PDA

View Full Version : handlebars renthal or afam??

02-13-2002, 04:06 PM
whats the best handlebars renthal or afam??? thank you:huh :huh

2qk4u
02-13-2002, 08:19 PM
I got renthals and really like them.

02-14-2002, 03:54 AM
but why you like them? because they look better? wich color for renthal bars on red ex400?

2qk4u
02-14-2002, 07:53 AM
the reason i like them better is because they just feel alot more comfortable and solid i guess. I like the center bar/pad and really like the looks of them. they are the silver ones. they are supposed to be the best bar renthal is making right now. they cost me around $65 i think. they only have this kind in silver which would look good on a red 400 also. you can use your red cover also if you want. i recommend using it because i think it looks a little funny without it. the only thing you need to do is put it on like it came off your stock bars but you cannot use the screw that held it on your stock bars because there is no bracket on the renthals so all i did was took a ziptie and ran it through the hole where the screw went on the plastic cover and looped it around the handlebar and zipped it. cant really see the ziptie either. works great. hope this answers your questions and then some. good luck.

oynot400
02-14-2002, 04:38 PM
I have Renthal's also. I like them too and the fact that they stand behind them. I broke one end off in a race, and they replaced them no charge or questions. :D They were out of the 400ex bend so I got the 250r bend instead. They are a little higher and swept back more. I think it is more comforable riding that the 400ex bend, but that was me.
I never heard of afam. :confused:

RideRed04
02-14-2002, 06:35 PM
I got tag quad bend, and I love them. They are a bit lower and wider then the stockers. They are 1mm thicker inside the bars where they clamp on and are suposidly 20% stronger then renthals. I got them cheap from terry marcum too.