PDA

View Full Version : Very sore neck!

Narly R
11-28-2003, 11:47 AM
I woke up this morrning and I cant move my neck to the right at all, and like pick it up or anything. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? My throte was sore lastnight but besides that it was fine.:mad:

CHAUNCY
11-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah, its a pain when that happens...get a heat pad and put it on your neck for a while. Usually works for me:) I also heard that laying on your back in a pool will help too:confused:

QuadJunkies
11-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
I woke up this morrning and I cant move my neck to the right at all, and like pick it up or anything. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? My throte was sore lastnight but besides that it was fine.:mad: more times than I can count. I have to take muscle relaxers from time to time from bad vertibraes and pinched nerves in my neck and upper back. After a day of racing or sand riding. you prol just slept on it wrong and a muscle is just trweeked, put some Bengay on it, take hot showers and some advil and it should be better in the morning, maybe have your GF give you a nice rubdown to relax it a little....:devil:

Narly R
11-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
maybe have your GF give you a nice rubdown to relax it a little....:devil:

my thoughts egzacly. :D Hey ya i foregot we have this big heat pad thing. ill give that a shot. I took sum pills, and put sum icy hot on it. Time will tell...

11-28-2003, 12:38 PM
ICY HOT!!!!:D

ny300exrider
11-28-2003, 01:04 PM
yea i had that a couple weeks ago but it was actually a pulled muscle. it was exactly like what happens when you sleep wrong though. i used some icy hot, a warm pack, and a neck pillow. i was actually hurting for like 4 days before it got better.

redgrizz
11-28-2003, 02:27 PM
ha i did this to my self once but i wasnt sleeping. I was arm wreseling(sp) my friend and i was on the bad side of the table when u arm wresle on one side of a table. Well he was pretty strong so i was really tryin and i turned my neck to far and it felt like i broke my neck, but lol i couldnt turn my neck the other way the rest of the day, it sucked a lot

11-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I have to take muscle relaxers from time to time boy howdy...those muscle relaxers kick ***

11-28-2003, 05:25 PM
id get that check out if it doesnt go away, especially with the sore, throat, i just got over strep a few weeks ago

ive pulled muscles in my neck, it usually goes away, i did it one time trying to look at the back of my head

Narly R
11-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Well its the end of the day and it doesnt fell any better! :( I have to race tomarrow, I rode a little today and it was ok but still hurt. My mom said that there is some kinda sickness going around that can cause my neck to get sore. i had a couple ear aches in the last month too.....:ermm:

Got nads?
11-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Meningitis(I think that is how you spell it)causes
brain stem swelling, which gives you a sore neck. It is usually associated with flu type symptoms
ie. headache, sore throat etc. Might want to go to a doctor.

Narly R
11-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
Meningitis(I think that is how you spell it)causes
brain stem swelling, which gives you a sore neck. It is usually associated with flu type symptoms
ie. headache, sore throat etc. Might want to go to a doctor.

Man i dont wanna go to the doctor AGIN!:( :mad:

JOEX
11-28-2003, 07:51 PM
That Meningitis (http://www.meningitis.org/) can be fatal very quickly. If you think that might be it go to the doctor NOW!

Joe

Narly R
11-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Ya I might go to the doctor. I dunno....

MOFO
11-28-2003, 09:02 PM
sounds to me like you just slept on it wrong...

I've done that one too many times in the past... drink too much beer...pass out with your body all bent out of shape, then wake up to find neck & back are sore....

KASCHAK
11-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
ICY HOT!!!!:D

thats the secret to our track wins. and cross contry. lol it sounds kinda gay but ohh boy do ya run like hell.. put it on your genitalia. lol the faster you run the cooler it gets. so runnnnnnnnnnn!!!

11-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
thats the secret to our track wins. and cross contry. lol it sounds kinda gay but ohh boy do ya run like hell.. put it on your genitalia. lol the faster you run the cooler it gets. so runnnnnnnnnnn!!!

switch someones lube with icy hot

11-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
switch someones lube with icy hot :eek:

JOEX
11-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
sounds to me like you just slept on it wrong...

I've done that one too many times in the past... drink too much beer...pass out with your body all bent out of shape, then wake up to find neck & back are sore....
Ever wake up with your *** sore?:devil: :blah: J/K:D

Narly R, hope I didn't scare you with my other post, I'd rather play it safe than be sorry;) :)

Joe

Narly R
11-28-2003, 11:38 PM
LMAO guys...:D

No I understand what ya mean. If its not better by mon. Im going in.:o

QuadJunkies
11-29-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
switch someones lube with icy hot :eek: :eek2: :o :p LMAO!!!!!!!!!

dirtmomma
11-29-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Ever wake up with your *** sore?:devil: :blah: J/K:D

Joe

:eek: :eek2: LMFAO JOE!!

ryanh250ex
11-29-2003, 08:16 AM
one time we were wrestlin on the bus and some kid practically jumped on my neck. as soon as he hit it, something popped or snapped, and to this day i have to crack my neck to feel good.

one day i was crackin and i felt a bone move.....it felt and sounded like cartilege and bone was slidin around some.....and i go to crack the other side, and i couldn't lean my neck that way without EXTREME pain!it REALLY hurt. i looked in the mirror and my neck was out of alignment, you could actually see that it was crooked.

over the course of about a week, maybe 5 days or so, it went away. my neck feels and looks pretty straight now, and i have no pain anymore.

i'd recommend you see a doctor, but this is probably what you did.

Narly R
11-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Well its the morrning and its maybe a little bit better. But not much at all...:( I have a race today, so ill see how it is, ill take some pills, and rub it and see how it is. Thanks guys.

Guy400
11-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I've done that one too many times in the past... drink too much beer...pass out with your body all bent out of shape, then wake up to find neck & back are sore.... I thought your neck and back were sore from riding that electric bull (knighttime draped in Christmas lights). At least that's what Rico told me you guys were doing at the last H/M ride :eek2:

MOFO
11-29-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I thought your neck and back were sore from riding that electric bull (knighttime draped in Christmas lights). At least that's what Rico told me you guys were doing at the last H/M ride :eek2:

if there's no pic's... it didnt happen. :devil:

SSracingNY
11-29-2003, 05:21 PM
i think you just need to go riding. stretch that neck out.lol

11-29-2003, 07:24 PM
ever get electricuted? feels like sore neck all up throught your arms before you move wires out of the way with a hammer make sure none of them are exposed :eek2:

Narly R
11-30-2003, 07:37 PM
LOL, ya acually just a ;little bit ago I got shocked by the freakin welder!:eek2:

Well I went to the race, my ball joints broke I flipped over and landed on my head. Yea..... my neck still hurts.:(

JOEX
11-30-2003, 09:21 PM
LOL, ya acually just a ;little bit ago I got shocked by the freakin welder!:eek2:

Well I went to the race, my ball joints broke I flipped over and landed on my head. Yea..... my neck still hurts.:(
Bummer dude, I thought you just redid your front end:confused:

Down some Ibuprofen unless the doc has omething better:devil:

Joe

11-30-2003, 09:29 PM

Joe vicoden!:devil:

Narly R
11-30-2003, 09:30 PM

Joe

Ya I did, my ball joints broke, i think they were bad. im going to be calling lonestar.

Im living on Ibuprofen right now. Airheadeddunner was there, he broke his swingarm, it was a bad night! Joe, u race? it was at the indoor track in salem.

airheadedduner
11-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Ya I did, my ball joints broke, i think they were bad. im going to be calling lonestar.

Im living on Ibuprofen right now. Airheadeddunner was there, he broke his swingarm, it was a bad night! Joe, u race? it was at the indoor track in salem.
I bet your neck's sore now. That was a bad night huh:p Track wasn't so friendly to quads this time. Narly was deffinatly one of the faster riders. I was shocked, I wasn't expecting that being you said you only raced once before. I think you supprised that intermediate class rider who rode with us. I can't believe those ball joints broke. There is no way they should have. It looks like lsr sent out a batch of a-arms with ill temperd ball joints. I am getting my swinger redone, and in a more track appropriate length this time, will be better then new next weekend. In a couple more weeks I will be ready for some redemtion cause that was a hell of a night:mad: Maybe next time I will be able to keep you in sight:blah:

JOEX, you need to come down and race too:macho

QuadJunkies
12-01-2003, 12:43 AM

Well I went to the race, my ball joints broke I flipped over and landed on my head. Yea..... my neck still hurts.:( Narly, what kind of racing did you do? Flattrack? I seen a bit of that flippin this wk end myself.....:eek2:

Narly R
12-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks airhead. Thats awsome that you got your swingarm fixed!!! I might be there agin this weekend... I dunno. I will be more mentally prepared this time... Yes JOEX should come! *hint hint*:cool: UPP said they will try to come and watch the next race.

QuadJunkies, I race MX. i would race flattrack ot TT IF they raced it here. I know they do in washington, but I am really trying to get going in MX. I love it too, there are exceptions though...:o :rolleyes: :p Have you ever thought about racing MX? There were a couple girl riders there, you could take them!;)

denney_special9
12-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Man my bike keeps cutting out at full power and i don't have a clue why. i've tried everything. The only thing i haven't done is put an aftermarket cdi on. What should i do??

JOEX
12-01-2003, 09:43 PM
I don't think I have the balls to race MX:p Wouldn't mind tring it on a practice day though;) I have been thinking about flat track racing though. I work weekends so any organized racing is out for now :(

Joe

JOEX
12-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by denney_special9
Man my bike keeps cutting out at full power and i don't have a clue why. i've tried everything. The only thing i haven't done is put an aftermarket cdi on. What should i do??
If you at full throttle/RPM you are most likely hitting the rev limiter.

Joe

Narly R
12-01-2003, 10:10 PM
They practice wensdays at this indoor track, its too far for me to go on a school night. Go to www.albanymx.com for more info.;)

airheadedduner
12-01-2003, 10:52 PM
Give me a call if you are gonna race Narly, I may be able to get the EX up by this weekend. If anything I may at least come and watch.

JOEX, don't worry about having the huevos to go all out. A lot of the amature riders roll everything. It is all about learning and haveing fun:)

JOEX
12-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Give me a call if you are gonna race Narly, I may be able to get the EX up by this weekend. If anything I may at least come and watch.

JOEX, don't worry about having the huevos to go all out. A lot of the amature riders roll everything. It is all about learning and haveing fun:)
I'd love to give it a shot but getting time off work right now is hard. How long is the season?

Joe

QuadJunkies
12-02-2003, 12:01 AM
Thanks airhead. Thats awsome that you got your swingarm fixed!!! I might be there agin this weekend... I dunno. I will be more mentally prepared this time... Yes JOEX should come! *hint hint*:cool: UPP said they will try to come and watch the next race.

QuadJunkies, I race MX. i would race flattrack ot TT IF they raced it here. I know they do in washington, but I am really trying to get going in MX. I love it too, there are exceptions though...:o :rolleyes: :p Have you ever thought about racing MX? There were a couple girl riders there, you could take them!;)
I actually took up some MX this summer and raced the Champoinship race with one other gal with the boyz:D . Ill be doing it alot more this summer if job permits:) yes. MX is a blast and I plan on doing the WORCS races when they come locally in Sept

airheadedduner
12-02-2003, 10:18 AM
I'd love to give it a shot but getting time off work right now is hard. How long is the season?

Joe
The indoor season goes into march I think, then they go to the outdoor track at albany. Practice sessions are on wednesdays. Races our on Fri, and Sat, sometimes sundays at the indoor. Racing at 7pm. There web site has all the info, not a guess like I am giving you:p If you get a chance you should at least come watch. It is a lot of fun. The 65cc open and 85cc DB riders are crazy little mofos, some of them have got to be as fast if not faster then a some of the big boys:eek2: