PDA

View Full Version : got a new truck

GrInDeR400ex
11-28-2003, 02:13 PM
well i traded off my 99 z71 ex cab with a 5.3 last friday and bought a 2001 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 6.0 in it i like it alot better

02Yellow400
11-28-2003, 03:15 PM
nice i just bought a 99 z71 lt like 3 weeks ago. I thought the 6.0 didnt come out till 02? hows the big block on gas?

250EXstud
11-28-2003, 05:46 PM
My dad sold his 6.0 beacuase of the gas. It hogs the gas! But that truck will fly!

GrInDeR400ex
11-29-2003, 01:27 AM
the 6.0 came out in 01 and with 4.10 gears it sucks i get 90 to a 1/4 tank after filled up....my 5.3 got like 140 and it had 3.73 in it so its a gas hog but i like it....lol

hondafox440
11-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Sweet. I got a truck yesterday too. 92 Dakota LE, 318 V8, extended cab, cap, new tires. No rust, and runs like a champ.

justdirt
11-29-2003, 09:58 AM
the 6.0L is not a big block

MOFO
11-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by justdirt
the 6.0L is not a big block

correct... the 8.1L is the big block... you wanna talk about a gas guzzler... that that puppy out for a ride. :devil:

HoNdAdude48
11-29-2003, 10:53 AM
yea... i just got a new 03' fx4 f-250 6.0 diesel, ive had nothing but problems, the truck will just be sittin' in nuetral and rev up & shiit? i have no clue what to do, i took it back to ford, but they said they cant do anything about it, and blamed it on the lift i have on the truck!! yea, i was pissed! lol, i called ford (the bowling green kentucky plant) and talked to them, they said it was in the chip & to take it back to the dealer, well i called the dealer back & they wont replace it, i dont know what to do, i think im gonna sell it and get an 04, there supposed to have them fixed now. I like the new 6.0's better, they run just like a gas motor, fast as hell! what do yall think i should do?

MOFO
11-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
yea... i just got a new 03' fx4 f-250 6.0 diesel, ive had nothing but problems, the truck will just be sittin' in nuetral and rev up & shiit? i have no clue what to do, i took it back to ford, but they said they cant do anything about it, and blamed it on the lift i have on the truck!! yea, i was pissed! lol, i called ford (the bowling green kentucky plant) and talked to them, they said it was in the chip & to take it back to the dealer, well i called the dealer back & they wont replace it, i dont know what to do, i think im gonna sell it and get an 04, there supposed to have them fixed now. I like the new 6.0's better, they run just like a gas motor, fast as hell! what do yall think i should do?

this is a common problem for the new ford diesel... what I would do is get rid of it... pick up either a new Duramax or Cummins... both are MUCH more reliable.

HoNdAdude48
11-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
this is a common problem for the new ford diesel... what I would do is get rid of it... pick up either a new Duramax or Cummins... both are MUCH more reliable.

i dont want the duramax cuz its made by izuzu and there having transmission problems, the cummins is a dodge, enough said, lol! im thinkin bout sellin the fx4 and getting a 4door hemi 4x4 with a 6 inch lift, the only problem is its a dodge. im just a ford truck man, they said the 04's are fixed but i'll believe it when i see it. :confused:

MOFO
11-29-2003, 12:07 PM
i dont want the duramax cuz its made by izuzu and there having transmission problems, the cummins is a dodge, enough said, lol! im thinkin bout sellin the fx4 and getting a 4door hemi 4x4 with a 6 inch lift, the only problem is its a dodge. im just a ford truck man, they said the 04's are fixed but i'll believe it when i see it. :confused:

FYI, to clear up your little internet rumor about the Allison transmission.... they have NOT had problems with them. They have proven themselves as a great tranny.

HoNdAdude48
11-29-2003, 12:33 PM
still, i dont like the look of the new chevy, if i was going to get one i would get the 99-01 body style, the chevy is a good truck, but when it comes to diesels, im ford all the way!

Glow Plug
11-29-2003, 02:40 PM

does your truck have the injector update done to it?

check out http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/ if you want some help with your 6.0 problems

Pvt. Maggot
11-29-2003, 03:19 PM
my dad bought a 2002 GMC Serria 2500 HD with the 496BB and allison tranny awhile ago...that truck is badass...fastttttt and that tranny is awsome...that thing has balls for 6 trucks...it will smoke all 4 tires...when we went and got it they told us it prob could pull a house off its foundation...now i believe them :eek:

Guy400
11-29-2003, 03:27 PM
My uncle has a '03 2500 with the 6.0L and he goes through a quart of oil every 5000 miles. The weird part is it doesn't smoke and doesn't drip. It's obviously being burned somewhere but the exhaust doesn't look real sooty or anything. On the other hand a friend of mine has a '03 2500 6.0L and it runs great so I think my uncle just got a bad engine off the assembly line.

The Allison tranny is great and I've got the utmost respect for Isuzu's diesel. I had a 2.2L Isuzu diesel in one of my old S-10's and it ran like a top all the way up to 180,000 miles. I sent the truck to the bone yard because 3 of the 4 cab mounts rusted through and if you'd hit a bump you'd feel the cab rise and then drop down again on the frame. That engine far outlasted the body.

HoNdAdude48
11-29-2003, 03:45 PM
call me old fashion, but i just dont like the idea of an izuzu diesel in a domestic truck, i like my stuff 100% american muscle, i mean i almost didnt buy my 300ex cuz it was made in japan:eek:

justdirt
11-29-2003, 06:59 PM
my father-in-law has a duramax w/ 5spd. allison it is sitting in his driveway right now and won't go into gear. i've worked in the international plant were the powestroke is made, all of the early 03 problems are supposed to be fixed. i would still by a cummins any day even though they come in a dodge.

HoNdAdude48
11-30-2003, 10:15 AM
yea my friends won't go itnto low range, hes got an 02 4x4 dulie

MOFO
11-30-2003, 05:30 PM
call me old fashion, but i just dont like the idea of an izuzu diesel in a domestic truck, i like my stuff 100% american muscle, i mean i almost didnt buy my 300ex cuz it was made in japan:eek:

next time you buy your "new" domestic ford, I suggest you check and see where most of the parts come from. Your gonna find out your "all american only" ford isnt quite that.... same for the other's as well.

MOFO
11-30-2003, 05:32 PM
yea my friends won't go itnto low range, hes got an 02 4x4 dulie

Ummmm going into low range is the transfer case, not the tranny itself. Could be something as simple as the switch.. (common problems with new GM trucks)

Glow Plug
11-30-2003, 05:34 PM
next time you buy your "new" domestic ford, I suggest you check and see where most of the parts come from. Your gonna find out your "all american only" ford isnt quite that.... same for the other's as well.

its sad to say but I don't think there is an car made by the "big 3" that all of the parts are made in the states :rolleyes:

justdirt
11-30-2003, 08:05 PM
yeah you're right, but cummins and the powerstroke are made in america, they're made right here in indiana.

11-30-2003, 08:51 PM
well we got a new truck a few weeks back, its a f-150 lariet.. boy o boy we love it!!! But of course i get the old chevy z71 ,uhh its a 97 model with 200,000 miles on it and still runs like new.. a tip for all you guys, run fully senthetic oil in your cars, im not kidding it helps a whole lot

TRX300X
11-30-2003, 09:03 PM
You need to be a pain in the dealerships @$$ if you want to get warranty work done. Your truck has to have some sort of warranty on it being that it's an '03. Although you putting the lift on it may have voided any kind of warranty that the truck did have on it. What I would do is take the lift out and take it in and get it fixed. Chances are that if the truck looks like it has never been tampered with ex, performance exhaust, intake, lift etc... They'll honor your warranty claim.

Dealerships don't make very much money on doing warranty work. I should know I work at one.

Also going through 1 quart of oil ever 5000 miles isn't bad by any means and no you wont find any smoke or any soot either. The emissions systems on the newer vehicles convert all your hydrocarbons (unburnt fuel) into water if they don't already get burnt using the EGR technology. Ever notice water dripping from your tailpipe? That's your catylitic converter changing all yoru hydrocarbons (unburnt fuel) into water so it's less harmful to the ozone.

Red00Honda400EX
11-30-2003, 10:36 PM
correct... the 8.1L is the big block... you wanna talk about a gas guzzler... that that puppy out for a ride. :devil:

I own a lawn business and we use a 6.0l, an 8.1, and a dmax. The 6l is a 2000 the other two are 2002's. The 8.1 and 6 get the same gas milage and the 8.1 tows and pulls about 10 times better. The duramax out does them both hands down and gets 18-22mpg doing it.

MOFO
12-01-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
its sad to say but I don't think there is an car made by the "big 3" that all of the parts are made in the states :rolleyes:

ummm, thats why I said "same for the others as well".... :rolleyes:

Glow Plug
12-01-2003, 07:13 AM
ummm, thats why I said "same for the others as well".... :rolleyes:

I just had to make myself fell specail for stating the obvious :rolleyes:

MOFO
12-01-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
I just had to make myself fell specail for stating the obvious :rolleyes:

dont worry, your spelling makes you look "specail"...