PDA

View Full Version : Members Age

QuadMatt
11-28-2003, 01:03 AM
I think that members age should be specified when submitting posts. I say this because there are a number of members who do not know how to behave properly and can often say inapropriate things that may offend other members. Often, these members are kids. As a fully grown kid (31 yrs old), I would appreciate if i knew that a response was made by a kid and not take it too seriously.

hondarider2006
11-28-2003, 01:05 AM
15...goin on 16 here in about 5 months....:devil:

QuadMatt
11-28-2003, 01:09 AM
hondarider2006, thanks for providing your age. However, I really didnt intend this post to be another roll call of everyones age. I was thinking more like making a place to enter your age or DOB in your personal profile so that it automatically displays with your post.

310Rduner
11-28-2003, 01:15 AM
It's a nice idea, and I agree with your reasons for having it. But, it's a lot of scripting for someone to put it in, and I think Harlen is busy enough with everything else he does for the site.

hondarider2006
11-28-2003, 01:17 AM
ok quadmatt...there is going to be a little section with my age in it in my profile just for you;)

zfire_28
11-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by quadmatt
I think that members age should be specified when submitting posts. I say this because there are a number of members who do not know how to behave properly and can often say inapropriate things that may offend other members. Often, these members are kids. As a fully grown kid (31 yrs old), I would appreciate if i knew that a response was made by a kid and not take it too seriously.

Sorry, but I do not agree. There are a lot of youngsters on this site here looking to find serious information, that a lot of people would no longer take serious if his 13 or 14 year old age was shown on every post.

Those of us who choose to have our age known can include it in their profile, and you may find it there. What is to stop ya from giving a fake age anyways?

batgeek
11-28-2003, 01:38 AM
age does not equate maturity or knowledge.

take me for an example :D

now there are great younger members on here that post good info, are respectful, and aren't *********s. you will be able to tell these guys from the dumbchits quite easily.

but personally, if you really need to know their age in order to take them seriously....that's your problem.

HoNdAdude48
11-28-2003, 10:03 AM
i agree with z-fire

11-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by zfire_28
What is to stop ya from giving a fake age anyways? i have my age in my profile ;)

LTandRaptorider
11-28-2003, 01:54 PM
If you can do the math, you can figure out my age from my profile... I'll grant you, you might be surprised from the content of my posts... :o

11-28-2003, 02:36 PM
i always thought you were no older than 18! :eek2:

LTandRaptorider
11-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
i always thought you were no older than 18! :eek2:

You thought I was that old??!! :D And to think you only have to add 20 to that... :eek2:

But i still get carded for Copenhagen once in a while... :p Yeah, so what that the clerk has coke bottle glasses...

ThyJuGGaLo
11-28-2003, 10:05 PM
hey quadmatt, i don't see you posting your age anywhere, besides this post but people aren't gunna come back to this thread everytime just to see how old you are

QuadMatt
11-28-2003, 11:21 PM
ThyJuGGaLo, There it is. Now I have to update every year....ah geez

zfire_28, I don't think that younger people should be excluded. I am happy to offer assistance to anyone who cares for it. Its more about the guys who make groundless statements and often aggrivate people like me. If its a 12 year old, then you treat it respectively.

I personally have said things on hear that where really not how i wish to be percieved and not proud of. I hope everyone works to keep things civilised.

250EXstud
11-29-2003, 10:15 AM
I appriciate this post and you guys seeing how young people do know stuff. I am 14, and i get ticked off when stupid kids post stuff on here. But alot of us are young but know a lot and can ride. I think if you are young you need to earn you reptutation around here.

Adam202
11-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
You thought I was that old??!! :D And to think you only have to add 20 to that... :eek2:

But i still get carded for Copenhagen once in a while... :p Yeah, so what that the clerk has coke bottle glasses...
sometimes its hard to tell how old each member is. ive had people think im older and think that i actually paid for everything in my profile :D , of course it had to be a teenager.

HoNdAdude48
11-29-2003, 10:39 AM
quadmatt, how bout this, make it mandatorry to post your age in your profile. If someone says somthing offensive, check there profile to see there age. That way youger people can still post messages without older people scanning over them. every one post your age in your profile, i think we should make it mandatory to post your age in your profile. idk, just my 2 cents.

11-29-2003, 11:03 AM
why is it always someone elses fault if your offended, suck it up, not everyone is gonna be all fake and nice

HoNdAdude48
11-29-2003, 11:12 AM
yea im with freeride!

buckNbanshee
11-29-2003, 08:29 PM
im 14 , ill be 15 in March

QuadMatt
11-29-2003, 08:35 PM
freeride132

It is a free country, so feel free to speak your mind. If you show repect for others, than expect it in return.

How old are you by th way?

11-29-2003, 08:47 PM
freeride132

It is a free country, so feel free to speak your mind. If you show repect for others, than expect it in return.

How old are you by th way?

18, clikc where it says profile and look

4wheelboy
11-29-2003, 09:05 PM
dam newbies cuming in hear and trying to change everything:mad:

j///k mann

judge people on hear by there knowledge and commun sense not by their age

Ryan
11-29-2003, 09:15 PM
I really don't think it is really necessary. The reason why is I don't think it will really change anything. I understand your points, though.

QuadMatt
11-29-2003, 09:51 PM
4wheelboy, newbie? I have been a member for 2 years. But there isnt anything wrong with a new member trying to imp[rove the site either. I see you are a new member and i hope you would agree after thinking.

Ryan, Its not necessary, nor does it sound like doing the work would be practical. BUt, look at this guy freeride132, he is 18, so i understand why he acts like he is. If he was 28 I might think less of him for not understanding about keeping things civilised for the better of the site.

I was young and dumb too. But now im not.

kicken250x
11-29-2003, 10:01 PM
i understand everything you are saying in your post but come on dude its the internet. people will piss you off on purpose on here just like they will in real life just to get a good kick out of it. some people are *******s and like to do things like that. they think they are big because they have the safety of a computer screen to hide behind. you gotta lighten up some dude. if some1 offends you no matter if they are 12 or 55 it doesnt matter let them have there fun and move on with your life. ive been on this site for what seems like forever now. im not a highly known member such as kenny, rico, leo or jeff but i do think i have earned my respect here in a since that people take me seriously even tho i am 15. yea, i joke around with people every now and then just like everyone else. you cant always be serious. what provoked you to make this post anyway? :confused:

QuadMatt
11-29-2003, 10:13 PM
kicken250x

I was prompted to make this post merely as a suggestion to improve the site and get some constructive input. This was after reading posts that were made by some of the people that are on here. I questioned their age because of the immature and stupid things they say.

Try and remember that this is an effort to improve the site and not an attack on young people. If you are young and dont talk ****, then you should agree with me so that you get the respect a young person, who does have something intelligent to say, deserves.

I have made my case, and i dont care for long threads, so i will rest with the issue here.

Ryan
11-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Quatmatt, I understand where you are comming from. I agree with what you have to say about the members ages and the arguements, although I don't think anyone is going to take this into consideration.

I list my date of birth in my profile if anyone was interested. So they can always check there for my age.

11-29-2003, 10:53 PM
4wheelboy, newbie? I have been a member for 2 years. But there isnt anything wrong with a new member trying to imp[rove the site either. I see you are a new member and i hope you would agree after thinking.

Ryan, Its not necessary, nor does it sound like doing the work would be practical. BUt, look at this guy freeride132, he is 18, so i understand why he acts like he is. If he was 28 I might think less of him for not understanding about keeping things civilised for the better of the site.

I was young and dumb too. But now im not.

its the internet you could be 12 i could be 50 its only words lol

lol
11-30-2003, 12:28 PM
little off subject but........u live in yorktown, do u no a place called joe cameras by any chance:confused:

HoNdAdude48
11-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by lol
little off subject but........u live in yorktown, do u no a place called joe cameras by any chance:confused:

wtf..... "a LITTLE off subject":huh :huh , lmao!

lol
11-30-2003, 12:47 PM
lol,thats what i'm nown for! friends are talking bout basketball i walk up and i'm like " guess what, Doug Gust won!" and there just like wtf:D jkjk

QuadMatt
11-30-2003, 04:05 PM
I see Joe Cameras is some food joint nearby, but i dont know the place

lol
12-01-2003, 12:51 PM
my dad owned it uup until about a year ago, that place was pretty good, if u see it go in one day and ask for mary or tim, tell them u are a person who races quads and u are recruiting me:p