PDA

View Full Version : 250r mods

redgrizz
11-27-2003, 08:44 PM
hey, iv decided to drop my dreams of gettin a raptor and get a 250r. my friend though is probley gonna get a raptor this spring and me a 250r. my question is what mods do i need to beat him in the woods. i was thinking:
+2 a arms
+2 axle
new pipe
shocks
265 cc upgrade
air filter

another question is, i dont know any repatable(sp) companies for a 250r, espically where to get a 265 engine upgrade, thanks for your help, i guess im gonna start switchen to the dark side, ex riders lol

310Rduner
11-27-2003, 09:56 PM
For the engine I would have to recommend an ESR, I wouldn't even look at any other one really. The only other company I would recommend would be Curtis Sparks, but the wait for that would be incredibly long. There are several people on here with ESR engines and none of them have a single bad thing to say about them. www.esr250.com Xanada could tell you a lot about the esr 265 Pv, and oldsandman has the esr 330Pv.

Moded86R
11-27-2003, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't make a bike wider for the woods.

I would add first off all some good tires.I run razr mx's on my R.And 6 ply razr's on my ex's.Then I would add a pipe.Handlebars and skids are next.

Add some decent shocks to this.And a little experince on the bike.And a craptor is just a speck way way behind you.

oldsandman
11-27-2003, 11:20 PM
310Rduner is right on about esr...I only have good things to say about them. Their are some good deals on r's if you look around now. The r is the only quad that I have never sold once you have one right their isn't much better.

Narly R
11-27-2003, 11:49 PM
ESR kicks butt, but Ive seen some AWSOME LRD 265's! I like LRD a lot too. Both GREAT companies.

redgrizz
11-28-2003, 09:54 AM
what is lrd website, and why isnt there a 265 on esr's website? What make of shocks and pipe do u guys prefere. and how much hp in crease would i be lookin at if i got the 310 bolt on kit
265?

sweet300ex
11-28-2003, 10:25 AM
http://www.lrdperformance.com/

CHAR250R
11-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Don't overlook Duncan Racing. They have won more championships than all the others combined. All my 2 stroke motors have been built using Duncan machine work and parts. Excellent tech support, too. I hear good things about ESR and LRD, but I never hear anything good about CT. Keep the 250R narrow for the woods, and remember that the fastest motor isn't worth spit without good suspension. I think your buddy with the Raptor is going to have trouble keeping up with you. Good luck with getting a 250R. You won't regret it.

Giff
11-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Its much cheaper to buy an R that is allready set up to ride in the woods...
Believe me I know how much of a money pit building an R can be..
Check out the for sale pages for some nice R's, that are allready set up

redgrizz
11-28-2003, 04:43 PM
ok what is some good shocks i can get, not too expensive

marksuttonjr
11-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Any R you buy should be able to outrun a Raptor. A friend of mine has a highly moded Raptor, and I was smokin his ***** thrue some realy tight trails when the engine locked up. THATS THE LAST TIME THAT I TRUST ANYTHING BUILT BY A CERTAIN RACE SHOP IN SOUTHERN KENTUCKY. The engine only had about 25 hours on a complete rebuild. The cylender skirt broke. I'm sure that they knew it was cracked when they built the engine, and I also found some other stuff that wasn't together rite when I started tearing everything down. The entire quad had major problems ready to happen. The spacers were not in between the wheel bearings on either side. The spacer in the rear bearing carier was 1/4" too short. Stearing stem had a home made plastic bushing in it. No placement dowels anywhere in the engine. Just to name a few of the problems. And it was still lewaving that Raptor sit.