11-27-2003, 08:42 PM
:eek2:
http://www.gopartsdirect.com/street/catalogimages/PhotoID4618.jpg

JOEX
11-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Those look nice.:)

twisted threads
11-28-2003, 02:19 AM
I can't wait to see how much HP we can get out of the new 450r with all the different aftermarket pipes. Im curious if the stock pipe with the kit intalled will be better than the aftermarket pipes??

sweet300ex
11-28-2003, 06:26 AM
I love it!

29FTEX
11-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Aren't those Carbon fiber WB exhausts like $800??? I hope they hold together better than the E-series I used to have, for that price. I wonder how much they weigh, being carbon fiber???

slosh13
11-28-2003, 08:03 AM
I agree those exhausts look sweet, but they dont hold together. Kevin Windham jumped the huge uphill triple in michigan and when jump it where he and the bike were straight up and down and landed on his rear wheel and fender and that exhaust shattered into a million pieces. I dont think any pipe is worth $800. But thats my opinion.:)

TCracin440ex
11-28-2003, 06:50 PM
dude yea your opinion is right....800.00 is a bit steep....imma jus get me a good ol tc exhaust slip on....wich is proally better.....its loud as ****...and it retains the stock head pipe which gives better lowend....and lowend is what you want when you mxin with a quad....wb can shuv that pipe up their arses...its a bad *** pipe but...too expensive...ill buy the TC for 327.00..or ill either buy a sparks pipe and shorten it..

kwatts400
11-28-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm sure just about any pipe would have shattered on that type of landing.

2004TRX450R
11-28-2003, 09:13 PM
I bet you don't see much for improveiments with a different pipe. It might change the powerband to come on harder but you will loose bottom end so it just feels faster but is slower. I know on some of the street bikes the aftermarket pipes were only as good if not worse power than the stockers. I'm thinking of the RC51 off the top of my head. I would bet with this being a purpose built race bike Honda has it running top notich in stock form. Not saying that there isn't room for improvement but I think you are going to have to go farther than just an exhaust to get big gains.

TCracin440ex
11-28-2003, 09:17 PM
i doubt what you just said 2004.....there is always room for improvement...i doubt they got that bike running top knotch in stock form....because if they had it running top knotch in stock form they wouldnt have to ofer a hrc cam mod, jets, endcap and stuff like that..

RobRacing
11-28-2003, 09:22 PM
One of the main reason aftermaket pipes are better is because they are lighter. The pro's run the $800 carbon fiber pipes becuase they only weigh like 3 pounds they get them for practically nothing anyways. I like the aftermarket pipes because they sound a lot better.

TCracin440ex
11-28-2003, 09:26 PM
robracing if you have ever heard the "thump" of the TC exhaust ull fall inlove with it...i kno when i 1st heard a TC exhaust at nats...i was like damn...i was standing bout 10 ft behind the quad and could still feel the exhaust hittin my shirt...n them exhaust are louder than F*CK

2004TRX450R
11-29-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i doubt what you just said 2004.....there is always room for improvement...i doubt they got that bike running top knotch in stock form....because if they had it running top knotch in stock form they wouldnt have to ofer a hrc cam mod, jets, endcap and stuff like that..

I said there is probably room for improvement but it is probably running pretty good stock. I bet the pipe is tuned it pretty good for the way the bike is set up stock and there isn't going to be much room for improvement over the stock pipe without doing some other major engine mods such as porting and such. There is always room for improvement but some bikes are built to a higher state of tune than others in wich it takes more to get more out of them rather than bikes like the 400EX wich is in a relatively mild state of tune from the facotry and it responds well to mods.

slosh13
11-29-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm sure just about any pipe would have shattered on that type of landing.

All i was saying is that the carbon fiber would be more prone to breaking just b/c of the facts that its so light and some what brittle. I also agree with you that any pipe can break.:)

lukester720
12-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Since white bros sponsor tim farr and tim farr is the honda backed rider I'm sure white bros will have the best exhaust out there. Plus from what I've read on other sites wb and hrc have been working with each other on the R wb also offers an aluminum version (seen I the pic) for those who are not sure how the carbon fiber will hold up.