PDA

View Full Version : discs in white bros. e series

mack400ex
11-28-2003, 09:57 AM
i have a 400ex with the white bros e-series i need to know what the deal is with the discs what beniefets do you get with more/with less discs?

trailburner
11-28-2003, 10:11 AM
In the manual that I got with my pipe they said 12 discs worked best on the 400ex[on the dyno for all around power]....The less discs you run you will have more bottom end power....Add more for more top end, It all depends on where you want your power..I run 12 & like the power curve there......

quadrider400
11-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by mack400ex
i have a 400ex with the white bros e-series i need to know what the deal is with the discs what beniefets do you get with more/with less discs?

I have had this for about 18 months and some of it depends on other mods you have on y0ur quad which you have not listed in a sig.... anyway.... I use the disks more for sound control than anything else..... 6 or so and I am in the 94 - 96db range in an open area I run 13 (all I own) and like it...
You will also have to make some adjustment to your main jet and again that will depend on piston, air filter, carb jet kit etc....

If you are running stock I would remove the air cleaner lid, get a K&N go one jet size larger than where you are..... and consider based on where you ride dropping one tooth on your front sprocket.....

let me know:rolleyes: