PDA

View Full Version : Tank vs. Car *vid

Adam202
11-27-2003, 07:36 PM
http://www.derkosmischetodesstrahl.de/pictures/tank_vs_car.avi probably only a fraction of how bad the war going on right now really is.

Nausty
11-27-2003, 08:49 PM
quicktime and windows player won't let me see it.:mad:

Adam202
11-27-2003, 08:59 PM
thats what i thought, just let it load. its over a min long.

LTandRaptorider
11-27-2003, 09:01 PM
I waited... I don't have the right codecs with Media Player... :grr:

11-27-2003, 09:15 PM
wont work for me either :mad:

MOFO
11-28-2003, 08:14 AM
I was able to watch it... Media Player 9 with all the updates....

LTandRaptorider
11-28-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I was able to watch it... Media Player 9 with all the updates....

Ok, thanks. I'll have to do some updating tonight... :o

hondafox440
11-28-2003, 08:45 AM
How do you get updates for WMP?

MOFO
11-28-2003, 09:03 AM
I have WMP setup to check for updates once a week.... does it automatically.

Go under TOOLS then OPTIONS... you'll see where you can set it up for updates.

hondafox440
11-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Oh, I have that too. But when I play that video it plays as a song.

MOFO
11-28-2003, 09:05 AM
strange, sounds like you dont have the proper codecs to play it... is yours set to automatically download the codec too?

Adam202
11-28-2003, 09:21 AM
what did you think of the vid mofo? did it suprise you our soldiers act like that? it really kinda shocked me at first, then i thought about it and im sure its nothing compared to how bad it is.

hondafox440
11-28-2003, 09:33 AM
MOFO, I have it set to download automatic updates once a week and download codecs automatically. The "Connect to Internet" box is checked also.

Toadz400
11-28-2003, 09:37 AM
how do you download the proper codecs and whatnot?

i have version 9 and i have it set for check for updates everyday and download codecs automatically, but there are a ton of videos i can't watch because i don't have the proper codecs or something else with not having proper files and it pisses me off:grr:

MOFO
11-28-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure whats wrong then... maybe somone who knows media player better can help? Try using WinAMP... it works for me too...

11-28-2003, 11:36 AM
just worked for me, ha pretty funny....."thats what you get when you loot"..

MOFO
11-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Adam202
what did you think of the vid mofo? did it suprise you our soldiers act like that? it really kinda shocked me at first, then i thought about it and im sure its nothing compared to how bad it is.

nothing to think about it. Its called basic punishment...something those idiots will understand. You and I are not over there to fully understand what our troops are against...

personally, nothing pisses me off more than when media trys to show our troops as being the bad guys. :mad:

Toadz400
11-28-2003, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure whats wrong then... maybe somone who knows media player better can help? Try using WinAMP... it works for me too...

the files that don't work for Media Player don't work for my WinAmp either, so i don't know what the deal is...maybe the vids don't like me:(

Atreyu
11-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Still doesen't work for me ...:mad:

Adam202
11-29-2003, 09:33 AM
nothing to think about it. Its called basic punishment...something those idiots will understand. You and I are not over there to fully understand what our troops are against...

but dont you think crushing there car for stealing wood is a little more than basic punishment? i think thats pretty harsh.

LTandRaptorider
11-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, harsh is the only thing they understand... And what looks harsh to you, is less so in a combat environment.

MoFo, I thought I had the latest updates for media player, and I do. I'll have to investigate this to see why I"m not getting the required codecs. I only get the audio portion of this video clip... :grr:

Adam202
11-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Unfortunately, harsh is the only thing they understand... And what looks harsh to you, is less so in a combat environment.

thats true, but were supposed to be helping there country out, taking out the "bad guys" and trying to direct there people into the right direction, thats doing nothing but making them hate us even more.
Edit: im in no way against the war, so dont think im one of them stupid asses against the war.

LTandRaptorider
11-29-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm always behind the troops, no matter what the political agenda is. I do agree that will, or has become, quite a mess. I know we have to maintain a military presence over there. To take out a regime and not stick around to help instill a better government would create a dangerous instability. I'm just not sure our government had a realistic exit strategy... Now with mounting American deaths, our exit timetable has been moved up by the changing unfavorable view of the war by the American public, and media. What most peole don't understand, no matter what we do, or how we help them out, the Iraqis will hate Americans. It's become quite a quagmire for our troops, very much like our involvement in Vietnam. It may not sound like a great plan, but what you do is wipe out the current regime, point them in the right direction, and back out and hope for the best. We're trying to place a democratic government there, I don't believe that would work. The Iraqi people needed our help with Hussein, now they want left alone. Well, I could ramble on more, but that's enough for now! One more thought... We are there to 'take out' the bad guys. However, that's a situation that is in a constant state of flux. Someone who one minute is very grateful for an American troop helping to fix his broken down vehicle, just may shoot that same man in the back with an AK as he walks away. The Middle Eastern people live in the moment... happy to take help when he needs it, but business as usual when it's done. so think about being in those conditions when you feel the urge to judge U.S. trooops for being too violent. War is hell...

And I didn't think you were a stupid @ss... we all have opinions, and live in a free country where we can voice them! ;)

Adam202
11-29-2003, 10:36 AM
thats the thing, that video is nothing compared to what goes on, but it kinda bothered me, you have to be like that to win the war tho. :(

MOFO
11-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Adam202
thats the thing, that video is nothing compared to what goes on, but it kinda bothered me, you have to be like that to win the war tho. :(

keep in mind your also NOT seeing the video footage of these types of people that are hiding car bombs, ambushes and killing our troops. They CANNOT take ANY chances or assume everything is ok or normal.