbanshee
11-29-2003, 10:05 PM
but its not fun when its sittin in the garage and you dont have the money to fix it and ur dad is *****in because he says that you tear up everything lol

Fuchs42
11-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Yamaha = Makes pianos, not quads.

11-29-2003, 11:42 PM
yah...I have nothing bad to say about the yfz450 right now...i guess no one that developed the raptor was on that team b/c everything is working out very well on it....I heard there were a few problems with a gear getting stuck or something but it was only on a very small number of them & I dont even know if it was completely true.....the ufz450 might be better than the trx450r, all I know is I wont be buying one b/c I have bashed yamaha too much to ever go to them. :cool:

AlaskaSpeed
11-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Anyone that bashes based on brand is a MORON...bottom line.

Preventative maintenance is the key to keeping anything in excellent condition. I would bet that most of the members have ever had their pivot bolt out, etc........:rolleyes: JIM

http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/frame_side02.JPG

11-30-2003, 10:15 AM
whats a pivot bolt?? :D

Chef
11-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Dont you love how you can bend the YFZ tie rods with your bare hands and a foot peg? Thats quality for ya...

AlaskaSpeed
11-30-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Dont you love how you can bend the YFZ tie rods with your bare hands and a foot peg? Thats quality for ya...

hmmmm...so with that logic you are built like a pos, cuz I could twist you like a pretzel using that same method.........:huh

Chef
11-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
hmmmm...so with that logic you are built like a pos, cuz I could twist you like a pretzel using that same method.........:huh

Yea, I guess that both me and the YFZ are POS's!:blah:

AlaskaSpeed
11-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Yea, I guess that both me and the YFZ are POS's!:blah:

one of us won that arguement.......:D

Chef
11-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
one of us won that arguement.......:D
:cuss: :muscle:

RIDER11X
11-30-2003, 01:55 PM

BTW... price reduction on my Raptor... ;)

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/rider11x/web%20pics%202/poor%20raptor.jpg

This is LTrider whispering little words of encouragement to his Raptor "You won't start, eh? Well now look at what you've done......he has the camera out now, now everyone is going to be laughing at us!"

You had to know I would post this sooner or later.

Everyone see the tow strap between the two? That is a Honda pulling a ........um........YAMAHA that would not start. Hmmmmm. :eek2: :blah: :devil: :devil: I'm not bashing, just a little kidding around.

I love Yamaha, they boost the ego of Honda riders!

LTandRaptorider
11-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
yah...I have nothing bad to say about the yfz450 right now...i guess no one that developed the raptor was on that team b/c everything is working out very well on it....I heard there were a few problems with a gear getting stuck or something but it was only on a very small number of them & I dont even know if it was completely true.....the ufz450 might be better than the trx450r, all I know is I wont be buying one b/c I have bashed yamaha too much to ever go to them. :cool:

Oh, come on... swallow your pride and buy the better quad... the YFZ450!! :D

I promise I won't bust your stones... too much! ;)

Now rider11x... you got it coming! :devil:

LTandRaptorider
11-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/rider11x/web%20pics%202/poor%20raptor.jpg

This is LTrider whispering little words of encouragement to his Raptor "You won't start, eh? Well now look at what you've done......he has the camera out now, now everyone is going to be laughing at us!"

You had to know I would post this sooner or later.

Everyone see the tow strap between the two? That is a Honda pulling a ........um........YAMAHA that would not start. Hmmmmm. :eek2: :blah: :devil: :devil: I'm not bashing, just a little kidding around.

I love Yamaha, they boost the ego of Honda riders!

The way I remember it, I was pulling your quad backwards... to keep it from running back to the truck after hearing my 660 roar! :devil:

RIDER11X
11-30-2003, 03:42 PM
The way I remember it, I was pulling your quad backwards... to keep it from running back to the truck after hearing my 660 roar! :devil:

:rolleyes: You know you may be right because, everytime I go to a race the 400ex's come back first, then they go up on the podium and hide behind that trophy! :eek: :devil:

LTandRaptorider
11-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Well, I'll wait to see if you finally come out from behind your camera next year to do some racing... :devil:

And so I don't have to worry about oil leaks and assorted parts coming off, I'll have the LT at every race! You better get out to Hunker and work on doing a double jump! Don't worry, people used to think they couldn't get large planes off the ground either... :D

RIDER11X
11-30-2003, 08:38 PM
You better get out to Hunker and work on doing a double jump! Don't worry, people used to think they couldn't get large planes off the ground either... :D

So when I practice double jumping..............I should land on the face of the jump...........stall the motor.................and try to start it while sliding backwards down the jump, right. If confused please refer to picture below:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/rider11x/web%20pics%202/FF.jpg

Man, I hate to leave the camera! I can be there to capture those precious moments in life so we can all enjoy them! :devil: :devil:

11-30-2003, 09:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH :D :D :D

LTandRaptorider
11-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH :D :D :D

What are you laughing at??? :grr:

Why did you change your screen name to jumbo, eat too much at Thanksgiving?? :D

I'm gonna smash rider11x's camera...

If he would race, I'm sure we'd have some Kodak moments of him... And he's had many of those moments trail riding, but I'm too busy helping him out... ie... telling him to take off his helmet so he doesn't throw up in it, after rolling his quad backward and stopping it with a handle bar to the groin... :eek2: or how about once again rolling the quad over backwards, succesfully getting away from it with out getting hurt, then slipping on his glasses and falling, hurting his wrist??!! :devil: or how about... I'll save more for another time, I have to get up early for work! :)

LTandRaptorider
11-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
So when I practice double jumping..............I should land on the face of the jump...........stall the motor.................and try to start it while sliding backwards down the jump, right. If confused please refer to picture below:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/rider11x/web%20pics%202/FF.jpg

Man, I hate to leave the camera! I can be there to capture those precious moments in life so we can all enjoy them! :devil: :devil:

I was waiting for the YFZ to catch up! :devil: