PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Atreyu
11-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Thinking about getting into racing but I'm not what I should do. Put more money into my ex, or sell/trade in for one of the new 450's. Are the 450's really that much better? With shocks, a-arms, axle, national 426 kit, etc-will I be able to hang with the newer quads on the track?

If you were in my place, what would you do??

Thanks....

slosh13
11-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Im trying to sell my 416 to get a new 4-fitty. The 400s can still hang with the 450's but you gotta have a buttload of motorwork for them too.:rolleyes:

Glow Plug
11-27-2003, 03:14 PM
personally I would keep the 400 but that mainly because I like the looks of the 400 much better than the new 450's

also it depends on your skill level and what class your going to be racing...

11-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
Im trying to sell my 416 to get a new 4-fitty. The 400s can still hang with the 450's but you gotta have a buttload of motorwork for them too.:rolleyes:

a 400ex is competitve with a lil motorwork and some good suspension if your a or higher youll want a yfz to be competitive

Atreyu
11-27-2003, 03:24 PM
I'll be racing district 6 mainly. I highly doubt I'll race A. I just wanted to either get a new 450 or mod the ex for the winter so I can practice at like Chattsworth or something because it's open year round. I would have to finance the yfz though. Not sure if I want to be paying a quad off for two or three years.

11-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I'll be racing district 6 mainly. I highly doubt I'll race A. I just wanted to either get a new 450 or mod the ex for the winter so I can practice at like Chattsworth or something because it's open year round. I would have to finance the yfz though. Not sure if I want to be paying a quad off for two or three years.

haha im in the same boat cept im looking to go A but i dont really wanna part with my 400ex to pay off a big chunk of the payments, locally i think you could run a modded 400ex in A but nationals may be a diff story, but at southwick i saw a couple 400ex beating full aftermarket crfs, id like to do some more stuff to my 400 this season and get a yfz next season but i dont know, ive changed my mind a billion times now

batgeek
11-27-2003, 04:27 PM
victory will be much sweeter when you kick a 450s *** on your EX.

Atreyu
11-27-2003, 04:53 PM
Yeah maybe I'll mod the ex this year and next year buy a 450 and race A. I wouldnt finance a quad until I have everything squared away with my car and stuff. Plus this will give me more time to decide which 450 I'll buy. Right now the yfz is looking pretty good but that's because no one has trx's yet. I guess I'll see next year. Thanks for the help.

Nausty
11-27-2003, 05:13 PM
i would think a modded 400ex would be much better seeing your not gonna get much out of it and it pry won't be that much behind a crf when they are both decked out. jmo.

modded 400ex should be plenty anyways and in the end it will just teach you how to become a better rider instead of relying on the quad so that when you really do get a decked out one you'll fly and no how to push it to its limits.

ALso try to get parts on your 400ex that will interchange w/ the crf that way your not losing out so when you sell your 400ex you can just slap back on the stock parts and mod out the crf and your not really losing out cuz the prices of the crf will have dropped.

YamaWarr0121
11-27-2003, 06:51 PM
keep the 400ex, mod it n get it up to speed, you'll be used to it, and be able to ride faster on that than you would be on a yfz, then when u overcome your 400ex, move on to a dale, yfz, trx or something more powerful, forgiving

i'll see you at the races next year i presume

Glow Plug
11-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
i would think a modded 400ex would be much better seeing your not gonna get much out of it and it pry won't be that much behind a crf when they are both decked out. jmo.

modded 400ex should be plenty anyways and in the end it will just teach you how to become a better rider instead of relying on the quad so that when you really do get a decked out one you'll fly and no how to push it to its limits.

ALso try to get parts on your 400ex that will interchange w/ the crf that way your not losing out so when you sell your 400ex you can just slap back on the stock parts and mod out the crf and your not really losing out cuz the prices of the crf will have dropped.

true.... Keep the 400 man :)

4wheelboy
11-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Atreyu i wouldint even practice at chatts worth. the track has gone to **** . defintly aint worth 300$$:eek2: